Stan

Patch 7.3: Argus (Early Gameplay Video)

11 posts in this topic

gC0FDMF.jpg

Instead of capturing a thousand screenshots, we've uploaded a video of early Argus gameplay. 

Please note that this article contains major spoilers.

To reach Argus, there's a new auto-accept quest, where you're sent to Stormwind (Alliance) or Orgrimmar (Horde) to set sail to Exodar, where you meet Prophet Velen, Illidan and the rest of the crew. The Vindicaar (a big Draenei ship) is your primary method of transport and grants access to an extensive network of teleportation hubs (imagine flight paths minus the travel time).

Similar to how Argus can be seen from Azeroth after defeating Kil'jaeden, you will notice Azeroth in Argus's skybox. The story revolves around meeting High Exarch Turalyon and Alleria Windrunner, who have been gone for so long. The Light didn't abandon Turalyon on Argus. They're your new allies in the fight against Legion. Fel Reavers are roaming the area just like in the good old days!

Everything is buggy and there's a lot of lag, but that didn't stop us from recording our early Argus gameplay vid!

• Like 1

warning: content of post may contain spoilers from the video above

Between the two articles you posted I am thrilled to 7.3 so far along already, here's hoping to a steady content stream, I'd love to see 7.3 out by september. Only thing I'm a bit disappointed is argus itself, it basically looks like a giant broken shore or other legion infected areas, now, that makes sense i'm not sure what I was thinking or expecting, but more green and dull gray color schemes aren't exactly exciting. I guess that's the only reason I have to look forward to void lord stuff, everything will probably be purple instead of green.

1 hour ago, demonardvark said:

(...)

Only thing I'm a bit disappointed is argus itself, it basically looks like a giant broken shore or other legion infected areas, now, that makes sense i'm not sure what I was thinking or expecting, but more green and dull gray color schemes aren't exactly exciting. I guess that's the only reason I have to look forward to void lord stuff, everything will probably be purple instead of green.

Luckily, purple is an awesome colour. ;p

1 hour ago, demonardvark said:

(...) I'm a bit disappointed is argus itself, it basically looks like a giant broken shore or other legion infected areas, now, that makes sense i'm not sure what I was thinking or expecting, but more green and dull gray color schemes aren't exactly exciting. (...)

I know what you mean, but considering that Argus is a dying world, a mere husk of what it once was, it makes total sense it looks like that. Argus is dead, and what is left is the heart of The Legion.

41 minutes ago, Valhalen said:

I know what you mean, but considering that Argus is a dying world, a mere husk of what it once was, it makes total sense it looks like that. Argus is dead, and what is left is the heart of The Legion.

Yeah I certainly see the imagery and the parallels one could draw, just...... i dunno maybe they played too heavily with the aesthetic. Perhaps all the invasions and that would have had the towers and structures not just quite the corruption, that way when we would have gotten to argus it would have been a shock, like omg look what would have had happened to azeroth instead of oh more of this again.

59 minutes ago, Weltenfeind said:

Luckily, purple is an awesome colour. ;p

well its certainly a refreshing change of pace XD. Blizz does like to use last raids to allude to next expac content and if you look at models we see a lot of void enemies and that popping up. Wowhead even has some spoiler heavy models that are void related. So, it'll be a nice change after like three years of green/gray pokey things, hopefully the void stuff doesn't last too long. We don't need highlighting to help point out the bad guys, its almost green lantern style, hrm okay angry guys are all red, death guys are all black, etc. 

3 hours ago, demonardvark said:

I'm a bit disappointed is argus itself, it basically looks like a giant broken shore or other legion infected areas, now, that makes sense i'm not sure what I was thinking or expecting, but more green and dull gray color schemes aren't exactly exciting.

I think this was actually the reason that Blizz cited back at Blizzcon last year for not giving Argus its own expansion. I haven't played PTR yet, but I'm hoping that the architecture of Argus at least give us a little bit more differentiation. 

4 minutes ago, Kryptknight said:

I think this was actually the reason that Blizz cited back at Blizzcon last year for not giving Argus its own expansion. I haven't played PTR yet, but I'm hoping that the architecture of Argus at least give us a little bit more differentiation. 

that would salvage it for me, if you walk around the sexodar er exodar it all fancy and shiny and alien....ey. it would be nice to see some defiled structures on argus, (still likely green and pokey) but at least to imagine what it would have been like in its prime....... and now im heartbroken again about karabor in wod, so beautiful, so much wasted potential

5 minutes ago, demonardvark said:

that would salvage it for me, if you walk around the sexodar er exodar it all fancy and shiny and alien....ey. it would be nice to see some defiled structures on argus, (still likely green and pokey) but at least to imagine what it would have been like in its prime....... and now im heartbroken again about karabor in wod, so beautiful, so much wasted potential

I was hoping for a Caverns of Time-like Argus dungeon or scenario at least. 

22 minutes ago, Kryptknight said:

I was hoping for a Caverns of Time-like Argus dungeon or scenario at least. 

oooooh like a fall of argus dungeon, its all pretty and mid boss fight you see meteors and crap fall down and then the second half its all destroyed and stuff. agreed, that would be awesome :D