Stan

Patch 7.3: Caster Animations

13 posts in this topic

hvBop1Q.jpg

Patch 7.3 brings new caster animations for Druids, Mages and Shamans. Shadow Priests will also receive updates, but they were not ready for the initial 7.3 PTR Build push and we'll release a separate video once they go live.

Please note this is an early preview and it's likely and spells will receive additional tweaks throughout 7.3 testing.

Patch 7.3 Build 24463 focuses on updates for Restoration Druids, all Mage specializations & Elemental Shamans. Stay tuned for more updates.

• Like 1

i can't say any of the changes are really game changing or even that drastically different, some are fairly subtle. However, I do like the new chain lightning. That one gets a thumbs up. 

20 minutes ago, demonardvark said:

i can't say any of the changes are really game changing or even that drastically different, some are fairly subtle. However, I do like the new chain lightning. That one gets a thumbs up. 

They're very .. Underwhelming, if you ask me. But not worse, so I guess that's a plus.

For people like me, they are game changing - in a bad way.

While I appreciate these changes, I recently updated my 5-year old laptop so it could survive the hellish Greek summer. From its release, Legion took a toll on the poor aging laptop. I am already playing on lowest settings *argh*

Hopefully, this animation update won't have a very big impact.

• Like 1

I've raided Arcane mage since Firelands and I think the Arcane animations look pretty cool. Nice update

• Like 1

It would nice if the guy would have actually shown some of the spells in action rather then turning the camera to face the toon each time the spell was cast so we could see the spell rather then his face, Also where the hell is Warlock spells? are they not getting updated animations? Anyway the ones he actually did let us see look pretty good some are meh and close to the same with brighter color but still ok I guess.

3 minutes ago, Katt said:

I've raided Arcane mage since Firelands and I think the Arcane animations look pretty cool. Nice update

Agreed! The new Arcane ExplosionArcane Explosion looks great.

You guys sure use creative names for your PTR characters! Mr Icyveins and Icyveinss. Not sure what the other one was called though. Iicyveins?

;)

5 hours ago, Yridaa said:

You guys sure use creative names for your PTR characters! Mr Icyveins and Icyveinss. Not sure what the other one was called though. Iicyveins?

;)

Actually, Icyveinscom. Let me explain: Argus is extremely buggy right now and you receive critical errors and can't log in with that character until it gets fixed. The first time I recorded Argus gameplay, I noticed it had no sound and the character got stuck, which is why I copied another one over and gave him that name to record gameplay with sound and that character's gone now too! So, Icyveins and Icyveinscom have disappeared in the Twisting Nether full of critical Model.cpp errors, hopefully not for good!

Now on a more serious note, we use those name variations to ensure authenticity of our videos.

@Zadina

Placeholder for tweet 880558354984165376

• Like 2

Why did you recorded with the interface on ? That's silly :p Or at least don't put it on top of the character lol

Nice to see updates like this even if for mages it's very subtle (that blizzard tho).

18 hours ago, Zadina said:

For people like me, they are game changing - in a bad way.

While I appreciate these changes, I recently updated my 5-year old laptop so it could survive the hellish Greek summer. From its release, Legion took a toll on the poor aging laptop. I am already playing on lowest settings *argh*

Hopefully, this animation update won't have a very big impact.

Oh, I know that feeling. It is so sad to play Heroes of the Storm at the lowest settings. I can't even turn the physics on because it hurts my poor 7 year old Macbook. So no rag dolls for me. =(

• Like 1

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Stan
      Game Director Ion Hazzikostas is answering your Tides of Vengeance questions today. Check back for updates!
      Watch Now
      Q&A Highlights
      You promised us better communication. Why were so many changes undocumented in 8.1? (Profession requirements on crafted gear, multitude of M+ mob changes)?
      It's a continuing process of improvement. Blizzard is reading the undocumented changes thread on MMO-Champion and reddit. The latest patch notes were thorough, but not complete.
      The Profession crafted gear bug that went live was an inconsistency. The change was rolled back. The requirement will be back in Season 2.
      They missed some things like Stealth detection of mobs in Underrot. They failed to capture the changes. They're going to do better about that in the future.
      Could you add rationale for changes to patch notes and/or hotfixes? This would be a huge step in communication.
      They're going to add more "dev notes" to changes. They're not really satisfied with how they communicated that Mythic Keystones can no longerbe deleted.
      The recent 8.1 patch broke the popular CrossRP addon.
      There was no deliberate attempt to break the addon. Addons can't directly parse and do things with chat in Communities. This was done to help malicious stuff being done with the chat in Tides of Vengeance. They want to add an elixir to the game that will make you able to understand the opposing faction, but not speak their language. The hotfix is coming next week.
      Wondering why the change to deleting M+ keys. Seemed like a great QoL change made in BfA.
      It was a hotfixed change that they didn't fully think through. In the 8.0 pre-patch, you were able to delete your keys and reattain them. The team didn't like players deleting keys and picking seemingly easier dungeons.
      Why were ones made to increase challenge and change strategy without addressing pain points of other dungeons?
      In the last few days, they've got detailed breakdowns of dungeons mobs, difference where Teeming is introducing an artificial difficulty spike, wipe counts and as a result, Blizzard will be rolling out a hotfix to address some of these mobs next week. They need to get better at tracking them down internally.
      Are there any steps being taken to improve the M+ pug experience? Most groups are falling apart if they don't use voice chat.
      Voice Chat is the norm here, they're more interested to learn about how to improve the integrated Battle.net Voice Chat. Mythic+ is designed for real-time communication and that's not going anywhere anytime soon.
      Why do we have to wait for the opening of the Battle for Dazar'Alor. Why do we have to wait for Season 2 so long?
      Cutting Uldir short would be too soon. It's a healthy 8 boss tier, many guilds are still pushing for Cutting Edge. 3 months of raid tier would be too short and it's a natural thing of a new Season for a raid to come out.
      It'd be nice to have a source of Titan Residuum that isn't finite. I know you don't was us farming it, but can't you make the end-of-dungeon at least have a chance to drop some? Or shard of it.
      The residuum system is primarily designed to solve the problem of getting Azerite gear from the weekly chest.
    • By Starym
      We're back to daily hotfixes, as expected of the immediate post-patch period, with today's batch focusing on PvP, with Alterac Valley GY spawn fixes as well as DK, Priest and Warlock tweaks. In the quests department we're seeing a fan favorite bug go that's generated many a post on reddit, namely there won't be any more clone Anduins, Velens and Genns in the War room. It's a shame, but at least the Alliance doesn't have that clone leader advantage anymore so it was clearly a much needed faction balance change. There was also a fix for repeatable quests, some of which weren't resetting properly, as well as the now standard World Quest fix section.
      December 13 (source)
      Classes
      Druid Restoration Ursol's Vortex is learned at level 28 (was 63). Hunter Survival Fixed an issue causing Mongoose Fury to incorrectly apply new stacks before the damage from Mongoose Bite was dealt, instead of after. Items
      Heart of Azeroth (Elemental Shaman) Fixed an issue that sometimes caused Echo of the Elementals to summon two Ember Elementals after Fire Elemental expired. Player versus Player
      Alterac Valley Fixed a bug that caused players to be unable to spawn at Stonehearth Graveyard after dying. Death Knight Frostwhelp's Indignation (Azerite trait) now correctly damages players in addition to granting mastery. Raise Abomination will now correctly attack neutral creatures if the player is in combat with them. Priest Discipline Fixed a bug that prevented Trinity from providing additional critical strike chance to Smite , Penance , and Shadowfiend . Fixed a bug that caused Trinity to stop applying Atonement to targets after 3 are active. Warlock Affliction Fixed a bug that caused Gateway Mastery to reduce the duration of the Demonic Gateway debuff by more than 15 seconds. Quests
      (With server restarts in each region) Fixed a bug that caused repeatable quests, such as Pet Battle dailies or Blingtron, to reset incorrectly. Fixed an issue where Alliance players could not turn in "An End to the Killing " to King Anduin Wrynn in Stormwind if they were also on the quest "On Whispered Winds ". All NPCs related to “The Right Mech for the Job ” should now be visible, even when a Faction Assault is active. Fixed an issue where certain players could see multiple copies of Anduin, Velen, and Genn in the Stormwind War Room. World Quests
      Fixed an issue where Horde players could not complete the quest "Cease all Summoning " while the Nazmir Assault is active. Fixed a bug where players were sometimes not granted quest credit during “Desert Crawl”. Fixed a bug that prevented Blight Barrels from behaving properly on “Barreling Through ”. Baron Cloudsnipe will no longer chase players in Pozzik's Experimental Bomber to the ends of the earth on “Romp in the Swamp ”. He's still a crack shot, though. Previous hotfixes.
    • By Starym
      It's fluffy, foxy and white, with some wings to boot. The latest 25$ store mount is the Vulpine Familiar and they're apparently "fiercely intelligent and insatiably curious", whatever that means for a WoW mount. It has a blue saddle and is vaguely horse-shaped, so it should be on the side of the Alliance, but they don't like the Vulpera much, so it's a conflicted mount to say the least.
      Vulpine Familiar (source)

The fox that won’t trick you

Fiercely intelligent and insatiably curious, this species of fox has travelled the Great Dark Beyond to seek the companionship of the greatest heroes of Azeroth. Vulpine Familiars are born daredevils, and any one of them would make a great companion on your adventures throughout Azeroth and beyond.
      Ride into Battle
      Ready to go!
      Vulpine Familiar will be yours immediately after completing your purchase.
      Everyone gets one!
      Once it’s activated, Vulpine Familiar will be applied to all present and future characters on a single Battle.net account. It will appear in each character’s pet and mount journal.
      Automatically upgrades
      Vulpine Familiar automatically scales to the fastest riding skill known by each character. If they aren’t high enough level to use a flying mount, it will still be usable as a ground mount.
      If you're interested, head on over to the store and get yours.
    • By Starym
      Here comes the big one, as yesterday's hotfixes were just a warmup and today we have the main event. We have the profession high item level requirements change from yesterday reverted, Expulsom tweaks for recipes, returning Scouting Maps, another big wave of Azerite Trait changes this time in PvE, while PvP gets a whole lot of class changes and fixes.
      December 12 (source)
      Classes
      Monk Windwalker Good Karma no longer incorrectly increases Touch of Karma 's absorption.  
      Dungeons and Raids
      Uldir Vectis Fixed a bug causing Vectis to cast an extra Contagion prior to casting Liquefy. Items
      Scouting maps that teach flight paths to your alts have returned to the Honorbound and 7th Legion vendors. Island Flotsam will now correctly change to Dented Coin s when a Horde character changes to Alliance. Dented Coins will now correctly change to Island Flotsam when an Alliance character swaps to Horde. Heart of Azeroth Fixed a bug that caused damage effects such as Laser Matrix and Ricocheting Inflatable Pyrosaw to target enemies that were crowd-controlled. Good Karma no longer incorrectly increases Touch of Karma 's absorption. Healing from Glimmer of Light is now correctly modified by Mastery: Lightbringer . Echoing Blades ’ Fan of Knives explosion now always critically hits. Its base damage has been reduced by 75%. Developers’ note: This change allows the trait to scale with the talent Master Assassin in a more reasonable way. The total reduction of the Echo comes out to around 50%, with some variance depending on your Critical Strike chance. Missions
      Fixed a bug that caused Treasure Map missions to expire in 8 hours. They now expire in 72 hours. Developers’ note: This won’t affect missions that are currently in a player’s mission list, only newly-created missions. Professions
      Reverted yesterday's change to require Profession skill for using high iLvl crafted items. A number of recipes have been adjusted so that the Expulsom required by the recipe matches the amount of Expulsom returned when you scrapped the crafted item. Player versus Player
      Fixed a bug that caused players who have earned seasonal Gladiator achievements in Legion: Season 5 and Battle for Azeroth: Season 1 to not earn the Gladiator achievement. Death Knight Unholy Fixed an issue that caused the Zombie summoned by Reanimation (PvP Talent) to have more health than 5. Fixed a bug that caused Necrotic Strike 's initial damage to not be increased by Mastery: Dreadblade . Fixed a bug that could cause Necrotic Strike to apply too large of a healing absorb against non-player targets. Fixed a bug that caused the heal generated by Life and Death (PvP Talent) to be a critical heal. Fixed a bug that caused the heal of Life and Death to be larger than 10% of a heal cast on a target with your Festering Wound . Paladin Holy Cleanse the Weak will no longer incorrectly cause Cleanse to go on cooldown when it removes effects from friendly targets. Retribution Templar's Verdict and Divine Storm no longer deal reduced damage to enemy players. Priest Discipline Resolved an issue that caused Power Word: Shield 's value to be lower than intended when engaged in combat with enemy players. Power Word: Shield absorbs an additional 10% when engaged in combat with enemy players. Developers’ note: Shadow Priests’ Power Word: Shield was unaffected by the above and is unchanged. Shadow Fixed a bug that caused Greater Fade to be removed by Shadowy Apparitions . Rogue Fixed a bug that caused Vanish to end before the normal duration when taking damage and harmful effects. Assassination, Subtlety Fixed a bug that caused Subterfuge to not be applied when attacking during Vanish. World Quests
      Captured Zandalari no longer knockback NPCs during “Azerite Mining ”. Fixed an issue where Fozruk can sometimes fail to grant you World Quest credit. Fixed a bug that could remove a player from their manasaber mount on “Ley Race ”. Previous hotfixes.
    • By Stan
      Redditor Makesmashgreatagain noticed after 8.1 went live that ilvl 385 crafted items no longer work if you abandoned the profession used to craft them.
      Update: This was an unintended bug that was recently reverted.
      Placeholder for tweet 1072993206856380416 Emblazoned Deep Sea Breeches now require Zandalari Tailoring (110) as depicted in the screenshot below. The player switched to Alchemy/Enchanting and after Tides of Vengeance, the crafted item was red and gave no stats. The change was omitted from the official patch notes. We don't know at this time if it's just a bug or intended.

(Source)