FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
lethality

Unsure on Lego's and trinkets

Alright so I am really unsure on what setup I should use. i have a link to a RAIDBOTs simulation I did to try and find out my best gear set. Mainly looking for advice on trinkets and legendaries.

https://www.raidbots.com/simbot/report/oqQE7uL3Viu1oHrc9XExL

https://www.raidbots.com/simbot/report/mfvK9LrxmUd3N5uEhXNKzC

https://www.raidbots.com/simbot/report/mqyKVHLDKLGokSpmukeZ2Y

The legendaries I have:

The Instructor's Fourth Lesson

Tak'theritrix's Shoulderpads

Soul of the Deathlord 

Kil'jaeden's Burning Wish

Looking for advice - Currently using The Instructor's Fourth Lesson and Soul of the Deathlord.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Edited by lethality

As I understand, thou I might be wrong: Tak'teritrix and soul is the better two. And that would promote a DA build. Else you could go for 4th lesson and soul with SR for massive cleave. Kil'jadens aint bad and if you can line it upp with adds it on it's own do massive damage. 

Edited by Oro
Type-O's

On 7/1/2017 at 6:44 AM, Oro said:

As I understand, thou I might be wrong: Tak'teritrix and soul is the better two. And that would promote a DA build. Else you could go for 4th lesson and soul with SR for massive cleave. Kil'jadens aint bad and if you can line it upp with adds it on it's own do massive damage. 

In general you are 100% on the dot :)

So right now in most cases dark arbiter is 100% the go to build for unholy even more so if you have the tier 20 set bonus, so that being said Tak'theritrix's Shoulderpads Icon Tak'theritrix's Shoulderpads is by far your best legendary to equip. Now for the second one it can be a toss up between Soul of the Deathlord Icon Soul of the Deathlord and Kil'jaeden's Burning Wish Icon Kil'jaeden's Burning Wish . Basically in most situations I would take Soul of the Deathlord Icon Soul of the Deathlord . KBW however, is a very very nice stat stick and in addition does huge burst aoe damage. So as far as a raid scenario look to your personal group. How quickly are trash packs dying? Like on Harjatan, are you absolutely nuking the murlocs or are they up for some time? If your group is able to nuke them quickly then the snap dps burst from KBW is arguably better in this situation. If the adds stay up longer, than Soul is better because it makes unholy a vicious cleave machine.

so

Always Tak'theritrix's Shoulderpads Icon Tak'theritrix's ShoulderpadsSoul of the Deathlord Icon Soul of the Deathlord if fights have extended cleave or Kil'jaeden's Burning Wish Icon Kil'jaeden's Burning Wish for when the raid gets on farm and you are just nuking add packs. Sadly with further nerfs and other mechanical changes instructors fourth is now a mediocre legendary at best :(

On ‎03‎.‎07‎.‎2017 at 1:00 PM, demonardvark said:

In general you are 100% on the dot :)

So right now in most cases dark arbiter is 100% the go to build for unholy even more so if you have the tier 20 set bonus, so that being said Tak'theritrix's Shoulderpads Icon Tak'theritrix's Shoulderpads is by far your best legendary to equip.

Hey guys,

does this means you should use shoulders with DA, even you haven`t the tier20 set Bonus yet?

Thanks in advance for your help

Edited by Warcurse
Type-O

I use the soul and the wrist sometimes too. But, the chest/shoulders are the legendaries, you should aim for, BiS for st.  Already got chesty, which i use on the st fights, get sometimes nearly 10 million crits with chest.  But yeah, for most of tos progression, should be using shoulders/chest. Been going crazy with farming for shoulders myself lately.

Besides, i trust the people at the dk discord, they're usually right about these kinds of things.

Edited by Hardhill

23 hours ago, Warcurse said:

does this means you should use shoulders with DA, even you haven`t the tier20 set Bonus yet?

you only really need the 2 set to get the full benefit but as is I would say yes. They buffed DA quite a lot and also fixed her adhd problem so with DA's current dominance I would 100% be using the shoulders right now. It helps if you have CoF from nighthold but even without it you should still see just incredible dps with that combo.

18 hours ago, lethality said:

Using the shoulders seems to be a DPS loss which is kinda odd but I am unsure.

So a facet that many notice but hive mind tries to bat away, is that every sim out there is inherently flawed. Sims kind of have a hard time with DA, simcraft is decent atm because Maxweii made the strings and did a lot of work with them. Instructors fourth is a good aoe legendary so its possible with both talents from soul the extra cleave from more wounds is probably simming higher on aoe fights, but pure BIS is shoulders/chest right now for unholy at least single target. For aoe ring/wrists can do very well. Instructors is still decent it just not the magical dps gatling gun it used to be. 

6 hours ago, Hardhill said:

Besides, i trust the people at the dk discord, they're usually right about these kinds of things.

Maxweii and Veiss versa do an incredible job in the unholiest discord. 100% if Maxweii did calculations you can assume they are completely accurate. They both do incredible work and are actually really nice/cool/chill people. #notafanboy