FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
naro

how to play diablo 3 in 2017

hi guys

with the arrival of the necromancer, i decided i'd re-download the game and give it a go. The problem is that last time I played was when reaper of souls came out (and only for a few hours) and boy did things change in the meantime...

I'm completely lost with the million of different things you can do and quite frankly, I have no idea what is the most efficient way (i.e. not spend 324 hours for something which should take 10) to play, level-up and have some fun. I read the build guide on this website but I'm still not sure what to do..

First I'd like to level up to 70, is there any way to do this making more sense than others? And once level 70 is farming certain maps in torment level still a thing? Is it better to do bounties or rifts?

I'm not asking to be taken by the hand, just to be pushed in the right direction :)

thanks in advance

Edited by naro

3 hours ago, naro said:

First I'd like to level up to 70, is there any way to do this making more sense than others?

Just ask someone in the D3 chat to help you. You'll get 70 level in 30 minutes just by being around them.

3 hours ago, naro said:

And once level 70 is farming certain maps in torment level still a thing? Is it better to do bounties or rifts?

I think it's better to farm in rifts (both normal and greater). Once you'll farm good items you should complete GR20 to open T7+ difficulty.
Doing bounties is required for Kanai Cube's recipes (which you'll have to use because it's required by any build) and you can get legendary/set items from the reward chests.

Edited by Defman

Start adventure mode on hard difficulty, get follower items. Just run normal rifts to lvl 70. Then go get a cube from Ruins of Sescheron (waypoint). Then mostly rifting for legendary items for your build and you need bounties for cube materials. When season is up it's best way to make new char cuz you get free set after completing season journey. You can also rush to Skeleton King boss in campaign to get 100% 1 time drop Leoric's Crown and put ruby in it for exp bonus. Million options in D3? It's an illusion exile :p

Edited by Kaelos

And as soon as you have some equipment, greater Rifts are the most efficient thing:

You get most XP / minute

You get most Bloodshards / minute

You get most Legendary Items / minute

You can level up your Legendary Gems

In short: Nearly everything you need, you get most by doing GR.

There are just a few things you don't get in GR:

Greater Rift Keystones -> you need to do normal rifts for them.

Gold*

Crafting Materials*

* all of this you will get while doing normal rifts to farm Greater Rifts Keystones. Gold + Crafting Materials are a byproduct (if you use Boon of the Hoarder e.g. you will get tons of gold this way)

Kanais Cube Materials: The Cube has some real nice things. You need to do the Bounties to get these. IMO you shouldn't bother too much at the beginning.  (Sure, you need a few materials to cube the important items for your build, but that are just 3 - don't cube everything and spent hours of time farming materials on Torment IV or something like that!) Try to get Torment X+ ready asap, the higher the Torment Level the more Crafting Materials for the Cube you get by finishing bounties. (Obviously doing bounties requires a 4 player party. And everybody MUST be able to do bounties alone. -> way faster this way).

thanks a lot for the help guys

my necro is now level 70 with super lame gear. Next step is some normal rifts to gear up!

If you have a friend who is well equipped gearing up can be VERY fast.

Join a few Greater Rifts with him. At around GR 60, 70 he will clear the GR in the same time with you as without you. (Maybe a few seconds slower). HIs damage is that high, that he doesn't care if the enemy has more HP because of you joining him.

This way you will get TONS of XP and after the run several legendaries.

You can farm several billion XP and around 40 legendaries (even more if you do it as fast as possible, without delaying much with identifying and stuff like that) in one hour this way. And you get bloodshards which you can use to buy the one item at Kadala you need most. (e.g. if you don't have the necessary helmet -> buy helmets from her until you get it)

And as a byproduct you can even start to level up your gems.

This way you will have completed your build in absolutly no time. Obviously the items you have then won't have perfect stats (several will probably even have bad ones). But even bad stats will enable you to do GR 40+ without any problems. (JProbably GR 50+)

And as great as that sounds, there is one problem:

It will take you maybe 5 - 10 hours to get GR 40+ ready. If you are lucky with your weapon (an ancient weapon is very important) you will be at GR 60+.

And then what? You will already be able to play Torment XIII. And there isn't any difference between GR 50 or GR 80. Sure, the enemy has more HP, does more damage. But considering the gameplay? No difference at all.

Now you are in a cycle with just Rift - Greater Rift, Rift - Greater Rift, Rift - Greater Rift runs. To make your gear better, to get ancient ones, enhance those...

Just that you can play GR 80+ insteamd of GR 60+.

There won't be anything new (like in WoW with new raids and things like that)

That can become boring.

21 hours ago, WedgeAntilles said:

And then what? You will already be able to play Torment XIII. And there isn't any difference between GR 50 or GR 80. Sure, the enemy has more HP, does more damage. But considering the gameplay? No difference at all.

explane why i can do 60, but get completely destroyed at 65 :)

23 hours ago, racerboss said:

explane why i can do 60, but get completely destroyed at 65 :)

I am sorry, but I don't understand your question.

You need to post your char and maybe a replay  that we see why you don't manage GR 65.