FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Almu

BM AOE/CLEAVE LEGENDARIES

Hello all,

so I've read up on BM legendaries and I know that the best single target combo when in 4pct20 is the Parsel's Tongue and the Roar of the Seven Lions. That being said, I was wondering if anyone had done some simulations as to what the BEST AOE/CLEAVE LEGENDARY COMBOS was for bm hunter in 4pct20. I'm not looking for a personal opinion or feelings but an answer that is based on simulations.

Thank you in advance.

Do your own simulations with your own gear and legendaries and change targets from 1, to 3+ targets. It'll probably be Mantle in place of Parsel's as you'll end up with better uptime and focus management due to not weaving in cobra shot continually, and allowing you to cast multishot more freely to build up your 2pc bonus.

If you want to do your own simulations just use raidbots.com or simcraft. If you're unsure of how to do so, search how to use them on either google or YouTube and you'll find heaps of videos explaining it step by step. Generic sims won't be all that useful to you as your gear and stat balance will differ from everyone else's sims. 

• Like 1

Legendaries don't matter that much for Cleave. BM doesn't have any legendaries that increase cleave power specifically.

These are the top heroic logs on Mistress Sasszine, the most heavy AoE fight in Tomb of Sargeras. As you can see, there's people using the belt, the huntsman ring, the bracers, the shoulders, the apex ring, the neck, the legs, the boots, the trinket, the chest, even sephuz.

What does matter are talents: Dire Stable + Dire Frenzy + Blink Strikes + Volley gives you the strongest consistent cleave.

Edited by Khallid
  • Like 2

On 7/6/2017 at 9:03 AM, Khallid said:

Legendaries don't matter that much for Cleave. BM doesn't have any legendaries that increase cleave power specifically.

These are the top heroic logs on Mistress Sasszine, the most heavy AoE fight in Tomb of Sargeras. As you can see, there's people using the belt, the huntsman ring, the bracers, the shoulders, the apex ring, the neck, the legs, the boots, the trinket, the chest, even sephuz.

What does matter are talents: Dire Stable + Dire Frenzy + Blink Strikes + Volley gives you the strongest consistent cleave.

Curious how you came to that conclusion based on those logs.....looks to me like the zoo build does just as well as the DF build.  Is there anything to back your statement up?  Would be really nice if people didn't randomly say one thing is so much better than another when the logs they link don't back it.  

1 hour ago, Sephillun said:

Curious how you came to that conclusion based on those logs.....looks to me like the zoo build does just as well as the DF build.  Is there anything to back your statement up?  Would be really nice if people didn't randomly say one thing is so much better than another when the logs they link don't back it.  

The fact that on the most cleave heavy fight we still use our regular Legendaries is proof that there are not legendaries that are better for AoE fights. If there was a legendary that was better for AoE fights, the top players would find out, be using them, and we would see it in the logs. Since we don't see it in the logs, it is safe to assume that our standard top leggies are best for both single and AoE fights. All this assumes you are questioning Khallid based on this legendary statement, not the statement he made about spec seeing as how the OP wishes to discuss Legendaries. 

3 hours ago, Sephillun said:

Interesting, the top logs look a bit different from last week. People using Blink Strikes still significantly outnumber people using One With the Pack, but there are a lot more Stomps up there now.

It's hard to tell definitely, if you're stacking crit on your gear for the zoo build it's unlikely you're able to switch your entire gear at a moments notice for just one boss. My own dps went over 100k higher on Sasszine when I switched talents. You can try to sim it, but there are no 3-boss council fights in Tomb to approriately correlate to a simulation where you cleave nonstop.