FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Ripen

Subtlety Rogue 7.2.5 Trinket Usage

So, in this topic I wanted to ask you guys for any help in using Specter of Betrayal which drops from Kil'jaeden. I'm looking for tips in usage of that trinket, or considering it is a low cooldown do I use it just anywhere to boost my dps a little?

I don't have the trinket myself, but I would try to line it up with the SoD window as much as possible. Not for too long, as to not waste potential casts. The window introduces a high amount of % damage boost which also affects trinkets. Seeing as the cd is 45 sec, and the spectre stays up for 1 min. You should still be able, in a perfect world, to get every single trinket cast of inside the window. When to do it depends how the damage is calculated, if it's on cast or per tick.

On 7/5/2017 at 8:53 PM, Ripen said:

So, in this topic I wanted to ask you guys for any help in using Specter of Betrayal which drops from Kil'jaeden. I'm looking for tips in usage of that trinket, or considering it is a low cooldown do I use it just anywhere to boost my dps a little?

I'd probably use it on cooldown, but so long as you use it before the Specter disappears you should be fine. 

I don't have it so I can't really experiment with it lol

Me and my guildmates talked about this trinket and for every other Sub Rogue out there (if this isn't pretty obvious), use it when you have Symbols of Death and Shadow Dance active, because both of these spells amplify your damage done from the trinket. I possess that trinket from Kil'jaeden on Normal difficulty, so without buffs it deals around 600k damage split evenly. After Symbols and Shadow Dance it does 1 million, so definitely use it while those 2 buffs are active.