FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Stan

Community Spotlight: The Art of Ellienka

HFjwpcT.jpg

Ellienka is a 21-year-old self-taught artist and creative streamer from Czech Republic that caught our attention and we decided to devote our second community spotlight to her art.

Recently, she finished a huge painting of Deathwing that is definitely a masterpiece. We made a short interview with her and she sent us some screenshots of her latest work to give you a better idea about what she's up to!

Interview

How long have you been drawing? 

I've started drawing three years ago, but actively for the last six months. I'm a self-taught artist and never attended any drawing schools. I studied at a school of printing (graphics & printing) here in Czech Republic. I never watched any tutorials, because I wanted to come up with my own techniques and that ultimately worked out quite well. I'm using oil paints In my works of art.

My drawing is horrible. Is it possible to learn drawing without talent?

Of course it's possible, but you know how they say: "No pain, no gain". Even if you have the talent, you need to work hard to improve and get better.

How often do you stream?

I began streaming just three months ago, but now I'm streaming every day.

Are you selling your pieces somewhere?

I have an e-shop, where I sell most of my art. Both original works and copies.

Do you play any Blizzard games? If so, which one's your favorite?

I grew up playing World of Warcraft. I have been playing the game ever since it came out. It's obviously my favorite game.

Which race / class do you play?

I play mostly Blood Elves, but I fell in love with my Draenei. I love playing Holy Priests, Mages and I got to like Demon Hunters in Legion. What I don't like about Legion is the current PvP system. When I played in Wrath on a private server, I was really into PvP, but now in Legion (playing obviously on official servers), it doesn't interest me.

How do you decide what to draw next? Do you have any favorite lore characters?

The process of decision-making is entirely up to my fans and depends on what they'd like to see. My favorite character has to be the Lich King.

Deathwing looks dope! How long did it take to draw?

Deathwing took approximately 300 - 350 hours to draw and I spent more than 6 months drawing it.

Showcase

fb.jpg

Deathwing the Destroyer

19575267_1616308465078325_1986740755311048742_o.jpg

Diablo III Barbarian

Art Equipments Mock Up 05.jpg

Overwatch D.Va

IMG_3844.jpg

Tyrande Whisperwind

IMG_4031.jpg

Thrall

18839421_1581616235214215_7860989134795309552_o.jpg

Illidan

19093048_1595154277193744_6846394636694250_o.jpg

Alextrasza & Jaina

19388564_1601517929890712_7231118201314097652_o.jpg

Sindragosa, the Frost Queen

IMG_4408.jpg

• Like 1

She does a really good job copying Blizzard art (Cataclysm Deathwing, WotLK Sindragosa and HS Thrall in particular) but when it comes to some of the pictures they seem off. I mean, when I study Jaina's picture on that keyboard it looks like her neck is... deformed. Suffering from Undeath?

Her Katarina, Jinx and Ahri (South one) look good but because the pictures are quite distant, I can't really study the details... Actually, opening the picture and zooming in, I see the same kind of deformity on Katarina and Ahri's neck...? Is this just some weird texture illusion created because of the camera that took the photo?

Also the chibi Jaina on the bottom also hella cute. (Her hat especially, looks like it could block her vision at any time causing her to pyroblast herself.

• Like 1

On ‎7‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 0:38 AM, Yridaa said:

She does a really good job copying Blizzard art (Cataclysm Deathwing, WotLK Sindragosa and HS Thrall in particular) but when it comes to some of the pictures they seem off. I mean, when I study Jaina's picture on that keyboard it looks like her neck is... deformed. Suffering from Undeath?

Her Katarina, Jinx and Ahri (South one) look good but because the pictures are quite distant, I can't really study the details... Actually, opening the picture and zooming in, I see the same kind of deformity on Katarina and Ahri's neck...? Is this just some weird texture illusion created because of the camera that took the photo?

Also the chibi Jaina on the bottom also hella cute. (Her hat especially, looks like it could block her vision at any time causing her to pyroblast herself.

I agree with you on Jaina.  I am not an art critic but yes, her neck does look strange.  Man, that Illidan though...