FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
MrEdren

Sin, Sub and Tier

As always, this is more of a 'collect opinions' question than a 'what does math say' one.  Assume reference setup is t20 chest/shoulder/glove/leg, t19 head/cape,  165%/5%/11%/24% mastery/haste/vers/crit, convergence and lego boots/3 vendetta relics equipped.

• At what point would you say it's time to say adios to the t19 2pc bonus?  We'll assume 885-895 t19 pieces for this.
  • Assuming you can't use the shoulders due to the tier slot, what would you use (given all options) instead of Zoldyck's?  I've been highly unimpressed with its performance in ToS so far.  Empty Crown?  Class ring?

11 minutes ago, MrEdren said:

As always, this is more of a 'collect opinions' question than a 'what does math say' one.  Assume reference setup is t20 chest/shoulder/glove/leg, t19 head/cape,  165%/5%/11%/24% mastery/haste/vers/crit, convergence and lego boots/3 vendetta relics equipped.

• At what point would you say it's time to say adios to the t19 2pc bonus?  We'll assume 885-895 t19 pieces for this.
  • Assuming you can't use the shoulders due to the tier slot, what would you use (given all options) instead of Zoldyck's?  I've been highly unimpressed with its performance in ToS so far.  Empty Crown?  Class ring?

The Sin t19 isn't great, so feel free to ditch it when you get higher ilevel upgrades imo. You should also be looking to swap the t20 shoulders out ASAP for the legendary ones.

As for the Bracers, they're really good imo. Statistically nearly every top parse is using them - remember that they offer very little benefit on wipes and that your damage for progression will look pretty bad with them because you aren't spending much time with the boss at low hp.

I think that any combination of Mantle/Bracers/Boots is going to be the best, but I guess the Crown is probably next best? Both Rings are pretty bad, the Trinket and  Cape are so situational, Belt is pretty lame overall unless you're using Mantle and even then is so-so... Am I forgetting one?

1 hour ago, Carrn said:

The Sin t19 isn't great, so feel free to ditch it when you get higher ilevel upgrades imo. You should also be looking to swap the t20 shoulders out ASAP for the legendary ones.

As for the Bracers, they're really good imo. Statistically nearly every top parse is using them - remember that they offer very little benefit on wipes and that your damage for progression will look pretty bad with them because you aren't spending much time with the boss at low hp.

I think that any combination of Mantle/Bracers/Boots is going to be the best, but I guess the Crown is probably next best? Both Rings are pretty bad, the Trinket and  Cape are so situational, Belt is pretty lame overall unless you're using Mantle and even then is so-so... Am I forgetting one?

That pretty much covers it.  I actually do have the mantle, just not using it at the moment to maintain the 4pc - I'll be switching back to it when I get the helm, or when I just go sub instead since I have the bracers/boots as well. 

Bracers are just running poor because we either aren't getting to 35 or are blowing through it so fast the damage doesn't have time to ramp up  

Thanks!

Edited by MrEdren

6 hours ago, Carrn said:

What about just going 2pc t20 and swapping the mantle back in (and switching back to nightstalker) - at least until I finish off the t20 set? The reduced garrotte cd would still be... nice... I guess? 

2 hours ago, MrEdren said:

What about just going 2pc t20 and swapping the mantle back in (and switching back to nightstalker) - at least until I finish off the t20 set? The reduced garrotte cd would still be... nice... I guess? 

Only useful in multitarget situations or when running Exsang, neither of which seem to be the better picks. High Mastery gear lends itself to playing an Envenom heavy build

10 minutes ago, Carrn said:

Only useful in multitarget situations or when running Exsang, neither of which seem to be the better picks. High Mastery gear lends itself to playing an Envenom heavy build

So basically go 4pc or don't bother.