FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Denunzio11

Ring/Stomp Build

Maybe too little info for this question but here goes.  I currently run the Dire Frenzy/Bestial Fury build (4/4 T19, 0/4 T20) with Mantle and Roar and 26% Crit/18 Haste/85 Mastery at ilvl 903.  The ring (Soul of the Huntmaster) just dropped.  I will try to run sims with all the available crit gear I have in the bank but ...as a quick thought... do you think I would see a measurable difference running with the Ring and the Stomp/Crit build?  If so, what should I pair with it, Shoulders or Belt or something else...(I have all but Parsels)?

Thanks much for your thoughts.

It'd be good, maybe not a massive difference until you can get t20 4pc and hang onto t19 2pc, that's when it shines through. But you'll definitely want to drop that mastery for a lot of crit. 

Use the Gear Compare function on raidbots.com and select a couple of different setups wth your available gear as well as the gear you would want from TOS. Ideally you want t19 legs / gloves over 900 ilvl, but shoulders would also work; you just want as much gear with the right stats to keep your crit above 35%. However, at the end of the day whatever item you can get at the highest ilvl will be what makes the difference. 

The ring starts to overcome the shoulders as soon as you wear 3 set bonuses. However, you don't really need to switch to the stomp build for that, since your stats are better optimized for the dire frenzy build. I've been running with the huntsman ring recently using DIre Frenzy and Blink Strikes. Sims say my dps dropped by about 40k on single target, but I still get excellent parses on raid bosses and do about 200k more damage on 4-target AoE, plus the opener is stronger with this build, so it works a lot better for dungeons.

What pieces of tier 19 to keep depends on what items you've got, so there's not much to recommend there without you telling us what tier 19 pieces you have and their item levels. Normally the cloak is the best to keep because it's the lowest value item, and you pair it with whatever highest ilvl you got. It can also be hard to get the tier 20 pieces you want, depending on your guild's loot system.

• Like 1

Thanks to you both for the replies.  I never thought about using the ring like that for Mythic+s...great idea.  To answer the question, my tier 19 pieces are pretty poor really as far as ilvl goes... 875 Head, 880 Cloak, 890 Chest, 880 Gauntlets, 885 Shoulders, 885 Legs.  With the way my gear breaks down, the best simming combo I have right now is Chest, Gauntlets, Head and Cloak (With the Shoulders and Belt as Legendaries that is).

Cheers.

Hmmmm, your ilvls are all Normal warforged (except maybe the chest), so I'm going to assume that your guild isn't very far in heroic Tomb of Sargeras progress at the moment. That means that realistically, you'll be rolling for 900 ilvl Normal tier 20 gear.

It almost doesn't matter what you roll for right now, because every tier 20 piece is an upgrade for you and you have all tier 19 pieces at about the same level to switch them around. The only outlier is the helm, so make sure to roll the tier 20 helm.

Edited by Khallid
  • Like 1