positiv2

Trag'Oul Skeletal Mages Necromancer

Sign in to follow this  

13 posts in this topic

This thread is for comments about our Trag'Oul Skeletal Mages Necromancer Build Guide.

It appears that Scythe of the Cycle, which is recommended here for the weapon slot in Kanai's Cube for endgame pushing, doesn't boost Blood Mages. At least, it doesn't consume any duration of Bone Armour, and I don't think I was getting the damage bonus, which should be pretty noticeable. Does anybody have any idea what would be a good replacement?

31 minutes ago, Guest zombamafoo said:

It appears that Scythe of the Cycle, which is recommended here for the weapon slot in Kanai's Cube for endgame pushing, doesn't boost Blood Mages. At least, it doesn't consume any duration of Bone Armour, and I don't think I was getting the damage bonus, which should be pretty noticeable. Does anybody have any idea what would be a good replacement?

Maybe try reverting to In-geomIn-geom and see how it works out for you.

Can someone explain the pieces in this build? Gold doesn't drop in Greater Rifts, so why would you take Goldwrap/Avarice Band/Boon of the Hoarder?

On 7/17/2017 at 5:45 AM, ZenGen said:

Can someone explain the pieces in this build? Gold doesn't drop in Greater Rifts, so why would you take Goldwrap/Avarice Band/Boon of the Hoarder?

As I understand the guide, that combo of belt/gem/ring is the speedfarming variation. the GR pushing build changes those items out as noted here: https://www.icy-veins.com/d3/trag-oul-blood-mages-necromancer-solo-progression-variation

On 7/15/2017 at 7:10 AM, Guest zombamafoo said:

Scythe of the Cycle certainly does work with blood mages. Each cast reduces bone armor's duration and the damage boost is immense.

Just to clear up some of the confusion, the default recommended build is the regular Rift speedfarming one (thus the Goldwrap / Avarice Band / Boon of the Hoarder recommendations). While this build can push into 90+ GRs (evident from the video) and has a dedicated variation page for the pushing spec, it shines in speed farming.

Been playing a version of this up to paragon 650 now on hardcore and so far cleared a GR70 solo but it's rough going above this without an arsenal of ancients augmented honestly. I know the build is labelled "Mid tier" and it's an amazing speedfarm variation but stubborn as I am I'm trying to push on (Already died once).

The solo variation is removing Blood Rush which I feel is super scary on hardcore since it feels like you'll be nearly oneshotted anyone even granting the addition of Decrepify when you go up at GR80 but so far the Necro does seem to suffer from the same thing, pet builds having a very rough time having mobility while retaining decent damage reduction so it's a triad where you can only get 2/3 and you choose what to sacrifice more or less.

Almost feels like an impossible choice with Trag'Oul set to either lose DecrepifyDecrepify or Blood RushBlood Rush

Edited by Arkpit

Where would the Final Service (cheat death) Passive fit in the Solo Progression variant of Trag'Oul Blood Mages Necromancer for patch 2.6.1 and Season 12?

Thanks in advance, your guides are always very helpful.

6 hours ago, Guest Danny said:

Where would the Final Service (cheat death) Passive fit in the Solo Progression variant of Trag'Oul Blood Mages Necromancer for patch 2.6.1 and Season 12?

Thanks in advance, your guides are always very helpful.

If you feel like you need more defensiveness, swapping Spreading MaledictionSpreading Malediction out sounds reasonable imo.

thanks for the guide, very helpful. can you explain how "land of the dead" actually works? with this build, what is a "corpse skill", other than devour? it is simply used to spam devour so you can get max essence?

7 hours ago, Guest wutty said:

thanks for the guide, very helpful. can you explain how "land of the dead" actually works? with this build, what is a "corpse skill", other than devour? it is simply used to spam devour so you can get max essence?

Yes, it should be used as fuel for DevourDevour in case you run out of Essence. In-geomIn-geom should let you use Land of the DeadLand of the Dead more often, giving you a huge Essence back-up.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this