FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
positiv2

Trag'Oul Skeletal Mages Necromancer

Guest zombamafoo

It appears that Scythe of the Cycle, which is recommended here for the weapon slot in Kanai's Cube for endgame pushing, doesn't boost Blood Mages. At least, it doesn't consume any duration of Bone Armour, and I don't think I was getting the damage bonus, which should be pretty noticeable. Does anybody have any idea what would be a good replacement?

31 minutes ago, Guest zombamafoo said:

It appears that Scythe of the Cycle, which is recommended here for the weapon slot in Kanai's Cube for endgame pushing, doesn't boost Blood Mages. At least, it doesn't consume any duration of Bone Armour, and I don't think I was getting the damage bonus, which should be pretty noticeable. Does anybody have any idea what would be a good replacement?

Maybe try reverting to In-geomIn-geom and see how it works out for you.

Can someone explain the pieces in this build? Gold doesn't drop in Greater Rifts, so why would you take Goldwrap/Avarice Band/Boon of the Hoarder?

Rare Patron
On 7/17/2017 at 5:45 AM, ZenGen said:

Can someone explain the pieces in this build? Gold doesn't drop in Greater Rifts, so why would you take Goldwrap/Avarice Band/Boon of the Hoarder?

As I understand the guide, that combo of belt/gem/ring is the speedfarming variation. the GR pushing build changes those items out as noted here: https://www.icy-veins.com/d3/trag-oul-blood-mages-necromancer-solo-progression-variation

On 7/15/2017 at 7:10 AM, Guest zombamafoo said:

Scythe of the Cycle certainly does work with blood mages. Each cast reduces bone armor's duration and the damage boost is immense.

Just to clear up some of the confusion, the default recommended build is the regular Rift speedfarming one (thus the Goldwrap / Avarice Band / Boon of the Hoarder recommendations). While this build can push into 90+ GRs (evident from the video) and has a dedicated variation page for the pushing spec, it shines in speed farming.

Been playing a version of this up to paragon 650 now on hardcore and so far cleared a GR70 solo but it's rough going above this without an arsenal of ancients augmented honestly. I know the build is labelled "Mid tier" and it's an amazing speedfarm variation but stubborn as I am I'm trying to push on (Already died once).

The solo variation is removing Blood Rush which I feel is super scary on hardcore since it feels like you'll be nearly oneshotted anyone even granting the addition of Decrepify when you go up at GR80 but so far the Necro does seem to suffer from the same thing, pet builds having a very rough time having mobility while retaining decent damage reduction so it's a triad where you can only get 2/3 and you choose what to sacrifice more or less.

Almost feels like an impossible choice with Trag'Oul set to either lose DecrepifyDecrepify or Blood RushBlood Rush

Edited by Arkpit

Guest Danny

Where would the Final Service (cheat death) Passive fit in the Solo Progression variant of Trag'Oul Blood Mages Necromancer for patch 2.6.1 and Season 12?

Thanks in advance, your guides are always very helpful.

6 hours ago, Guest Danny said:

Where would the Final Service (cheat death) Passive fit in the Solo Progression variant of Trag'Oul Blood Mages Necromancer for patch 2.6.1 and Season 12?

Thanks in advance, your guides are always very helpful.

If you feel like you need more defensiveness, swapping Spreading MaledictionSpreading Malediction out sounds reasonable imo.

Guest wutty

thanks for the guide, very helpful. can you explain how "land of the dead" actually works? with this build, what is a "corpse skill", other than devour? it is simply used to spam devour so you can get max essence?

7 hours ago, Guest wutty said:

thanks for the guide, very helpful. can you explain how "land of the dead" actually works? with this build, what is a "corpse skill", other than devour? it is simply used to spam devour so you can get max essence?

Yes, it should be used as fuel for DevourDevour in case you run out of Essence. In-geomIn-geom should let you use Land of the DeadLand of the Dead more often, giving you a huge Essence back-up.

Guest Chronoglider

Can anyone explain the point of Blood for Blood here when the Blood Rush health cost is zero due to the 2 pieces set bonus?  

22 hours ago, Guest Chronoglider said:

Can anyone explain the point of Blood for Blood here when the Blood Rush health cost is zero due to the 2 pieces set bonus?  

It is to remove the HP cost when casting your Skeletal MageSkeletal MageLife SupportLife Support but personally I don't find it a big deal and replaced it with Final ServiceFinal Service since I play HC.

The build is a little outdated though if you want to do more than speedfarming since the Rathma variation with Singularity is much better in this patch.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Neptune
      Alright my first build... Here we go!
      Now Necromancers aren't my 'main' classes but i play with them and im pretty good with them. And i come up with a build that is a bit boring, but ultra powerful, so lets begin!
      1. Primary Attack, Primary attack should be bone spikes with the rune: Path of bones or Blood spikes. Why? Blood spikes are for people that lose health really quickly, and the blood spikes allow you to heal over the bleeding enemies you hit. Path of bones on the other hand is for people who have a lot of enemies in your way. Or you can have no rune, which i mildly recommend for people who are already strong just want to be a bit stronger :))
      2. Secondary Attack. Should be Bone spear with the rune: Teeth or Blighted Marrow. Teeth is the one that i recommend for most people to use, why? Teeth fires more bone spears trough enemies, of course it deals not much damage but it damages more enemies. Plus, you can get an achievement for killing 40 enemies with bone spear within 3 seconds. Bligthed Marrow is for people that like to stay behind their minions and just fire their bone spear trough enemies. I call this build the lazy one. 
      3. Corpses. Should be using Corpse Lance with the rune: Ricochet. Why? Ricochet allows you to have an chance to hit one more bonus enemy when you attack the first one. Which is pretty good.
      4. Reanimation. Should be Command Skeletons with the rune: Kill Command,Frenzy and Dark Mending. Kill command is for people who are confident without their minions and want ther minions do yeet themself to enemies and kill them in one shot. Frenzy is the one that i recommend the most, this will allow you to command your skeletons to gain attack speed (which means more damage to the enemy) and it's just really that powerful. And Dark Mending is the last one. Dark mending is for people who lose health pretty quickly and want their minions to heal them.
      5. Curses. Either Frailty or Leech. Frailty is for people who want their minions to deal much bigger damage with the rune: Scent of Blood. Why? Scent of blood will allow your minions to attack 15% increased damage, which is really helpful if you want your minions to do the job and not you. Leech is for people that lose a lot or a bit of health. With the rune Sanguine End. Cause it will allow you to heal 200% for the enemies that die.
      6. Blood and Bone. This should be RIGHT OF THE BACK bone spirit with the rune: Poltergeist. Why? Bone spirit is powerful as heck and you should use it immediately when you get it. The rune Poltergeist will allow you to have 4 bone spirit, which means EVEN MORE DAMAGE THEN BEFORE HAHA.
      7. Passive skills. I recommend: Overwhelming Essence for people that want more Essence and use a lot of Essence now and then. Spreading Malediction is for people that want their curses to deal a lot more damage, well not much but 1% increased damage is at least okay. Serration is also a really good passive skill, Serration is for people that like to stay behind while their minions do their business and you like to stay behind and just shoot bone spikes at them. And finally Aberrant Animator. For people that like to increase the thorns damage for their minions
      And that's it! Took me a lot of time, and some repilies and thanks would be appreciated. And yeah, hope you are good with your necromancer now!
      OH sorry if the text is black! I didn't realize that it would be hard to read on my post, cause when i m editing it looks white so... sorry :((
    • By Stan
      Wudijo scored the world's fastest Solo Greater Rift 150 in time in Season 21 with his Demon Hunter after 5,500 used keys and weeks of attempts. Congrats!
      UPDATE: This is currently the world's second clear of Solo GR150, not world first as we thought, we apologize for the confusion!
      Placeholder for tweet 1289929742800449540   The player completed the rift and killed the Infernal Maiden with 1 minute and 4 seconds remaining on the timer.

Here are the final moments of the run!
      (Source)
    • By Starym
      It's time for some more weirdness as Wudijo is trying some crazy stuff! So how can someone get from level 1 to 70 in 5 seconds you might ask? Well it's easy! You just need 8 hours of torment 16 bounty farming, 1 crash where you almost lose 341 bounty caches on the ground, Custerian Wristguards and Avarice Band! But after that it's only 5 seconds of picking up all the gold and getting a whole lot of XP through the bracers! Enjoy:
    • By Starym
      The criticism of Season 21 continues, as the recent hotfixes didn't make players too happy (nor did the comment that certain abuses of the seasonal power are intended) and we have a couple of blue posts responding to player dissatisfaction. A lot of players have suggested simply removing the power and either resetting the season with a reworked one, or just cancelling the season entirely, but as you'd expect, that's just not going to happen:
      "Canning" the Season (source)
      I think this is legitimate feedback that the team is really well aware of with this and past seasons having similar mechanics and similar fanfare. I will say that I don't think the idea of canning a theme will ever be in the mix but can look at ways of making it better or doing something else. But luckily that wasn't the only response given, as it seems Blizzard are aware that this season power is not the best and is very controversial, which is why they are thinking of adding an additional mid-season buff/effect, similar to last season's double goblins:
      Mid-season Extra Effect (source)
      We don't plan on canning but maybe a mid-season thing similar to last season may be a good thing to incorporate. Will stew on it with others. So hopefully we'll get something nice as a kind of compensation for the lackluster (to say the least) seasonal power, and since last season got double goblins, which were the first ever seasonal theme back in S14, it's perhaps possible that we might get a free Ring of Royal Grandeur effect, as that was the very next season's theme!
    • By Starym
      After the hotfixes, we now got further explanation on the exploit-like side of the issues with the seasonal power. One of the hotfixes prevented solo players from stacking up kills outside a Greater Rift and then procing it inside, but the other method players are using/abusing to get the most of the seasonal theme is apparently ok. Here's a quick explanation on what's actually happening by our own guide writer Impakt:
      And here's the blue post confirming that that behavior is fine, and the final part especially seeming to indicate that this is the "meta" way for groups to use the seasonal power.
      Seasonal Power in Groups (source)
      Per the design from the design team, the seasonal buff being passed around in groups is working as intended.
      As noted in the hotfix items that Rich posted, the idea that you can grab stacks alone outside a GR to take them in and clear things correctly is not.
      Season metas will change with each season.