FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Phogic

What stat % should i aim for as Sub?

I just recently got back into WoW again and been working on gearing myself. I've been following stat guides for Subtlety that tell me to get mostly mastery and i did, however im wondering when do i want to focus on other stuff? I currently have 105% Mastery, 23% Crit, 10% Vers. Through different gear and gems i can drop my mastery to invest on other stats, should i, however?

Im ilvl 883 and just been having alot of trouble with replacing gear because i dont know when it is enough.

On 7/8/2017 at 9:44 AM, Phogic said:

I just recently got back into WoW again and been working on gearing myself. I've been following stat guides for Subtlety that tell me to get mostly mastery and i did, however im wondering when do i want to focus on other stuff? I currently have 105% Mastery, 23% Crit, 10% Vers. Through different gear and gems i can drop my mastery to invest on other stats, should i, however?

Im ilvl 883 and just been having alot of trouble with replacing gear because i dont know when it is enough.

Stat %s don't matter

What you'll want to do is Sim your character to determine which stats are most beneficial at this time, and get gear which matches those needs. In most cases, the higher ilevel pieces will be upgrades, since Agility will nearly always be the most important one for you to get.

There's a really nice guide to how to Sim yourself here, you should have a read through it 

Hi guys,

have a similar question here. When I'm simcrafting my rogue (no matter whether sub or sin) simcraft tells me crit is my second best stat. This seems to be quite wrong. Here's the pawn string i get after simming:

Class=Rogue, Spec=Assassination, Agility=21.81, CritRating=20.98, HasteRating=11.35, MasteryRating=21.18, Versatility=18.38

Can anyone explain that to me? Or am i just simcrafting the wrong way?

On 15.7.2017 at 3:58 PM, Greyhound said:

Hi guys,

have a similar question here. When I'm simcrafting my rogue (no matter whether sub or sin) simcraft tells me crit is my second best stat. This seems to be quite wrong. Here's the pawn string i get after simming:

Class=Rogue, Spec=Assassination, Agility=21.81, CritRating=20.98, HasteRating=11.35, MasteryRating=21.18, Versatility=18.38

It is probably not wrong, it could be that your crit is low, while your mastery and versatility is at a high enough point that getting more crit will be a bigger increase in damage.

On 7/15/2017 at 9:58 AM, Greyhound said:

Hi guys,

Mastery is above Crit, that's not too surprising. As the other user said, you probably just have a lot of Vers at the moment and not much Crit. 

On 23.7.2017 at 6:18 PM, Carrn said:

Mastery is above Crit, that's not too surprising. As the other user said, you probably just have a lot of Vers at the moment and not much Crit. 

Well i have currently 6925 crit rating which results in 27,31%. Other sin rogues seem to have half that much crit rating (on warcraftlogs.com). But much more mastery, haste and versatility. So i'm very confused and wondering if simulationcraft gives me a correct stat priority.

Edit: arsenal link: https://worldofwarcraft.com/de-de/character/blackhand/anothermelee

Current pawn string: Class=Rogue, Spec=Assassination, Agility=21.87, CritRating=20.90, HasteRating=11.77, MasteryRating=21.27, Versatility=18.50

Edited by Greyhound

On 7/26/2017 at 6:10 AM, Greyhound said:

Well i have currently 6925 crit rating which results in 27,31%. Other sin rogues seem to have half that much crit rating (on warcraftlogs.com). But much more mastery, haste and versatility. So i'm very confused and wondering if simulationcraft gives me a correct stat priority.

Edit: arsenal link: https://worldofwarcraft.com/de-de/character/blackhand/anothermelee

Current pawn string: Class=Rogue, Spec=Assassination, Agility=21.87, CritRating=20.90, HasteRating=11.77, MasteryRating=21.27, Versatility=18.50

Just make sure you're using the correct version of SimC.

I would say around 30-35% crit is common, if not even a little higher. You'll see lots of Rogues with 8k or more Crit, I'd be SHOCKED to see a well geared / high parsing Rogue running with 3500 (half of what you say you're using)