FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Fuggly

Help with Crit/Stomp DPS

Hey guys, I need some help. I've been struggling with my hunter in raids compared to other hunters or other DPS for that matter. Can someone take a look at my gear/logs and give me some pointers on what I might be doing wrong? I believe I have the stats and gear to do well with the crit/stomp build minus the legendary belt but I find myself starving for focus a lot during fights and when that happens I drop to the bottom.

I just need someone to take a look and give me some pointers on what I'm doing wrong or if I just need to quit and DIAF.

Thanks

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/thrall/fugglÿ

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/nPrJ8cmG2Zpwqxz6#fight=2&view=analytical&type=summary&source=18

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/nPrJ8cmG2Zpwqxz6#fight=25&type=summary&view=analytical&source=18

What other legendaries do you have? The only thing i can tell from the logs is that you are missing an Augment Rune, multishotted twice on a fight where it isnt needed, and your titans thunder damage seems low to me, but i am not that great at comparing logs. 

Yeah don't use the legendary helm.

It's true that the legendary belt would help you a lot, but I would expect higher dps from 918 ilvl. Your crit is very high, so you shouldn't have that many focus problems. Just use Dire Beast as soon as it comes off cooldown.

You are definitely doing something very wrong with Aspect of The WIld, but it's not obvious exactly how. You have the legendary bracers and Convergence of Fates equipped, and yet the logs say you used Aspect of the Wild every 2 minutes or so, which is the normal cooldown time. You should have twice as many casts, at least. Since you're effectively wasting the effect of a legendary and a trinket, this is a significant dps loss.

Edit: Oh wait, you were wearing Fury of the Burning Sky in those logs (why?). The Aspects of the Wild should still come sooner with just the legendary bracers (every minute and a half, not two minutes), but that trinket is just trash for BM.

Gear is not really an issue as far as I can tell, although what other trinkets do you have? Terror from Below is very unreliable. I have a 920 version of it and I find it sucks.

Edited by Khallid

5 hours ago, Khallid said:

Yeah don't use the legendary helm.

It's true that the legendary belt would help you a lot, but I would expect higher dps from 918 ilvl. Your crit is very high, so you shouldn't have that many focus problems. Just use Dire Beast as soon as it comes off cooldown.

You are definitely doing something very wrong with Aspect of The WIld, but it's not obvious exactly how. You have the legendary bracers and Convergence of Fates equipped, and yet the logs say you used Aspect of the Wild every 2 minutes or so, which is the normal cooldown time. You should have twice as many casts, at least. Since you're effectively wasting the effect of a legendary and a trinket, this is a significant dps loss.

Edit: Oh wait, you were wearing Fury of the Burning Sky in those logs (why?). The Aspects of the Wild should still come sooner with just the legendary bracers (every minute and a half, not two minutes), but that trinket is just trash for BM.

Gear is not really an issue as far as I can tell, although what other trinkets do you have? Terror from Below is very unreliable. I have a 920 version of it and I find it sucks.

I made some changes a few hours after I post this morning. I had AoTW on a macro with a few other things. I took it off and I'll cast it by itself from now on. I shouldn't use Terror from below? The others I have right now are Convergence of Fate and Cradle of Anguish. I'll switch those out and see what that does.