Zakalwei

Help me hit things better!

3 posts in this topic

Hi all,

I've recently come back to my Warrior and have gone the Fury route. Over the last couple of weeks I've managed to scrape together some gear and AP to where I can raid again.

I think I've got the basics down but my DPS seems quite rubbish :( Is someone able to give me some pointers to work on please? I've only just gotten my 2PC last night so this may help somewhat, unfortunately I don't have a CoF and not sure I'll get one given everyone is focusing on ToS now.

Armory is here: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/khazgoroth/euthenize

Logs: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/h4gzjHAvK7PfxWcr

Starting to learn the fights better now, but one thing that immediately jumped out at me is my terrible enrage uptime? Is this the source of my woes?

I looked primarily at Goroth because that's as close to a Patchwerk style fight you can get. Here are some of my observations:

Overall, it looks like you're playing it pretty well. You said that your enrage uptime is terrible and it could be better, but honestly it's not awful. You also, on average, cast raging blow before bloodthirst (which is fine if you're already enraged) but you might see some better dps if you swap those two. For example, one of the times you charge in after infernal burning the first ability you cast is raging blow and then you follow up with BT and furious slash. BT first if you're not enraged then raging blow. Otherwise, you're missing out on dps.

Your BC window needs a little work. Fury relies pretty heavily on the damage done in battle cry. For your opener, you cast your BC macro, rampage, RB, BT, furious slash, Odyn's Fury, RB, and then Rampage right as it ends. That FS is a wasted GCD because it does very low damage. Instead, if your opener is Rampage, RB, BT, OF, RB, you can get your last BT in with enough haste to extend your enrage until you have frothing berserker for rampage. It also puts more of your Odyn's Fury in the battle cry window.

You're using Umbral Moonglaives which is an awesome trinket, but you're using it at the start of your BC window. Since the trinket lasts for 8 seconds and BC lasts for 7, the final big damage burst of umbral is not critting. Use Umbral on the GCD before you pop your BC macro so that the burst is at the end of battle cry instead of after it.

You used a potion of old war right before execute phase. I'm fairly certain it's kind of wasted at that point in time because Old war doesn't sync with execute spamming. It's better to use old war when you're going into a normal burst BC window. (That may just be the case with arms, with which I'm most familiar.)

In execute phase stop casting rampage. Dump your rage into execute as BC is coming up, then pop battle cry and dump all your rage again into execute while using BT to keep up enrage for huge burst windows.

You did a good job not letting your juggernaut stacks fall off. Most of your CDs seemed pretty well used. Just tune up some of the rotation, work on your execute phase and BC window, and you'll probably see a DPS jump.

Edited by ripmacestun

Thanks for the input! I actually jumped into the Warrior discord and found the same mistake with my opener too. Now it will be BT then glaives then my macro leading in to my BC rotation.

Good to know its just some tweaking....which I figured but coming from my lock where I could get some consistent damage its quite depressing!

Most of this last week has been UI changes just so I can track things better and everything is laid out clearly. I am impatient though and also want to contribute to the raid. I'll spend some time bashing the dummies to get that muscle memory up!!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now