FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Karayan7

Caverns below nerfed...what about Fire Plume's Heart???

Hello there everyone!

It's a lot of time i have been wondering this...How is it possible to win against a quest Warrior?To be honest, i have won against almost every possible quest deck but only the quest warrior is impossible to subdue with any deck i try.I am surely no pro player and i don't have the super decks to begin with but it's kind of unnerving to battle always against Q.W. and lose...My opinion is that it's too easy to win with a deck like that,almost just as easy it was with the Caverns quest before the nerf. Should Blizzard maybe consider nerfing also Fire Plume's Heart?I would really appreciate some feedback from the comunity!Thank you all!!!

Hello there.

What decks are you using because that can be some of the problem you are facing. Decks like Midrange Paladin,  Jade Druid, Midrange Hunter, and Secret Mage all have positive winrates against Quest Warrior and I actually had a positive Winrate one month against it with my Control Priest so what you use can help. I will admit the deck can be hard to maneuver against at times but it's not unbeatable.  

• Like 1

For one, caverns decks were very hard to play.  I hated that deck, but I also hate perpetuating mis-information.  Quest warrior, however, is a fairly easy deck to pilot, and does very well into most aggressive matches, but it loses out pretty hard to most control and mid rangy decks, paladin in particular has a good match up into it, both control and mid range, you can heavily out value warriors with your hero power, and they have a hard time sticking a lot of damage due to silver hand recruits eating up a lot of 8 damage button pushes.  Gunther mage has a surprisingly good match up into it, you can burn them out if they replace their hero power with die insect, and if they don't you can heavily out value them, mediv being the mvp in that style of play.  It is almost impossible to lose the match up if you are playing miracle rogue, the only way you lose is basically getting turbo quested and burned out really early.  Jade druid is in the same boat as miracle rogue, unless they burn you out with a turbo quest, you shouldn't really be able to lose.  Really the only things you don't want to play into it are aggressive decks of any flavor or priest and freeze mage.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Dustintime said:

IMO, the warriors that run mostly taunt but aren't quest are tougher than the actual quest builds.

Do you mean Control Warrior? :P 

I have faced quest warriors mostly with quest rogue, aggro murloc paladin and mage (secret and freeze).Now I will try using the other decks you suggested.Thanks for the help people!

On 7/15/2017 at 4:20 PM, KingMe said:

Hello there.

What decks are you using because that can be some of the problem you are facing. Decks like Midrange Paladin,  Jade Druid, Midrange Hunter, and Secret Mage all have positive winrates against Quest Warrior and I actually had a positive Winrate one month against it with my Control Priest so what you use can help. I will admit the deck can be hard to maneuver against at times but it's not unbeatable.  

I agree with this.  I play a Quest Warrior deck.  While it is one of my stronger decks, it is definitely not dominant.  Also faced it using different decks and was able to win, sometimes easily and sometimes not.  I'm certainly not one of the people with every legendary card at my disposal either.  It just takes patience and the right card combos.  You'll get bad match-ups from time depending on what deck you use, that happens to everyone and every deck.  If you see Quest Warrior enough, you'll figure out how to handle it.