Crit

Mastery

Agi

Vers

why is it now saying to me that haste and crit are top

when it was mastery haste crit

im lost can some one help

also i have 880 Unstable Arcanocrystal 

It's the same as BM has always been, very similar in terms of stat weights. It just means that with your current stat weights you might value some more haste and some crit. Just update your pawn string and find items off that - don't go racing to swap out other items for ones in your bank though, just focus on that string for your next upgrades.

Because stats are not additive. They never have been and never will. 

Stat weights is a mathemathic simplification for lay people. Stat weights that tells you how valuable your stats are at their current value. But because each stat multiplies each other, stacking too much of the same stat leads to diminishing returns, so the rest of the stats rise in value while the one you're stacking decreases in value.

Or in simple terms, once your mastery is high enough, it stops being the best stat. But don't go switching gear right away. If you drop your mastery the rest of the stat weights will drop in favor of mastery.

Edited by Khallid
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Khallid said:

Because stats are not additive. They never have been and never will. 

Stat weights is a mathemathic simplification for lay people. Stat weights that tells you how valuable your stats are at their current value. But because each stat multiplies each other, stacking too much of the same stat leads to diminishing returns, so the rest of the stats rise in value while the one you're stacking decreases in value.

Or in simple terms, once your mastery is high enough, it stops being the best stat. But don't go switching gear right away. If you drop your mastery the rest of the stat weights will drop in favor of mastery.

What Khallid said. It's all relative and about balance. Yes mastery is still the best but say you need 1000 mastery for 1% more damage whereas 1000 points in Haste or Crit will add more than 1% damage. Because of your stat ratios, the sims try to figure out if you add 1 stat point to each stat, which one will increase your damage output the most and that is why the weights constantly change. Yes mastery is good, but at this point (pun intended) you will get more bang for your buck (dps per stat increase) following your sim. As soon as you get your next upgrade, you will need to redo it as the ratios, and thus stat weights, will change.

21 hours ago, casperhoward19 said:

also i have 880 Unstable Arcanocrystal 

dire frenzy is over siming compared to actual logs. you have 4 teir 20 and a 880 arcano....you need to get two tier 19 (preferably mythic version) and change your chest leggo to neck/sephuz/huntermaster/bracers and get better crit rings.....ideally you want one of the tier 19 to be the cloak cause of itemization weights (cloak always has less stats on it)

There are no hunters in top parses performing well with dire frenzy build. All top mythic BM hunters are running 2 tier 19, 4 tier 20 belt +neck/ring/bracer (<--depends on yar gear choice) and two good trinkets. 880 arcano is one of the best and appears in a lot in top parses.

The goal for all hunters at the moment until something changes is to go this route. Personally, i am stuck with dire frenzy until i get 3 more tier parts (pants, shoulders, gloves). 

Edited by Banard