5.Haste.

On the 'stats priority' page for this class, it says:

The stat priority for an Arcane Mage is:
1.Versatility;
2.Critical Strike;
3.Haste;
4.Intellect;
5.Mastery.

So, which is it? (can't be both) Seems to me that depending on where a person stops (or starts) reading, they could really screw their build up. Frankly, I found it hard to believe that versatility, crit, AND haste were all being prioritized higher than intellect in the second example.

Additionally, does anyone have any credible opinion about the accuracy of 'Pawn' for gear examination and upgrade recommendations?

Edited by Laslo

I'm also wondering about this. Worth mentioning that Noxxic lists stat priority as Intellect > Mastery > Crit > Versatility > Haste.

I'm no sim expert but it would make sense to me that 

On 7/17/2017 at 5:23 PM, Laslo said:

1.Versatility;
2.Critical Strike;
3.Haste;
4.Intellect;
5.Mastery.

Is the correct stat priority if you have high-end gear (kilt, tomb set bonus, etc), and 

On 7/17/2017 at 5:23 PM, Laslo said:

1.Intellect;
2.Mastery;
3.Critical Strike;
4.Versatility;
5.Haste.

Is the correct stat priority without any notable gear.

As for the usefulness of Pawn, I was just looking at setting this addon up as well. Not really sure if I would trust it blindly, but I'm gonna test it out as I clear heroic tomb this week to see if I agree with its choices.

The Arcane weights are different depending on different gear setups and ilevels. That said the first list is complete and utter BS so I would ignore that at this point in the expansion. Mastery is the worst scaling stat.

The weights for Arcane have some thresholds and beyond that they are so close together, you should probably always prioritize ilevel upgrades over anything else while keeping an eye on the threshold values.

Vers is on top there because the biggest boost comes from 3-6k Vers. Then, 8k-10k Haste is profitable. After that, you simply try to get as much Crit at the expense of Mastery everywhere.

Edited by Vayra

Easy Mode is not the same as the rest of the guide. This is noted at the top of the guide:

This section is intended for players who are new to the game or class, have no intentions of raiding Mythic difficulty, or simply want a more straightforward way to play their specialization without being overwhelmed by the numerous priorities and active abilities that need to be taken into consideration for optimal play.

Do not follow the Easy Mode guide unless you want to play suboptimally, but have an easier way to play. Follow the normal stat priority if you wish to play to the best you can.

Sorry for my late reply but I cannot stress this enough to folks who are looking to learning their class.  

NOXXIC is bad!   take it with a HUGE grain of salt,  in fact never look at it again.   

I find this site and altered-time.com as valid resources for information on mage.    Icy-veins can also have outdated information too at times but altered-time.com is another resource to get great information on the class and stays up to date since it's a mage community.