FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Nixara

Hunter stomp build stats problem

Why is the guide telling us that crit is the best stat and at the same time we should gem/enchant into mastery? is the build outdated or I just don't understand it properly?

It all depends on your gear and talents, you have to sim yourself. if you are running stomp and have low crit, you probably need crit gems. if you are running stomp and already have 35-40% crit, mastery may be better.

• Like 1

On 18/07/2017 at 4:41 PM, Sisco said:

It all depends on your gear and talents, you have to sim yourself. if you are running stomp and have low crit, you probably need crit gems. if you are running stomp and already have 35-40% crit, mastery may be better.

it gets even more tedious ..gemming crit and mastery depends what your crit and mastery is.  Crit gems/enchants give very little %, so it depends what your current % is and if you can get to the next %. 

For example: I have crit in every thing beside one mastery. The difference in enchanting that 1 ring to mastery in stead of crit is 2k dps. 

So sim, them all crit, then turn on back to mastery and sim again. 

It's entirely based on your own character. Generic sims mean nothing. 

I'm currently running 45% crit, 21% haste and 55% mastery, yet I have no issues with my dps. I also run Sephuz & Roar (sidenote, Sephuz is amazing when you can get the proc off, absolutely beautiful in M+!)

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Luthixx said:

I'm currently running 45% crit, 21% haste and 55% mastery

I think you went a bit overboard to be honest. I'm looking at your gear and you're using an Unstable Arcanocrystal (860? you should try rolling for a Relinquished 880), which bumps secondary stats to look more flashy than they really are since it gives no agility.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Khallid said:

I think you went a bit overboard to be honest. I'm looking at your gear and you're using an Unstable Arcanocrystal (860? you should try rolling for a Relinquished 880), which bumps secondary stats to look more flashy than they really are since it gives no agility.

This is what sims the highest and it's what my stat priority keeps directing me towards to be honest.

Only reason it's still 860 is because I don't get much time to do things outside of raiding and a few M+, it's hard to farm enough shards to waste on Kadala.