FORUMS
Stan

New Hero Teaser at HGC China

9pLi0aT.jpg

A new Hero was teased today at HGC China and in the teaser is the Dark Portal and a shadowy figure. 

Update: An animated teaser was just posted on Twitter.

Placeholder for tweet 887688501273124866

Yesterday, we wrote about a new Hero teaser and it seems the next Hero is from the Warcraft universe. In the teaser we can see the Dark Portal and a shadowy figure with green eyes.

zDlt0nn.jpg

The hottest candidates now are Grom, Lady Vashj, Maiev and Ner'zhul. Let us know what you think in the comments below :).

Honestly, I have the feeling it might be Highlord Kruul. Some of the features (as unclear as they are) within the portal look rather demonic. That may be just me seeing things though.

Keep in mind they already said MORE famous that stukov, and anyone that played the Heart of the Swarm was forced to know of Stukov decently well. He even had his own level you controlled him as a hero unit.

To me this means that a hero has to be known even if you barely play the game. I'd expect someone in multiple warcraft expansions or in WC3 and WoW. Not sure they would have gone with the Portal for Maiev. Could be either of the other two, although Grom should have red eyes I thought. Too much demon blood and rage.

I believe it will be Kil'Jaeden.

He died in the current patch in WoW and was the big bad guy for a long time. Associated with both Outland and Azeroth.

Matches the "famous guy" definition. And also - when Varian died in WoW, they put him to HotS. Might do the same with KJ ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

1 minute ago, buenoedson said:

Clearly it's Millhouse Manastorm

You joke... but DAMN do I want the voice line "I'm gonna light you up sweetcheeks!" in this game soooo badly. So many quality lines. Game-play might leave something to be desired...

"Lowly? Nobody refers to the mighty Millhouse Manastorm as lowly!"

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Laragon said:

You joke... but DAMN do I want the voice line "I'm gonna light you up sweetcheeks!" in this game soooo badly. So many quality lines. Game-play might leave something to be desired...

"Lowly? Nobody refers to the mighty Millhouse Manastorm as lowly!"

You speak the tru-tru... Millhouse would be great :D

Q: Make a threat to target opponent 

W: Throw several insults in a circle around you

E: Ruuuun!

In all seriousness, to anyone who's watched Wronchi animation or played Dota 2...it's Enigma, no question.

2 hours ago, The2ndAct said:

Finally Batman comes to the Nexus.

5dIVWOm.jpg

Don't tease me with this...

My Gold would be on Kazzak if I had to place a bet. 

It's going to zoom out slowly and then pan to a shot of a painting of the Dark Portal on the wall of a room in Dalaran, which used to belong to Kel'Thuzad and then it will suddenly jump into the future and he will be there as a lich. 

Genius, no?

To be MORE famous than Stukov, Maiev is undoubtedly the most likely candidate. Lady Vashj is also likely but I wouldn't go so far as to say she's bigger than Stukov. 

Another candidate, although questionable, would be Kil'jaeden. He had a huge impact on the events leading up to the destruction of outland and the corruption of the orcs. It could be him, but I believe Maiev is probably the most likely hero out of the three I've mentioned.

If the character is supposed to be clearly more famous than Stukov, which I assume, becauce I doubt that they would bring that up if the hero was only slightly more famous, then I have to doubt that it is Vashj or let alone Ner'zhul. You really have to know a few things about WoW to have heard of these. Maiev would be possible, though amongst the ones you listed I think Grom would be most likely.

Even though my bet would be on Jaraxxus, because he really is famous and popular due to his Hearthstone card and the memes that came with it. Manastorm would be awesome too though! ^.^

Just hoping for one of the Burning Legion demons. Out of all the factions in Blizz games i'm just amazed they still don't have a single full blooded WoW demon in the game. And they have so much to work with from in that category. 

35 minutes ago, Nathex said:

Just hoping for one of the Burning Legion demons. Out of all the factions in Blizz games i'm just amazed they still don't have a single full blooded WoW demon in the game. And they have so much to work with from in that category. 

What are you talking about? Jaina has been in the game for ages.

• Like 1

Real talk, though. I wouldn't be surprised if the next Hero is Kil'jaeden, considering that Gul'dan has voice files of interaction with supposed Legion-related characters, where he says: "The Legion is here, my plans will have to accelerate."

Edited by Valhalen
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Valhalen said:

Real talk, though. I wouldn't be surprised if the next Hero is Kil'jaeden, considering that Gul'dan has voice files of interaction with supposed Legion-related characters, where he says:

• "The Legion is here, my plans will have to accelerate."

• "As the master wishes."

Didn't realise these existed - that could definitely be a cool interaction to have in the game and he would fill an interesting slot. I do wonder how they would make him different from Ragnaros/Azmodan, though. With a being that is that powerful but acts as a commander... You'd expect him to just be another minion hero or to do his whole "half-body" thing like we saw him in Sunwell.

He does also look a bit small for KJ.

3 minutes ago, Blainie said:

Didn't realise these existed - that could definitely be a cool interaction to have in the game and he would fill an interesting slot. I do wonder how they would make him different from Ragnaros/Azmodan, though. With a being that is that powerful but acts as a commander... You'd expect him to just be another minion hero or to do his whole "half-body" thing like we saw him in Sunwell.

He does also look a bit small for KJ.

Similarly, Illidan supposedly has dialogues with Maiev for HotS too...