FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Chazzwozzer

Seem to be hitting very weak at 897

I have the rotation down , i know what to hit when to hit it, but... i see videos on youtube where people with the same ilvl as me are doing 1 million DPS and im stuck around 450ksih. Any help please.

On 19-7-2017 at 9:38 PM, Chazzwozzer said:

I have the rotation down , i know what to hit when to hit it, but... i see videos on youtube where people with the same ilvl as me are doing 1 million DPS and im stuck around 450ksih. Any help please.

It depends on a lot of factors...

1. Are you 100% sure you do your rotation right?

2. Legendaries / gear / stats. Retribution is very gear dependant. Even within the same ilvl bracket the right stats (For example having 30% haste and 10% mastery vs 10% haste and 30% mastery) have a huge impact. Also legendaries, having the bis legendaries will increase your dps by a lot over people who don't have those. (Belt, Cloak/Ring). Shoulders are okay too. 

3. Properly enchanted / gemmed?

4. Using potions (2x Old War / atleast Prolonged Power), Food (Haste / Crit / Vers or even better the 500 Strength Feast), Defiled Augment Runes, Flasks (Strength)?

5. Timing your Wings (Crusade) well with certain parts of a fight? During Bloodlust (Heroism), other buffs within a fight (think Maiden of Vigilance), during parts with heavy adds coming in? (Harjatan, Mistress) etc.

6. Right talents? Using the right talents for single target, aoe situations etc? 

7. Tier? Do you have the 2- or 4- set of Tier 20 and/or Tier 19? I personally sim/have the highest dps output with TIer 20 4 set + Tier 19 2 set even if I equip pieces with +20 itemlevel on tier slots, tier wins.

8. Trinkets? Part of gear but trinkets themselves are huge on Ret paladins. Especially trinkets that align with your wings (Crusade). Think Faulty Countermeasure (from VoTW), Convergence of Fates etc. (kinda outdated but you get the point). 

Look at every step and confirm you got it right. Can also try to compare your logs to those of Paladins with similar ilvl-brackets as yours. Hope this helps a bit in reflecting yourself. 

-Shishikyu

Edited by Shishikyu