FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
shadowmod

913 fire mage need dps help

I've been looking through both your logs and character just to see what we have to work with. I am by no means an exceptional mage but i have found something we can take a look at.

Lets start with your movement; I've looked through most of the logs quickly and one of your major issues seems to be movement and positioning. There are multiple gaps in most of the logs, some of them stretch to 10+ seconds were you arent casting anything which is obviously a major dps loss if it happens multiple times for each boss. You ALWAYS wanna be casting, this can easily be sorted by better planning on were to stand and by planning ahead on certain movement abilities. If you have no opportunity to stop you should atleast be casting scorch to keep Ignite going and also getting crit procs.

Again, planning is the key and i cannot emphasize it more. As a fire mage you should NEVER die to Infernal Burning on Goroth like one of the logs show. You should both have the Frenetic Speed talent (ALWAYS pick this), Ice Block and atleast 1 stack of Shimmer ready to get you out of trouble.

Overall your talent choices do look decent enough. But when you take Incanter's Flow you must make sure to have either a WA or TMW tracking the current stacks so you can get full usage out of it when it swings around 4-5 stacks.

Your usage of Dragon's Breath while wearing the legendary helm isnt entirely optimal on some of the fights, you wanna use it as often as you can unless there is adds spawning in soon. When using the helm you will also get a lot more out of Rune of Power instead of Incanter's Flow because of the potential burst windows with it.

You do also waste some of the procs from the pyro bracers by not actually consuming them with the hardcast, a ~4sec hardcast during a boss fight might not be the best for some of the fights but shouldnt be a major problem with a little bit of planning and the fact that you can blink mid-cast with Shimmer.

Other than that your gear statwise isnt the best for fire. Fire shines brightly on bosses with a constant flow of adds but tends to fall off quickly if its single-target. It also requires a bit of gear to get going so i would highly suggest that you go frost until you get Koralon's for fire.

i swore ever since ever in anything i have read people have said it isnt worth planing anything around current stack of incanters flow and the buring death on goroth is because thear was only 1 piller and i was like a step away froum it when it went off  this piller was on the other side of the room

That would be correct for fire, but keeping an eye on it can still grant you some extra damage.

For future fights you also never wanna open with Pyroblast, the cast time vs damage vs prepot time used isnt worth it. Just prepot and open with a fireball.

If you can manage to get a hold of the Nighthold 2 set bonus which you would benefit greatly on it would allow you to go a more mastery/versa heavy build which is what most fire mages tend to do.

You should by the way never take Living Bomb (with the exception of Mistress if your team lacks alot of aoe), its never really any beneficial on a low amount of targets (1-6 targets). A thing you could do is just check around on warcraftlogs and see what the majority of other mages use for which fights (do keep in mind their ilvl and gear differences tho).

Its a very hard question for fire atleast. It really depends on the fight, crit is very valuable for singletarget while haster/versa/mastery takes on the lead when it comes to cleave/add fights.