FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Mastre

Some explanation about soulshards

Hello fellow Warlock's.

Im lvling my lock and i want to play as Affli. While lvling, im watching a lot of tutorial's and guides. One thing bothers me a lot:

If you have 3+ Soul Shards, apply Unstable Affliction IconUnstable Affliction twice to the boss.

I cant find any explanation about why do we always need to leave some SS unused ? Isn't it better to apply more stack's ?

Thank's for any response and sorry for my English.

Cheers.

my understanding is we only cast 2 so that we can finish casting our channeled spell with the 2nd and refresh agony before it falls off, but i too would like to know if there is more to it than that.

9 hours ago, Sisco said:

my understanding is we only cast 2 so that we can finish casting our channeled spell with the 2nd and refresh agony before it falls off, but i too would like to know if there is more to it than that.

No, ish.

You only cast 2 if you are spec'd into MG, while you have UA on a target you never stop casting MG unless you're about to let Agony drop. You do this because it is the best trade between time up on UA with cross over of time up on MG.

If you are not spec'd into MG, don't care about it. UA all you want.

13 hours ago, Lockybalboa said:

No, ish.

You only cast 2 if you are spec'd into MG, while you have UA on a target you never stop casting MG unless you're about to let Agony drop. You do this because it is the best trade between time up on UA with cross over of time up on MG.

If you are not spec'd into MG, don't care about it. UA all you want.

i think that is what i was trying to say but it didnt come across. We would rather only have 2 UAs and be able to buff them with MG before having to refresh agony instead of casting say 3-4 UAs with no MG before having to refresh Agony right? i have asked a similar question here 

but have had no feedback on it.