Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Lamindra

Holy Paladin - Selfless healer over all?

2 posts in this topic

Hello my holy friends,

I really do have a problem with accepting the opinion that EF is the best choice in the T3 talents, as all the top holy paladins do. I mean most holy's are playing with around ~14k spirit, eternal flame and mostly prioritize intellect. I, for myself, tested this playstyle in SoO normal (10m) and flexible (25m) and I don't think this is performing that well.

I am playing with SH, 8,5k spirit and maximize mastery.

Link: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/blackrock/Lamindra/simple

I use to heal with some other holy paladins in ToT hero since 5.4 just to test both styles in comparison. For example Megaera hero. At the end of the fight the other holy, just forgot his name, sorry, pulled around 120k with a 561 weapon (don't think he was bad at all) and I was at 160k (543 weapon). (Nearly same overall ilvl) (Don't have a log at all :/ )

The intention of this post, however, wasn't to say "Hey guys look at me" or "Lol, everbody's an idiot", but I really don't get it why everybody's still playing with EF.

I mean if you only look at the combination of Holy Avenger and SH...

Judgment - 3 HP heal - Holy Radiance (+60%, without cost, cause we stacked Judgment before) - 3 HP heal - Holy Shock (+60% Daybreak) and so on...

And all the haste we get from forging spirit away, for a lower HS and Judgment cooldown.

Actually I haven't had the option of healing SoO hero for now, but I'm 100% sure that my spirit pool is enough.

EF's hot just seems to go into overheal often enough in so many encounters and the healing stream to the beacon tank, how it's preached in so many guides, doesn't seem to be necessary.

Feel free and give me some of your opinions.

Edited by Lamindra

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Ergunk
      Stinki Monki Finger (SMF), formed 28th April 2005, was the longest standing raiding guild on Hellscream. On Dec 15th 2016 we made the decision to transfer our guild to Tarren Mill in search of new opportunities and secure a strong future for the guild and its community. We have been around to see all of Vanilla, Burning Crusade, Wrath, Cataclysm, MoP, WoD & now time for Legion.
      We always strive for a nice and relaxed atmosphere within the guild and always show optimism for killing future bosses.

Stinki Monki Finger is currently searching for:
      Tank, especially a Prot Pala. With our Main Tank stepping down we are looking for a dedicated Tank!
      Hunter
      And exceptional range dps

Strong applications from all classes/roles will also be considered. This means Melee aswell, so dont be afraid to drop by! :)

We require you to have previous experience at raiding Heroic or Mythic mode content and be available for atleast 2-3 raids per week.

Current progress
      7/7 M, 1/3 M, 2/10 M

Main raid schedule:
      Wednesday 20:00-23:00
      Sunday 20:00-23:00
      Monday 20:00-23:00

We are also organising Mythic dungeons and social raids outside of main raid times and there is a possibility of an Alt Raid.

We have been a guild since Vanilla and known each other for over 10 years. Our goal is to always aim for the highest difficulty while raiding in a relaxed atmosphere. We keep in contact with each other through various games and you will definitely feel the guilds comradeship when playing with us.

If you have any questions feel free to contact Finesse or Ergunk#2122 for a chat.

Kind regards,
      Ergunk
      http://stinkimonkifinger.co.uk
    • By Violentravi
      Hello,
      Adelante is currently recruiting DPS & Heals, however, all competent players will be considered.  We are a Horde guild on Arthas and our current progression is 10/10H NH 6/7M EN and 3/3H TOV.  As far as classes go we do not have a Moonkin, Mage, Feral Druid, or any type of Monk. We only raid two nights a week, Tuesday and Wednesday from 7:00 PM until 11:00 PM Eastern.  Thursday is not considered a raid night, but we will often clear Heroic and Normal on this evening for AP and it is not required. We are pushing progression on Il'gynoth, and look forward to finishing off EN then moving on to Nighthold, we will be intermittently working on Mythic TOV.
      From you, we would expect 100% attendance during your trial period; after that, if you cannot make a raid or will be late it is mandatory to keep the raid leader updated.  In order to continue making good progression while raiding only two nights a week, we expect that you know your class inside-out and will research any bosses you are unfamiliar with prior to raids.
      If you are interested, please PM me (violentravi#1826) or recruiting officer Sepsis (tuxedomask#1712) in game.  However, if you have time (which goes a long way) for us to give you a real evaluation there is a short forum to fill out linked on our discord: https://discord.gg/JMVuYRW

Thank you for your consideration
      Xoxo
      Violentnacho & the Guild
    • By eternalsoulz666
      <Judgment Day>
      Recruiting:
      2 Healers - Preferably Paladin/Monk (However will still look at other options. DPS off-spec would be nice too!) 2 Melee - Any class will be considered. 2 Ranged - Any class will be considered.
        Progression:
      Emerald Nightmare
      7/7N / 7/7H
      Nighthold
      10/10N

Requirements:
      On US-Proudmoore or willing to server transfer. Knowledge and understanding of your class. DBM/WeakAuras/RCLootCouncil Being on time and being able to attend raid days preferably 10-15 minutes before start time. (90% attendance is acceptable, however until we have more people on our team 100% is strongly encouraged as we don't have the numbers to have people not show up)
        Schedule:*
      **ALL TIMES ARE IN EASTERN STANDARD TIME**
      Friday 8:00-10:00PM (EST) Saturday 8:00-11:00PM (EST) Sunday 5:00-8:00PM (EST)
        *Raiders/Trials will be provided with full guild repairs during raid hours.
      About Us:
      Judgment Day was formed recently by a group of friends that needed more progression than their previous guild were providing for us. We strive to excel at what we do and want to progress through the current content offered to us as it is released & complete it before the release of the next raid tier.
      Our progress through the raids were preformed by the same raid team however in a different guild. We also enjoy running Mythic+ and the occasional battleground.
      We are willing to accept casuals that aren't interested in raiding and just want a chill environment to hang out in.
      http://www.judgmentday.shivtr.com Please apply using our website. Once your application has been reviewed a officer will contact you in-game (b.net) or via the comments section in your application.
    • By Ririxia
      ABOUT US
      We Tried is a mythic progression raiding guild formed by an ambitious raid leader seeking like minded, progression oriented players who would work together towards clearing the latest content while it is still considered relevant. After suffering some roster issues, We Tried merged with Procrastination in late December 2016 and together we have fully cleared Emerald Nightmare Mythic within just two weeks.
      OUR PAST ACCOMPLISHMENTS & FUTURE GOALS
      Although we have since slowed down, we are proud ourselves of holding the realm 27th Nythendra Mythic and 24th Elerathe Renferal Mythic kills.
      Today we are actively working towards forming a raid team that would be able to attain our previous glory and compete on a realm wide level.
      CURRENTLY RECRUITING
      Frost DK
      BM/MM Hunter
      Mage
      WW Monk
      Retri Paladin
      Holy/Shadow Priest
      Elemental/Resto Shaman
      Arms/Fury Warrior
      *Applications from exceptional players will always be considered regardless of recruitment status*
      RAID TIMES
      Wednesday 20.30 - 23.00
      Thursday 20.00 - 23.00
      Sunday 20.00 - 23.00
      IDEAL RECRUIT
      Our ideal recruits are players who are passionate about the game and about progress. Each raider is expected to do whatever they can to improve their skills outside of the raiding environment and pull their own weight within the raid.
      We are looking for mythic ready players who, without fail, know the tactics for every boss prior to entering the instance; have solid knowledge of their class and continuously strive to improve themselves; have a near 100% attendance rating; are prepared to wipe often on progression nights and can not only take the constructive criticism that comes their way but are also able to give constructive criticism back, as well as share new ideas and approaches relevant to the content we are clearing at the time.
      CONTACT & INFO
      If you have any questions or concerns you're welcome to contact me in game (Ririxia#2172) or on Discord (Ririxia#1469). You can find more info about our guild, guidelines, raiding policies, trials and the loot system, as well as apply on our website - http://we-tried.enjin.com
    • By salamancer
      <Minions Inc> is a heroic raid focused guild looking to round out our roster with some ranged DPS. Many of us are former mythic raiders that grew tired of the drama that always seemed to follow mythic raiding and now just enjoy clearing heroic at a reasonable pace and having fun. We're an adult guild that likes to talk about serious adult things during raids, like how big of a sex toy Cornellia can take or the size of Crunxi's hemorrhoids, very mature things. If you're easily offended you won't enjoy it here. That being said we do expect our raiders to focus on progression, continually strive to improve, come to raids prepared with flask/pots/food etc. and maintain a 75% attendance rate.
      Raid Progress: 7/7H 3/3H 6/10H
      Raid Times: Tuesday 7-10PM PST (Progression) Thursday 7-10PM 
      PST (Progression) Friday 7-10PM PST (Alt Raid, not required)
      We also run mythic+ dungeons on the weekends so if you have a mythic keystone, don't be afraid to ask if anyone wants to run with you!
      Role Needs: Any Ranged DPS, Retribution Paladin, Windwalker Monk, Enhancement Shaman and Restoration Druid.
      Loot Distribtion: EP/GP
      Voice Program: Discord
      Contact Us For More Info:
      Mal (GM) - (Discord) Malevicent#2694 - (Bnet) Malevicent#1456
      Crunx (Officer) - (Discord) Crunx#2635 - (Bnet) Wedgezilla#1953
      Phelon (Officer) - (Discord) Phelon#7329 - (Bnet) Greed#1443
      Shuzo (Officer) - (Discord) Snapplez#7561 - (Bnet) Snapplez#1989