FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
kkodbuku

UH DK - Legendary combinations

Hello!

I have the Head, Shoulder, Ring and Wrist legendaries but I can't decide which legendary works well with the Shoulder one for single target damage. Sim results show that Shoulder+Ring combination slightly better as their effects don't rely on RNG. But I didn't see anyone using that combination in top guilds. I tested both of these combinations on Heroic Desolate Host, but I couldn't tell because of the target switching and lose of wound stacks due.

Therefore, I have no idea if Bursting Sores+Apocalypse can out-DPS RNG based multiple bursts. What do you guys think?

Out of what you have, I would go with shoulders and ring for aoe and shoulders and wrist for ST.

Bear in mind that Sims can sometimes assume be a bit off as they assume a perfect rotation and perfect gameplay, the one time the pug tank moves the boss and you have to move can kill you for instance. 

Best methodology I can recommend is to try them out on a target dummy for 5 mins and record your dps over the 5 mins and see how it looks.  After that, jump into a LFR and see how you get on with more movement and chaos in general. 

And have fun with it, thats a bigger part of leet dps than most will admit.

• Like 1

I'd like to chime in on this one, since I kinda have a similar problem...

as far as legendaries go I have shoulders, bracers, the cloak and KBW. I did some meddling with the shoulders when I first got them, but didn't quite like the Valkyrie playstyle. So since I've gotten the Bracers and the Trinket I've been using them. Now today, the Soul of the Deathlord dropped... Basically I now have three Legendaries I think i should use (Soul, Bracers, KBW) - but I'm quite at a loss concerning the combos. I don't have any tier bonuses yet, nor do I have the frozen heart thing.

So out of the three - which combination would prove most effective ST/MT? The guides says go Ring and Bracers for Multitatrget, which I can do. Should I swap bracers for trinket single target? still a ton of stats on the trinket though...

Thx a lot in advance!

• Confused 1

The trinket is a good stat stick but the on use part is best for aoe rather than ST. 

Stick to the ring and bracers and see how it goes. 

The wrist are absolutely garbage for dark arbiter build, i would definitely take the ring/KJ just for raw stats and probably a even better effect, even on single target. And they far outshine wrist on aoe. 

I don't really get why you want to test a single target combination on the most aoe heavy boss in Tomb. However for host u can go defile  with helm/ring or DA with shoulder+ring. I don't get why u swap targets on host, you should cleave off the boss to the adds - even if  uswap target a lot u shouldnt lose out on wounds - build wounds up on each target, pop DnD and eat them all with scourge strike. 

For my DK i have almost all Frost Leggos so i am still making due with the universal for Unholy.  But i found that i do better with running the Chest/ Prydaz or Soul depending on the fights.  Straight single target its the neck, for any fight with Adds Soul works better.  Like Vacivity was saying you really only should cleave off the boss anyways with the ring due to trying to build up stacks to burst.   I've found just increasing Mastery overall is a better increase in damage except with the chest and shoulders(Still working on getting these).  Prydaz is just really handy on progression fights with the added bubble also.