FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
CelticArchangel

Question: Old LFR Gear

So I have a question and no one seems to want to take a moment to answer it anywhere. 

How does one go about obtaining old LFG gear for transmog purposes?

I'm after the armor tokens from Siege of Orgrimmar LFR... but you can't change your settings (that I know of) to have the raid drop LFR tokens. Only Normal and Heroic. 

Is there any way to get old LFR gear at all or is it bound to that expansion only?

Thanks again to any one who can/will answer.

Cheers!

1 hour ago, CelticArchangel said:

So I have a question and no one seems to want to take a moment to answer it anywhere. 

How does one go about obtaining old LFG gear for transmog purposes?

I believe there is a way to queue for the old LFR systems. From what I remember, you need to go to the entrance of the raid and there should be an NPC standing there that lets you queue into LFR.

For MoP, i know you have to go at the Lorewalker's 'HQ' in the vale of eternal blossoms, and you have "storytellers", to get into MoP queue-only evetns (LFR, scenarios ...)

On 25.7.2017 at 6:11 AM, Blainie said:

I believe there is a way to queue for the old LFR systems. From what I remember, you need to go to the entrance of the raid and there should be an NPC standing there that lets you queue into LFR.

Yes, as a transmog-farmer myself i can confirm this statement. The NPC stands next to the entrance or (as genbag already mentioned) near the entrance on a specific spot. Here is a short video that shows you the location for MoP-LFR-NPC:

On 30/07/2017 at 3:54 AM, Blainie said:

Is that only for MoP that you use the Lorewalkers?

aye

For WoD, You gotta talk to the blind man at the entrance of your main building. Right at the left of the stairs for alliance, and around the boxes at the right for horde.

On 7/31/2017 at 2:00 PM, genbag said:

aye

For WoD, You gotta talk to the blind man at the entrance of your main building. Right at the left of the stairs for alliance, and around the boxes at the right for horde.

It's odd that they'd only do this for a few expansions rather than all of them. At least it's not hard to find!

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By MarcHethrusWaters
      Maximum Effort is a new guild on Cenarion circle (A). I was the raid leader for my guild for a long time and we built up a strong raid team. Due to do some dis-agreements between me and the guild leader I was forced to leave. But luckly enough a lot of my team followed me! We're working to build a guild focused around team work and group progression. We love doing mythics, raids, talking and theory crafting about the game!
      We have a very strong-core raid group, capable of clearing heroic and doing some mythic but we're just missing a few people to round it out!
      Raid nights.. Tue/wed 6-830pm server (9:30-11:30 est) Off night Monday 6-830pm server (9-11:30 est)
      Looking for.. -Any and all dps specs
      - Non pally or holy priest healer!
      All raid mats and needs are covered by guild, we run personal look just for the ease of it.
      My btag is Hethrus#1504 if you have questions or wish to try out!
    • By MarcHethrusWaters
      Maximum Effort is a new guild on Cenarion circle (A). I was the raid leader for my guild for a long time and we built up a strong raid team. Due to do some dis-agreements between me and the guild leader I was forced to leave. But luckly enough a lot of my team followed me! We're working to build a guild focused around team work and group progression. We love doing mythics, raids, talking and theory crafting about the game!
      We have a very strong-core raid group, capable of clearing heroic and doing some mythic but we're just missing a few people to round it out!
      Raid nights.. Tue/wed 6-830pm server (9:30-11:30 est) Off night Monday 6-830pm server (9-11:30 est)
      Looking for.. -Any and all dps specs -possibly a raid healer
      All raid mats and needs are covered by guild, we run personal look just for the ease of it.
      My btag is Hethrus#1504 if you have questions or wish to try out!
    • By Ghanjo
      Hey hey, I hope you can all help me. I've picked up my alt paladin and started gearing her for protection, but mostly by doing world bosses and events, and by going ret in LFR with protection loot specialization.
      This is my armory:
      http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/defias-brotherhood/Monroe/advanced
      I don't really know much about tanking, and I have a few questions:
      1) Which stat priority should I go for? Haste, Mastery or Avoidance? I have read that most people recommend haste, but is that only for endgame tanking, or is it good while gearing up as well?
      2) How much stamina is enough stamina?
      3) Is it viable to gear up to 480 by grinding justice, converting to honor and buying honor gear? Or is the pvp gear bad for tanking?
      4) Since people on LFR seem to be rather hard on underperforming tanks, I haven't tried tanking in there yet. Do you think my gear is good enough to tank MSV-HoF-ToeS? And how much do I need to tank ToT?
      5) Is there an easy-to-read how-to-tank-LFR guide somewhere? I know the encounters as mage, but I don't really know about the tank-specific stuff.
      I checked the forum to avoid reposting questions that have already been answered. I hope I haven't missed something and reposted a question.
      Looking forward to your help :)
    • By nicarlitos
      Another loot rant from me.
      I am a blood DK, but I got this lame sword on a bonus roll in LFR:
      http://www.wowhead.com/item=95875
      Greatsword of Frozen Hells, a 2H strength sword.
      It has Crit and Haste as its additional stats....therefore its about as crap as its possible to get for a blood DK. It doesn't even have a good socket bonus.
      I'm annoyed that this is a potential drop for my class and annoyed at wasting a roll.
      I'm trying to convince Blizz that there's a bug in the loot table....to me this is clearly a DPS weapon.
      Its bad enough that the BiS in this tier is a shared boss drop without having crap like this. I should have got my Bo'Ris, not this junk.
      Grrrr.
    • By nicarlitos
      hey,
      here's an idea I have on improving LFR loot rules and queue times….
      In the old loot system, flawed though it may have been, it gave an option to gear an off-spec (not necessarily by being a ninja…we used to do guild LFR runs for example). This cannot be done now, as loot is always tied to the spec in which you queued.
      As a tank, I get into LFR really quick. Queues are short. The same is true when I'm playing my healer.
      My problem is now, that I've got all the loot from LFR I need so I've stopped running them.
      I would carry on playing them if I could have a chance at off-spec gear. I'd be happy to queue as tank or healer but just get a different spec of gear as a reward……surely this would be good for queue times and the game in general. So often it is one tank or a couple of healers missing….
      Maybe I'm just spoilt with insta-queues, but having the option of choosing a spec of gear to have a chance for would get me running them again. It wouldn't just be for VP when I need it. Having an off-spec, even if only geared to LFR level, is very useful for a raid team.
      What's your opinion?