Stan

Patch 7.3: World Boss Rotation Update

Sign in to follow this  

24 posts in this topic

0Ta2lpN.jpg

The weekly world boss rotation is currently random. We saw Withered J'm up for two weeks several times, but things will change in Patch 7.3.

Patch 7.3 introduces a fixed world boss rotation. No more waiting for Nithogg to spawn! Another great example is Na'zak, who spawned once since Legion launch and drops Recipe: Potion of Prolonged PowerRecipe: Potion of Prolonged Power (Rank 3) for Alchemists.

Placeholder for tweet 889952047474266112

16 minutes ago, Dejo93 said:

Thank God. This seriously needed to be fixed

Yeah this is great news, too bad it took them over a year to address the problem tho.

I feel it would've been better had they just put all the world bosses up at the same time but you could only get loot from one a week, that way you could have chosen which one you'd kill and while most would've just gone after Withered J'im for the arcano crystal trinket at least that would've been their choice rather than being forced to kill him for weeks on end because he was the only one up.

• Like 3

4 hours ago, BlakeArmentrout said:

Yeah this is great news, too bad it took them over a year to address the problem tho.

Legion hasn't even been out for a year and until March the world bosses were spawning on a set rotation.

5 hours ago, BlakeArmentrout said:

Legion will be out a year come August but its still a great thing that they are fixing this though because I've been waiting to level my enhancement shaman until I can get a world boss up that drops the hidden skin.

7 hours ago, BlakeArmentrout said:

People need to understand that Blizzard can't fix everything at once. They have more important things to worry about.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Durf24 said:

I feel it would've been better had they just put all the world bosses up at the same time but you could only get loot from one a week, that way you could have chosen which one you'd kill and while most would've just gone after Withered J'im for the arcano crystal trinket at least that would've been their choice rather than being forced to kill him for weeks on end because he was the only one up.

I agree 100%, this would be great

13 hours ago, BlakeArmentrout said:

You know Legion hasn't even been out for a year yet, right?  Unless you count the beta, but I feel they focus on more important things than World Boss rotations during that period.

11 hours ago, Durf24 said:

Good idea, but I feel in order to make sure there are enough groups for each boss, they'd have to make it so 3 or 4 are up per week rather than all of them.  That way, you have a better chance of getting the boss you want, but you're not stuck not getting a group due to the majority of people going for J'im.

15 hours ago, Dejo93 said:

Thank God. This seriously needed to be fixed

Problem being that this shouldn't even have been an issue to begin with.

16 hours ago, Durf24 said:

I have been saying this exact same thing now for months :D

Honestly Imo , and I know this would never happen for what ever reason, is to remove the concept of the "rare spawn" all together and have all rare elites or what ever up all the time so people dont wait weeks and weeks to ever see them, but just adjust there drop rate so it still feels rare but with out the wasted time camping, who wants to sit around for hours to weeks only to get nothing? This way they would have a 100% shot at the kill but the loot would still be rare to preserve what they where trying to achieve.

Edited by BlakeArmentrout

14 hours ago, JolietJerry said:

Legion hasn't even been out for a year and until March the world bosses were spawning on a set rotation.

ok ok so it hasnt been a year, just feels like it I guess, the point was it is annoying to wait so long only to be disapointed cus the drop rates are so freaking low,  Also the bosses have never been on a set rotation, I have seen Withered jim up for 2 weeks in a row atleast 4 times, levantus was up 2 weeks in a row, twice, then it went back to withered Jim, then jumped to Frozen king for 2 weeks, back to withered jim then to Sharthos, and back to levantus.....need I go on? I know the rotation was supposed to be set but I have been playing since legion Launch and I only saw Nithog up maybe 4-5 times the whole time and he is the only one most people want.

11 hours ago, Maruken said:

People need to understand that Blizzard can't fix everything at once. They have more important things to worry about.

I understand Completely that they cant fix every problem at once, all I ask is they fix some problems while there still relevant, don't wait till the content has progressed to where the word bosses are pointless, most people by now in legion have out geared there need for them or stopped caring all together, and I don't know what you consider "more important things to do"

3 hours ago, BlakeArmentrout said:

I understand Completely that they cant fix every problem at once, all I ask is they fix some problems while there still relevant, don't wait till the content has progressed to where the word bosses are pointless, most people by now in legion have out geared there need for them or stopped caring all together, and I don't know what you consider "more important things to do"

But by now, people are not looking at the world bosses for loot - the complaints are generally about things that drop recipes, artifact appearances etc.

I'm certainly not praying for Nithogg to get an 860 piece of gear.

15 hours ago, Azerea97 said:

Good idea, but I feel in order to make sure there are enough groups for each boss, they'd have to make it so 3 or 4 are up per week rather than all of them.  That way, you have a better chance of getting the boss you want, but you're not stuck not getting a group due to the majority of people going for J'im.

I'd hope with the amount of players there are that there'd be groups for each boss but at the same time I could easily see it being just Wither J'im groups all throughout the group finder, but I suppose that's why players can make their own or just ask guildies since a 5 man group can down most of the launch world bosses with ease at this point in time.

Edited by Durf24

10 hours ago, BlakeArmentrout said:

I have been saying this exact same thing now for months :D

Honestly Imo , and I know this would never happen for what ever reason, is to remove the concept of the "rare spawn" all together and have all rare elites or what ever up all the time so people dont wait weeks and weeks to ever see them, but just adjust there drop rate so it still feels rare but with out the wasted time camping, who wants to sit around for hours to weeks only to get nothing? This way they would have a 100% shot at the kill but the loot would still be rare to preserve what they where trying to achieve.

By rare elites do you mean the rares on Draenor that dropped the mounts like Silthide or Poundfist? Because if so, I can totally understand I stayed awake for 4 days straight waiting for Poundfist to spawn back in WoD simply because I wanted a gronnling mount but at the same time I can understand people getting upset over not getting what they want to drop from killing it if it is a once a day kill system or like Huolon who's mount drop is ridiculously low.

19 hours ago, Blainie said:

But by now, people are not looking at the world bosses for loot - the complaints are generally about things that drop recipes, artifact appearances etc.

I'm certainly not praying for Nithogg to get an 860 piece of gear.

Yes most people are, I too have been waiting for Nithog for the fury appearance for a long long time now

12 hours ago, Durf24 said:

By rare elites do you mean the rares on Draenor that dropped the mounts like Silthide or Poundfist? Because if so, I can totally understand I stayed awake for 4 days straight waiting for Poundfist to spawn back in WoD simply because I wanted a gronnling mount but at the same time I can understand people getting upset over not getting what they want to drop from killing it if it is a once a day kill system or like Huolon who's mount drop is ridiculously low.

Yes I was more so talking about any and all "rare spawns" but certainly the ones that have week long waits, I have a hunter that will probably never see Skoll in his lifetime to tame :( as I have never seen him alive or dead or even tamed by other hunters ( not to mention there are 6-7 hunters camping his spots at any given time) and I have been playing since Wrath's launch.

2 hours ago, BlakeArmentrout said:

Yes I was more so talking about any and all "rare spawns" but certainly the ones that have week long waits, I have a hunter that will probably never see Skoll in his lifetime to tame :( as I have never seen him alive or dead or even tamed by other hunters ( not to mention there are 6-7 hunters camping his spots at any given time) and I have been playing since Wrath's launch.

I completely understand, I used to main BM hunter when I started playing shortly after the release of the Sunwell patch up until the end of MoP simply because I just wanted to collect pets but that became a huge problem when cross realm zoning came to the game and I was competing with 6 other hunters for spirit beasts or other various rare spawn pets. Now I play a rogue so I can just sneak past everything when I don't feel like killing, like in LFR.

• Like 1

On 26/07/2017 at 9:21 PM, Durf24 said:

I'd hope with the amount of players there are that there'd be groups for each boss but at the same time I could easily see it being just Wither J'im groups all throughout the group finder, but I suppose that's why players can make their own or just ask guildies since a 5 man group can down most of the launch world bosses with ease at this point in time.

This is the most likely, for sure there would be the occasional group for other bosses, but it'd be packed with Jim and Nithogg, I'm sure.

On 27/07/2017 at 10:19 AM, BlakeArmentrout said:

But it does kind of reward the people that just sit there and wait it out until they finally get it. 

On 7/29/2017 at 10:26 AM, Blainie said:

But it does kind of reward the people that just sit there and wait it out until they finally get it. 

Yeah I get that the wait is part of the challenge, I just wish it wasn't such a long wait or feel like I am just wasting that time instead of accomplishing something elsewhere.

On 30/07/2017 at 0:39 PM, BlakeArmentrout said:

Yeah I get that the wait is part of the challenge, I just wish it wasn't such a long wait or feel like I am just wasting that time instead of accomplishing something elsewhere.

You do kind of have to allocate your time though and, there was probably times in the past where others wasted time sitting there and waited for it. If you push for a specific pet, you're choosing to go for it as a priority over other things like achievements etc.