Jump to content
FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Stan

Patch 7.3: World Boss Rotation Update

Recommended Posts

0Ta2lpN.jpg

The weekly world boss rotation is currently random. We saw Withered J'm up for two weeks several times, but things will change in Patch 7.3.

Patch 7.3 introduces a fixed world boss rotation. No more waiting for Nithogg to spawn! Another great example is Na'zak, who spawned once since Legion launch and drops Recipe: Potion of Prolonged PowerRecipe: Potion of Prolonged Power (Rank 3) for Alchemists.

Placeholder for tweet 889952047474266112

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I feel it would've been better had they just put all the world bosses up at the same time but you could only get loot from one a week, that way you could have chosen which one you'd kill and while most would've just gone after Withered J'im for the arcano crystal trinket at least that would've been their choice rather than being forced to kill him for weeks on end because he was the only one up.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, BlakeArmentrout said:

Yeah this is great news, too bad it took them over a year to address the problem tho.

Legion hasn't even been out for a year and until March the world bosses were spawning on a set rotation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, BlakeArmentrout said:

Yeah this is great news, too bad it took them over a year to address the problem tho.

Legion will be out a year come August but its still a great thing that they are fixing this though because I've been waiting to level my enhancement shaman until I can get a world boss up that drops the hidden skin.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, BlakeArmentrout said:

Yeah this is great news, too bad it took them over a year to address the problem tho.

People need to understand that Blizzard can't fix everything at once. They have more important things to worry about.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Durf24 said:

I feel it would've been better had they just put all the world bosses up at the same time but you could only get loot from one a week, that way you could have chosen which one you'd kill and while most would've just gone after Withered J'im for the arcano crystal trinket at least that would've been their choice rather than being forced to kill him for weeks on end because he was the only one up.

I agree 100%, this would be great

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, BlakeArmentrout said:

Yeah this is great news, too bad it took them over a year to address the problem tho.

You know Legion hasn't even been out for a year yet, right?  Unless you count the beta, but I feel they focus on more important things than World Boss rotations during that period.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Durf24 said:

I feel it would've been better had they just put all the world bosses up at the same time but you could only get loot from one a week, that way you could have chosen which one you'd kill and while most would've just gone after Withered J'im for the arcano crystal trinket at least that would've been their choice rather than being forced to kill him for weeks on end because he was the only one up.

Good idea, but I feel in order to make sure there are enough groups for each boss, they'd have to make it so 3 or 4 are up per week rather than all of them.  That way, you have a better chance of getting the boss you want, but you're not stuck not getting a group due to the majority of people going for J'im.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Durf24 said:

I feel it would've been better had they just put all the world bosses up at the same time but you could only get loot from one a week, that way you could have chosen which one you'd kill and while most would've just gone after Withered J'im for the arcano crystal trinket at least that would've been their choice rather than being forced to kill him for weeks on end because he was the only one up.

I have been saying this exact same thing now for months :D

Honestly Imo , and I know this would never happen for what ever reason, is to remove the concept of the "rare spawn" all together and have all rare elites or what ever up all the time so people dont wait weeks and weeks to ever see them, but just adjust there drop rate so it still feels rare but with out the wasted time camping, who wants to sit around for hours to weeks only to get nothing? This way they would have a 100% shot at the kill but the loot would still be rare to preserve what they where trying to achieve.

Edited by BlakeArmentrout

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, JolietJerry said:

Legion hasn't even been out for a year and until March the world bosses were spawning on a set rotation.

ok ok so it hasnt been a year, just feels like it I guess, the point was it is annoying to wait so long only to be disapointed cus the drop rates are so freaking low,  Also the bosses have never been on a set rotation, I have seen Withered jim up for 2 weeks in a row atleast 4 times, levantus was up 2 weeks in a row, twice, then it went back to withered Jim, then jumped to Frozen king for 2 weeks, back to withered jim then to Sharthos, and back to levantus.....need I go on? I know the rotation was supposed to be set but I have been playing since legion Launch and I only saw Nithog up maybe 4-5 times the whole time and he is the only one most people want.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Maruken said:

People need to understand that Blizzard can't fix everything at once. They have more important things to worry about.

I understand Completely that they cant fix every problem at once, all I ask is they fix some problems while there still relevant, don't wait till the content has progressed to where the word bosses are pointless, most people by now in legion have out geared there need for them or stopped caring all together, and I don't know what you consider "more important things to do"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, BlakeArmentrout said:

I understand Completely that they cant fix every problem at once, all I ask is they fix some problems while there still relevant, don't wait till the content has progressed to where the word bosses are pointless, most people by now in legion have out geared there need for them or stopped caring all together, and I don't know what you consider "more important things to do"

But by now, people are not looking at the world bosses for loot - the complaints are generally about things that drop recipes, artifact appearances etc.

I'm certainly not praying for Nithogg to get an 860 piece of gear.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, Azerea97 said:

Good idea, but I feel in order to make sure there are enough groups for each boss, they'd have to make it so 3 or 4 are up per week rather than all of them.  That way, you have a better chance of getting the boss you want, but you're not stuck not getting a group due to the majority of people going for J'im.

I'd hope with the amount of players there are that there'd be groups for each boss but at the same time I could easily see it being just Wither J'im groups all throughout the group finder, but I suppose that's why players can make their own or just ask guildies since a 5 man group can down most of the launch world bosses with ease at this point in time.

Edited by Durf24

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, BlakeArmentrout said:

I have been saying this exact same thing now for months :D

Honestly Imo , and I know this would never happen for what ever reason, is to remove the concept of the "rare spawn" all together and have all rare elites or what ever up all the time so people dont wait weeks and weeks to ever see them, but just adjust there drop rate so it still feels rare but with out the wasted time camping, who wants to sit around for hours to weeks only to get nothing? This way they would have a 100% shot at the kill but the loot would still be rare to preserve what they where trying to achieve.

By rare elites do you mean the rares on Draenor that dropped the mounts like Silthide or Poundfist? Because if so, I can totally understand I stayed awake for 4 days straight waiting for Poundfist to spawn back in WoD simply because I wanted a gronnling mount but at the same time I can understand people getting upset over not getting what they want to drop from killing it if it is a once a day kill system or like Huolon who's mount drop is ridiculously low.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Blainie said:

But by now, people are not looking at the world bosses for loot - the complaints are generally about things that drop recipes, artifact appearances etc.

I'm certainly not praying for Nithogg to get an 860 piece of gear.

Yes most people are, I too have been waiting for Nithog for the fury appearance for a long long time now

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Durf24 said:

By rare elites do you mean the rares on Draenor that dropped the mounts like Silthide or Poundfist? Because if so, I can totally understand I stayed awake for 4 days straight waiting for Poundfist to spawn back in WoD simply because I wanted a gronnling mount but at the same time I can understand people getting upset over not getting what they want to drop from killing it if it is a once a day kill system or like Huolon who's mount drop is ridiculously low.

Yes I was more so talking about any and all "rare spawns" but certainly the ones that have week long waits, I have a hunter that will probably never see Skoll in his lifetime to tame :( as I have never seen him alive or dead or even tamed by other hunters ( not to mention there are 6-7 hunters camping his spots at any given time) and I have been playing since Wrath's launch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BlakeArmentrout said:

Yes I was more so talking about any and all "rare spawns" but certainly the ones that have week long waits, I have a hunter that will probably never see Skoll in his lifetime to tame :( as I have never seen him alive or dead or even tamed by other hunters ( not to mention there are 6-7 hunters camping his spots at any given time) and I have been playing since Wrath's launch.

I completely understand, I used to main BM hunter when I started playing shortly after the release of the Sunwell patch up until the end of MoP simply because I just wanted to collect pets but that became a huge problem when cross realm zoning came to the game and I was competing with 6 other hunters for spirit beasts or other various rare spawn pets. Now I play a rogue so I can just sneak past everything when I don't feel like killing, like in LFR.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 26/07/2017 at 9:21 PM, Durf24 said:

I'd hope with the amount of players there are that there'd be groups for each boss but at the same time I could easily see it being just Wither J'im groups all throughout the group finder, but I suppose that's why players can make their own or just ask guildies since a 5 man group can down most of the launch world bosses with ease at this point in time.

This is the most likely, for sure there would be the occasional group for other bosses, but it'd be packed with Jim and Nithogg, I'm sure.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 27/07/2017 at 10:19 AM, BlakeArmentrout said:

Yes I was more so talking about any and all "rare spawns" but certainly the ones that have week long waits, I have a hunter that will probably never see Skoll in his lifetime to tame :( as I have never seen him alive or dead or even tamed by other hunters ( not to mention there are 6-7 hunters camping his spots at any given time) and I have been playing since Wrath's launch.

But it does kind of reward the people that just sit there and wait it out until they finally get it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/29/2017 at 10:26 AM, Blainie said:

But it does kind of reward the people that just sit there and wait it out until they finally get it. 

Yeah I get that the wait is part of the challenge, I just wish it wasn't such a long wait or feel like I am just wasting that time instead of accomplishing something elsewhere.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 30/07/2017 at 0:39 PM, BlakeArmentrout said:

Yeah I get that the wait is part of the challenge, I just wish it wasn't such a long wait or feel like I am just wasting that time instead of accomplishing something elsewhere.

You do kind of have to allocate your time though and, there was probably times in the past where others wasted time sitting there and waited for it. If you push for a specific pet, you're choosing to go for it as a priority over other things like achievements etc.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Similar Content

    • By Starym
      It's the weekend of the machinimas it seems, as another big hitter has entered the ring. Ivan Kuzkin aka IKedit is continuing his class series and we get an explosive trailer for it! Our good friend the warrior with the awesome armor makes a comeback from the recent esports 2020 mix, and is joined by a lot of other classes, with hunters, shamans and paladins getting some damn cool shots as well.
      We're incredibly excited for the continuation of the series, and you can check out the druid full video, as well as the original teaser below:
       
       

      Related IKedit videos:
      Secrets of Ulduar Remastered
      Best of 2019 PvP Cinematic & More
      Extinction Machinima - Sargeras' Sword Vs. Azeroth
      Fall of the Lich King
      The Wrathgate
      Fury of the Sunwell
      The Black Temple
      The Gods of Zul'Aman
      Demon Hunters Machinima
    • By Stan
      In the latest round of Shadowlands class changes, Blizzard capped Death and Decay's Scourge Strike to hit five targets, and Shadow Priests received some significant changes, including new talents.
      Death Knight
      Unholy
      Death and Decay - While you remain within the area, your Scourge Strike will hit all up to 4 enemies near the target. Monk
      Brewmaster
      Celestial Brew - Purifying Stagger damage increases absorption by up to 400% 200%. Purifying Brew - Increases the absorption of your next Celestial Brew by up to 400% 200%, based on your current level of Stagger. Priest
      Baseline
      Shadow Word: Death - A word of dark binding that inflicts [ 210% 160% of Spell Power ] Shadow damage to the target. If the target is not killed by Shadow Word: Death, the caster takes damage equal to the damage inflicted upon the target. Damage increased by 100% 150% to targets below 20% health. The spell no longer generates Insanity. Shadow
      Void Eruption cast time reduced from 2.5 to 1.5 seconds. The ability now has a 1.5 min cooldown. Mind Flay is now a 4-sec cast (was 3). Assaults the target's mind with Shadow energy, causing [ 148.48% 197.97% of Spell Power ] Shadow damage over 3 4 sec and slowing their movement speed by 50%. Voidform has been given a 90-sec cooldown and increases your damage by 20% for 15 seconds. The "legacy" Insanity-draining effect can still be achieved through the redesigned Legacy of the Void talent. The spell now refreshes the cooldown of Mind Blast and you gain 2 charges while in Voidform. Mind Blast (Rank 2) now reduces the cooldown of Mind Blast by 7.5 seconds (was 7). Devouring Plague - Afflicts the target with a disease that instantly causes 0 [ 150% of Spell Power ] Shadow damage plus an additional 0 [ 300% of Spell Power ] Shadow damage over 12 6 sec. Heals you for 50% of damage dealt. Dark Thoughts is a new baseline proc. For each of your Shadow damage over time effects on the target, your Mind Flay and Mind Sear have a 2% chance to trigger a Dark Thought, stacking up to 5 times. Dark Thought - Increases the number of charges of Mind Blast by 1, Mind Blast can be cast instantly, and can be cast while channelling Mind Flay or Mind Sear. Shadowy Apparitions was redesigned. When you use Mind Blast, Devouring Plague or Void Bolt you also create a shadowy version of yourself that floats towards all targets afflicted by your Vampiric Touch dealing [ 25% of Spell Power ] Shadow damage. Critical strikes will cause two Apparitions to be created. Talents
      Tier 15 Shadowy Insight has been removed. Shadow Word: Void has been removed. Death and Madness is now available on this tier. New Talent: Unfurling Darkness – After casting Vampiric Touch on a target, your next Vampiric Touch is instant cast and deals [ 155% of Spell Power ] Shadow damage immediately. This effect cannot occur more than once every 15 sec. Tier 40 New Talent: Psychic Link – Mind Blast deals 60% of its damage to all targets afflicted by your Vampiric Touch within 40 yards. Tier 45 Lingering Insanity has been removed. Dark Void has been removed. New Talent: Searing Nightmare – Instantly deals [ 90% of Spell Power ] Shadow damage to enemies around the target and afflicts them with Shadow Word: Pain. If the enemy is already afflicted by your Shadow Word: Pain, Searing Nightmare deals double damage. Only usable while channelling Mind Sear. New Talent: Damnation – Instantly afflicts the target with Shadow Word: Pain, Vampiric Touch and Devouring Plague free of cost. The spell has a 45-sec cooldown. Void Torrent – No longer pauses your Insanity while used, but now refreshes the duration of your Shadow damage over time effects on the target while its channeling. Tier 50 Dark Ascension has been removed. Legacy of the Void re-designed – Voidform no longer has a duration. However, during Voidform your Insanity will drain increasingly fast until it reaches 0 and Voidform ends. Void Form increases spell damage by an additional 5%. Surrender to Madness – Now has a 1.5 min cooldown (down from 2 mins). New Talent: Ancient Madness – Entering Voidform increases your critical strike by 30% for 15 sec, reducing by 2% every sec. PvP Talents
      New Talent: Lasting Plague – Increases the duration of your Devouring Plague by 6 sec. Warlock
      Affliction
      Mastery: Potent Afflictions - Mastery now includes Malefic Rapture. More Shadowlands Class Changes
       Death Knight  Mage  Rogue Death Knight 9.0.1 Class Changes
      Mage 9.0.1 Class Changes
      Rogue 9.0.1 Class Changes
       Demon Hunter  Monk  Shaman Demon Hunter 9.0.1 Class Changes
      Monk 9.0.1 Class Changes
      Shaman 9.0.1 Class Changes
       Druid  Paladin  Warlock Druid 9.0.1 Class Changes
      Paladin 9.0.1 Class Changes
      Warlock 9.0.1 Class Changes
       Hunter  Priest  Warrior Hunter 9.0.1 Class Changes
      Priest 9.0.1 Class Changes
      Warrior 9.0.1 Class Changes
      Related Shadowlands Beta Build 35432 News
      Beta Build 35432 Dev Notes: August 5th Great Vault Requirement Changes: Beta Build 35432 Regalia of the Fabled Adventurers Heirloom Set in Shadowlands Hunters Can Tame Cloud Serpents and Undead Beasts in Shadowlands Wands Can Be Transmogrified Into Other Weapon Types in Shadowlands Blizzard Adds Reckful as Rogue Trainer in Shadowlands Blizzard Retiring Old Experience Potions in Shadowlands All Rogue Legendary Powers in Shadowlands Spreadsheet of Target Caps By Limit Motion Sickness Accessibility Options in Shadowlands
    • By Stan
      Hurricane has released the full Black Temple 2020 trailer today.
      The trailer took 10 months to make and it's been made entirely in Cinema 4D with the use of in-game footage.
    • By Stan
      The Corruption Effects Vendor has reset, bringing us a new batch of Preserved Contaminants that can be purchased from MOTHER for Echoes of Ny'alotha. The latest rotation includes Rank 3 Echoing Void and Surging Vitality.
      Did You Know?
      The Corruption system will be removed in the Shadowlands pre-patch. Blizzard recently pushed a hotfix that acts as a cap for Corruption. If your character has more than 200 Corruption equipped, they will die in a matter of seconds (Inescapable Consequences). List of Preserved Contaminants on Sale Through August 11th
      When will MOTHER reset in my region? Check out the countdown here!
      Deadly Momentum  (Rank 1 // 15 Corruption) for 4,125 Echoes of Ny'alotha Your critical hits have a chance to increase your Critical Strike for 31 for 30 seconds, stacking up to 5 times. Twilight Devastation (Rank 1 // 25 Corruption) for 6,250 Echoes of Ny'alotha Your attacks have a chance to trigger a beam of Twilight Devastation, dealing damage equal to 6% of your Health to all enemies in front of you. Twisted Appendage (Rank 2 // 35 Corruption) for 7,875 Echoes of Ny'alotha Your attacks have a chance to spawn a tentacle which Mind Flays your target for Shadow damage every second for 10 seconds. Versatile (Rank 2 // 15 Corruption) for 4,125 Echoes of Ny'alotha Increases the amount of Versatility you gain from all sources by 9%. Echoing Void (Rank 3 // 60 Corruption) for 12,000 Echoes of Ny'alotha Your damaging abilities build the Echoing Void. Each time it builds, Echoing Void has a chance to collapse, dealing 1% of your Health as Shadow damage to all nearby enemies every second until no stacks remain. Surging Vitality (Rank 3 // 35 Corruption) for 7,875 Echoes of Ny'alotha Taking damage has a chance to increase your Versatility by 801 for 20 seconds. Find out more about Corrupted Items in Visions of N'zoth and future rotations in our guide.
    • By Stan
      Rextroy is back with a new video, where he one-shots 20 players with a single Chaos Bolt thanks to the Void Ritual Corruption Effect. 
      It took Rextroy a while to come up with a new video because he had to gear up his Warlock from scratch and farm Echoes of Ny'alotha to make this work since Blizzard recently implemented Inescapable Consequences that kills you when you have more than 200 Corruption equipped at once.
      Void Ritual is the perfect Corruption Effect that increases the damage of Chaos Bolt since the damage scales with Critical Strike, Mastery, and Versatility.
      The Bane of Havoc PvP Talent allows you to hit as many people with Chaos Bolt as you need.
      Rextroy also had to gather Azerite pieces with Crashing Chaos and Chaotic Inferno to make this work. The Essences used for this combo are Worldvein Resonance and Replica of Knowledge (The Formless Void). Important are also Gladiator's Badge and the Fireblood racial. You get an additional 12% damage increase from Grimoire of Supremacy, so all these effect combined will substantially increase the damage of Chaos Bolt.
      There's also a workaround for Inescapable Consequences. Simply, removing your Void Ritual gear after you get the proc makes it keep stacking up the secondary stats at full power, allowing you to enter combat with your normal gear together with an instane stat boost.
      Check out the video below for more information!
×
×
  • Create New...