FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
trap1021

Need help with mm dps

Idtrapdat-dethecus  character name

logs-https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/us/dethecus/idtrapdat

btag-Austifer#1452

hello I switched to marksman since bm was shit I normally don't go for flavor of the month but I had better gear and legos for marks so I made the switch. Ever since I switched to marksman I have been having problems and I feel at this point I can do no more reading of this icy viens guide that will help I need someone to tell me in another way exactly what I'm doing wrong .

one thing I changed that "FELT" better to me was too arcane shot too 115 focus then do 3 aimshots idk if that's my problem but I feel marked shotting at 70 focus then arcane then 2 aimshots is basically the same thing BUT I may be wrong. I really need some help and I welcome all criticism and any pointers don't be afraid to add me and chat with me thanks you so much

Your logs look good to me, and your dps went up after switching to MM, so I don't see any issue, or at least it's not obvious.

My impression is that waiting to fill the focus bar so you can shoot 3 is slightly worse because you end up shooting your first aimed shot at the very beginning of vulnerable, when patient sniper hasn't built up yet. The difference is small in any case. After shooting 3 aimed shots you will spend more time just spamming arcane shot to fill the focus bar all the way again, but that can even be advantageous if you need time to move around. FIlling the focus bar is also more prone to waste focus, but that depends on how good you are at avoiding overcapping it.

thanks I appreciate the help I actually got  some replys on another forum saying the same thing that 3 aim shots wasent great so I'm gunna work on not doing that thanks so much for the help

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Skaboy
      <Fun is for Casuals> is a serious but casual horde guild on US-Hyjal. We are serious about raiding without the intense hours. Even when recruitment status is none, we will accept exceptional applications for all classes.
      Our raid times are Tuesday and Thursday from 5:30PM to 8:30PM server (PST) with raid invitations sent out a few minutes prior to that.
      We're interested in you if you fit the following criteria:
      Raid attendance is essential. We don't want people sitting on the bench but we also want to make sure we're raiding 6 hours per week. We expect you to be available for at least 90% of our raids. Be on time and prepared for raids. This includes flasks and other consumables. Discord is mandatory and a working mic is desired. You're appropriately geared for our current content. Effort and thought have been put into your gear/gem/enchant choices. You wouldn't show up for a job interview looking like a *filtered*, why would you apply to a guild with improper gems or some insane spec? You're up to date with your class. We expect our raiders to perform to the best of their abilities. You have a computer that's not run with hamster power or requires a hand crank. Some encounters are taxing on a computer's resources so if your toon can't even handle Orgrimmar it's not likely to do well with 20+ whelps that need AOE'ing. You may be interested in us because:
       <Fun is for Casuals> uses the personal loot system. There is no loot council, or DKP. We won't eat your babies the first time you stand in something you have no business being in. Repeatedly do it and we'll break out the bibs and BBQ sauce. We provide a limited amount of consumables and flasks on hard mode raid nights.  Discord isn't a circus during raids. We're focused on the job at hand and you should be too. We don't want someone to miss a an interrupt because they were distracted by fart jokes. We are not interested in you if you fit the following criteria:
      You roll on BoE items then sell them. Unwilling/unable to spend an entire evening on one boss during progression. While this is rare, it can happen. Drama queens. If you have a problem bring it up to E. This is his job. Don't announce it in guild chat or during a raid. Your issue will have nothing to do with 99% of the guild. You are 17 or younger. We try to keep guild and discord chat PG-13 but occasionally a few four letter words appear out of nowhere. Additionally, we don't want someone's mom interrupting their raiding to get homework or the dishes done. Follow the instructions at https://gow.gg/fun-is-for-casuals under the Recruitment tab if you would like to apply.
    • By Daevilmonkie
      Welcome Adventurers! The time has come upon us, FINALLY! The moment in Classic WoW history us diehard, loyal WoW nerds have all been waiting for. WRATH CLASSIC! Arthas Did Nothing Wrong (ADNW) has just begun recruiting (For WotLK Classic) hard-core, casual, rp, pvp, pve, raiders, anything you can think of, you are welcomed here. Although our main focus in ADNW will be progressive raiding, 10 and 25 man and pvp content, we look to have someone for just about anything. Currently we are recruiting for our CORE 10M team composed entirely of irl / internet homies. We are in need of just 1 HEALER (Highly prefer a disc priest with a shadow off spec) and another DPS. Preferably lock or Shadow priest. We are looking to fill our B 10m team entirely, so we can pool together for 25 man’s when it comes time to crush 25m. This guild was founded by a group of tight nit friends recently, who have been around since TBC. WOTLK was our turning point in WoW, and we CANNOT wait to get another crack at this and MAKE IT RIGHT. Come join the adventure of a chill environment full of helpful hands and knowledge. Feel free to reach out to me Via Discord: Daevilmonkiexp#9239 OR Bnet: Daevilmonkie#1280 just let me know you are interested in the guild and we can have a convo! ARTHAS DID NOTHING WRONG!
    • By Jonesy0000
      Hi Team
      I am recently returning from a few years away from the game and I have decided to go back to my much loved main throughout wrath, the feral druid. I have always been a cut above the rest and managed to be top dps all through wrath. 
      I was reading your guide and noticed in the talents you don't take savage roar. Can you explain the match behind this as to me it seems like the more viable option. 
    • By Aereth
      <Tempest> of Khaz'goroth/Dath'remar is recruiting!
      We are a laid back 21+ guild based in Australia for the most part. We understand that some don't have a large amount of time to commit to raiding due to real life commitments- jobs, kids, hassles etc 😛
      Because of this we are dedicated to providing a stress free raiding environment 2 days per week in addition to an active social community. 
      Social apps are available for all classes and levels! If this sounds like the guild for you please contact us!
      Previous tier progression was 1/7M and 3/3H
      Raiding info:
      We raid from 8pm sharp server time Sundays and Wednesdays for 3 hours and predominantly use loot council for loot distribution.
      Recruitment openings: 
      1x Tank- any class - must also be comfortable dpsing
      DPS with healing offspecs
      -WW Monk
      -Shadow Priest
      -Ret Paladin
      -Enh or Ele Shaman
      -Feral or boomkin druid
      We would also consider the following DPS classes without a healing OS
      DH
      warlock
      rogue
      DK
      druid
      We will of course give consideration to those who fall outside our recruitment needs if you think you may be a good fit for Tempest.
      If this sounds like you, or you would like some more info please pst or mail Aereth (Aereth#1439).
    • By Thawn
      Intergalactic is an AOTC/Mythic progression guild now recruiting for Shadowlands raiding and M+.  We are a group of friends who were interested in the fun of raiding while understanding that life responsibilities take precedent. We are a combination of new and returning players from various expansions. While social players are always welcomed, we are more specifically looking for players who are interested in a fun, relaxed environment to progress through content. We do run M+ keys, transmog/gear and achievement runs when possible.
      Intergalactic did not run as a guild during Bfa. We had members getting bored with Bfa content and decided to spend their time on other things. We did do some content with some of the guilds in our community group. Our last guild raids were in Legion. The majority of our core has come back in anticipation for Shadowlands. We are excited to be back as an active guild on Korgath and it's connected realms. We look forward to having you join us!  (Korgath is connected with  Cairne, Cenarius, Frostmane, Ner’zhul, Perenolde, and Tortheldrin.
      What we expect from all of our Members:
      In short, “Be excellent to each other.” We’re not looking for members filled with drama and toxicity. We’re all friends here and while we may not all agree on a particular subject, it can be discussed in a friendly, constructive, and respectful manner. A good sense of humor is a must. We aren’t looking for Members who only log in on raid days. Other events will be on the calendar, as well, and we hope that you’ll sign up and attend.
      What we expect from our Raiders:
      Raiders are to sign up on the calendar for events. If you are going to be late or if you will be unable to attend at the last-minute, please notify the GM, Raid Lead or an Officer as soon as possible.
      Raiders are expected to log in approximately 15 minutes prior to raid start and be outside the raid with consumables and enhancements. We will provide feasts, cauldrons, and repairs. We can provide extra food, enchants, gems when available, all we ask for is either a monetary donation or help with crafting materials.
      Raiders are expected to be prepared with knowledge of raid mechanics, as well as class-specific knowledge. Know your strengths and weaknesses and be willing to openly receive and give helpful constructive criticism when needed.
      Raiders are expected to be progression-oriented, with the understanding that some mechanics/fights may take multiple attempts. We can’t progress through raids without everyone working as a team to try and work through the mechanics.
      Raiders who are capable of playing multiple classes/specs may be asked to switch to a more appropriate character to work through particular mechanics. We maintain a smaller roster and sometimes rotate people in based on fight specifications.
      Raid Days/Times: Wednesday/Friday at 8pm Server/9pm EST, possible carryover on Saturdays
      Roles Needed: Ranged DPS and/or multi-spec players
      We require:
      Discord
      Deadly Boss Mods
      Details! Damage Meter (preferred)
      If you think that we would be a good fit, please send a DM to Northeos, Nanami or Thawn. Or simply add us on Battle Tag.
      Thawn Btag MistFist#1340
      Northeos Btag Northe#1566
      Nanami Btag Tyannah#1566