FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Myreque

A weapon dilemma

Hello.

For the past two patches, I've been using two 528 item level (thunderforged) hit/expertise one handed axes as a Fury Warrior.

This week, I got the normal (553) 2h mace from General Nazgrim, which is expertise/mastery. Yay and all, but the only offhand I have for 2h is a pvp 498 weapon with crit and mastery.

Is it worth using the 553+498, or should I wait for another 522+ 2hander first?

P.S. I don't have any variant of the cooldown reduction trinket for storm bolt.

Thank you

-Myreque

I would say go 2H with this. Keep running LFR/Flex and SoO (and Normal/Heroic ToT if you have time) to increase your chances of getting a good offhand weapon.

The much higher ilvl from the 553 mace (which you should upgrade to 561 asap) will be a good increase in DPS. Also, even without the CDR trinket, Storm Bolt will pull ahead for TG. Just make sure you save it for every other Colossus Smash.

• Like 1

Oky well... Over the past weeks, I managed to get a 528 offhand (so now i've 553+528 2handers, upgraded ofc)

However, I've also got a 553 parry/dodge one handed mace, and a 540 parry dodge mace offhand (i know right..)

Would I be better off using the 553+540 tank weapons, or just using my 553+528 2handers?

Considering the fact that the ilvl of the main hand weapon is the same for both sets, that TG is better than SMF this tier and that the stats on the 2 handers are better than the stats on the 1 handers I'd go with the 2 handers :)