FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
ArtOfTransmog

BiS Zoo BM Hunter

Hey guys, Summerhowl back again. 

First, to the mods of the site.

i apologize if i break any rules by posting a new topic when i already started one here. 

Plz correct whatever error i may have committed. i am still a forum newbie. 

Now, in my previously linked forum, i came here searching for answers on how to get the best numbers out of my build. 

To Recap, i am running a Zoo build with Seven Lions and Soul of the Hunt Master, and my talent build is WotC/Stomp/OwtP/Murder (Interchangeable with Volley)/KC. I Recently hit 35% crit as i was informed to previously, and i have a variety of legendaries to possibly match up, yet The Mantle of Command, Parsels Tongue and Qa'pla still evade me. 

So my questions now are this. 

- Is my talent build "correct" or optimized for best dps? 

- *I am running a 6 piece, 4 piece from Tomb and 2 piece from Nighthold, as is required for a zoo build. I am trying to optimize what 4 and 2 piece    i should be running.  i have a 905 Helm and Pants from NH, but i also have all the tier pieces 890 from NH, and a 915 Helm from Tomb, 920 Gloves from Tomb, 940 Cape from Tomb, and 905 Chest from Tomb, as can be seen on my Bnet Here --> https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/ravenholdt/summerhowl

- Are my legendaries "optimized"? Are Mantle of Command and Parsel's tongue really THAT strong? I prefer using stomp so the dire beast glyph remains active. 

- I've reached crit 35% as was recommended. I should try and maintain this 35% and then try and boost my haste and mast from now on right?

- What Trinkets should i be pursuing? AMR is still really vague and i have trouble balancing procs with stats from Azorthian's Trinket list on the BM page. 

- What Artifact relics are best with Zoo? Slithering Serpents, Pack Leader and Jaws of Thunder apparently are best, but is there any obvious superior choice? 

- How important is it to pursue "ancient" upgrades from NH, like a strong TF roll on tier gloves, or Iron Relic from G'danny? 

Any thoughts or advice would be much appreciated, thx a ton <3

Edited by ArtOfTransmog

There are no definitive BiS items for BM in any way shape or form at the moment. You have the 2pc and 4pc items required to run the stomp build, however even legendaries are entirely based on your other items currently. I currently run Roar and Prydaz and it yields the highest sim and actual results for me.

In terms of trinkets, you'd probably want to swap out your Cradle for an Arcanocrystal or really anything else tbh, especially since you're still working on progression at the moment. Cradle can work well if you run something like prydaz to match since you don't have to focus on losing health so much, but an Arcanocyrstal would give you more base stats and probably work better.

For re-running NH endlessly aiming for high TF items, if you can do it I would actually recommend it, especially if you've got 885 shoulders. Mythic Tich is quite easy now if you know the strat and 20+ ilvls on your shoulders might be nice.

Regarding your stat priority, hitting 35% isn't a magical cap as it was once thought, just aim for whatever sims highest. Currently your sims show you with M 29.12 C 28.48 and H 27.16, which means they're all so close in value that the biggest upgrade for you will be ilvl, hence the re-running mythic NH.

Stop using AMR, use raidbots.com, it works far better, and far quicker. It runs off actual Simulationcraft data rather than whatever AMR uses which never actually syncs up.

For artifacts, if you run Killer Cobra, then Jaws is still the best, if you switch to AotB down the line, then Slithering Serpents will be the best.

Don't stress about the legendaries you do or don't have, just try swapping some items around with other legendaries and see what sims the best. Say for example you had a 930 crit/mastery ring, Prydaz might sim higher for you since you'd be swapping out a 900 neck (compared to soul of the huntmaster that is).

• Like 3

On 7/28/2017 at 6:29 PM, ArtOfTransmog said:

- Are my legendaries "optimized"? Are Mantle of Command and Parsel's tongue really THAT strong? I prefer using stomp so the dire beast glyph remains active.

The guide was updated and it doesn't recommend any particular legendary anymore, instead it recommends simming your character. Results vary a lot with gear. For most intents and purposes, they are currently quite well balanced, and often the best legendaries will be simply the ones that replace your otherwise lowest ilvl pieces. That situation makes it impossible to predict "in general" what will work best with your gear. However, if you have good tier 19, it usually won't be worth it to break the set 2-piece in order to wear the chest or the shoulder.

• Like 1

Right to answer your question, Yes belt + ring is by far best for your build and currently by far the best for the spec ( DIsregard the extremely misguiding sims in the begging of the guide they are both incorrect and requires alot, and i mean alot, of seperate build setup to match the standard zoo-build).

As for the set pieces you are running i would reccommend aiming for having hands or cape + legs from nh and the rest from Tos. For your situation however the choice between head from nh or Tos is not that important since both have good stats on them( even tho Tos one is ahead by a small margin considering crit pulling ahead of haste). Bt imo you should keep what you have for now and look for doing NH mythic pugs ( atleast for first 3 to get the cape) and until you do just run with head and legs NH. 

5 hours ago, Najjic said:

Right to answer your question, Yes belt + ring is by far best for your build and currently by far the best for the spec ( DIsregard the extremely misguiding sims in the begging of the guide they are both incorrect and requires alot, and i mean alot, of seperate build setup to match the standard zoo-build).

That's a pretty inaccurate and blanket statement regarding BiS legendaries. There is no definite BiS for BM atm, it's based on what sims highest and what your lowest ilvl piece would be. Prydaz is my second highest simming legendary after the belt, but if I get Qa'pla then the boots + prydaz are my BiS legendaries in terms of stats.

That's the beauty of the zoo-build, there is nothing set in stone other than 2pc T19 4pc T20 to get the best results. A lot of hunters are running prydaz or sephuz atm.

Just continue to sim all possible options that won't break your tier sets.

12 hours ago, Luthixx said:

There is no definite BiS for BM atm, it's based on what sims highest and what your lowest ilvl piece would be.

Not 100% accurate....once you get up to mythic sisters Prdya becomes BIS even if it drops your dps by 20k. 

3 hours ago, Banard said:

Not 100% accurate....once you get up to mythic sisters Prdya becomes BIS even if it drops your dps by 20k. 

It doesn't seem like it. The rate of people using Prydaz definitely seems to increase for sisters on mythic, but not for the rest of the fights, even bosss after sisters. I don't see from logs any consensus for Prydaz being used by the majority of mythic raiders. It's around 10% to 15% of people for most fights.

Edited by Khallid

11 hours ago, Banard said:

For most hunters prydaz is a solid dps choice anyway, can agree though; mythic sisters is a horrible fight, the amount of raidwide dps is insane!

8 hours ago, ArtOfTransmog said:

Hey Guys

Thanks for all the responses. But right now my main questions are in regard to proper relics and trinkets. i am honestly baffled on this subject.

In terms of relics and sims, just go to raidbots.com and use the relic compare and gear compare functions to see what items you have or might be able to get that could be better. If you compare all the trinkets from ToS in varying combinations and at different ilvls you'll find your answers there. Or try BTI or Arcano at 880 for example, they might sim even higher.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Luthixx said:

In terms of relics and sims, just go to raidbots.com and use the relic compare and gear compare functions to see what items you have or might be able to get that could be better. If you compare all the trinkets from ToS in varying combinations and at different ilvls you'll find your answers there. Or try BTI or Arcano at 880 for example, they might sim even higher.

Been getting tier this expansion, but no rings/trinkets/neck excepting a N sentinel (but not overwhelming better than my NH trinkets).  After it was all said and done, I have 5 pc T20 most of which either TF or WF, and my 6 pc from T19  H.   Simming with Stomp, my 880 BTI is higher with Stompo, and the 900 Sentinels with DF.  Need to try out AotB.

It seems that Blizzard tried to make it so that no matter what gear or leggo you have, there's a talent to take advantage of the gear.  TBQH, I'm tired of spamming CS/KC.  I still miss too many KCs.