FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Dakumbra

Affliction DPS Logs

You cannot look too closely at rankings on Avatar as some locks fully dot the Maiden at all times as well. However, yes you do have quite a few game play issues which you can work on.

Agony dropped from Avatar (boss) 3 times, Corruption 13+. Is your UI fit for purpose?

Agony also dropped a lot from Maiden but that may have been intentional to keep the damage on her low. 

Drain uptime 22% which is really low. Unless you can increase that a lot you would probably be better going with WiA.

Need to fully drain your UAs better.

Work on your opener. 

It seems like you got good returns with SC sometimes but ideally with MG try to avoid casting so many UAs at once. You are not getting to drain them and your Contagion uptime will probably be lower. Also unless you're nearing the end of the fight or know that you cannot DPS for a while going to 0 Soulshards either isn't usually the best choice.

Slightly long gap between some PS.

Need to work on your reap usage/drain cycles. I see 5 UAs dumped on 0 or 5 second reap (which is normally never a good idea anyhow on 1 soul) and one 1 UA dumped and then Reap used.

2 pot and BL/Hero is used when you have no souls/reap. Start saving up when you know it's coming.  

Ooming tends to throw people so try to avoid it. Get used to using it on movement when you're below say 75% MP.

Use Burning Rush more if you do talent it.

Gear wise you probably want to target mastery a little more but for that you're best learning to sim (Raidbots is super user friendly if you haven't before). You're also missing a back enchant.

Good luck.

If you haven't yet also read the guide at http://lockonestopshop.com/#!/Affliction/Introduction and watch 

• Like 1

Drain uptime 22%

Hey thanks for the analysis, even if it's not my log, still interesting to read.

How many should we typically target on  ST fights ?

6 minutes ago, bobifle said:

Hey thanks for the analysis, even if it's not my log, still interesting to read.

How many should we typically target on  ST fights ?

On heroic Goroth, Sisters and Maiden parses I've seen Drain Soul uptimes with over 45% (and these were top logs so they probably had a lot of UA casts as well). However, to some point these were very short fights and they were also probably lucky and did not have to move too much. 

Avatar is a little different as you should be switching target up to 4 times and will be spending extra globals on dotting the maiden if you can get away with it in your raid. Even so if the player is dotting both targets every time with Agony and Corruption they can still get above 30% uptime.

Of course soaking puddles and Dark Marks must take priority over turreting and that is why on heroic for progress I actually went WiA so I don't have to worry about drain uptime. It is not always the correct choice though for people who are very good at minimising their movement and positioning but it was definitely higher boss damage for me. Ultimately on Patchwerk (non-movement) sims only have the 2 talents about 5% apart on ST and I prefer WiA gameplay by a landslide!

Thanks, 30% seems reasonable, I'm an average player and I usually end up between 30 and 36%.

Off topic but I dislike WiA, imo the drain cycle is what spices up the affli rotation. MG make me think I'm not totally useless during DPS burst phases. I guess it's just a matter of preferences.