casperhoward19

not sure to go stomp or dire

Sign in to follow this  

6 posts in this topic

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/eu/bronzebeard/swiftspanner#rankingzone=11

hi all with the gear that i have would it be better for stomp or dire frenzy i have all legos for bm

also when i simmed my gear its saying

Haste

Crit

Mastery

Agi

Vers

Edited by casperhoward19

Raidbots.com

Swap some gear sets around to get high mastery and see what DF offers, or swap some around and get 2pc T19 and high crit and see what the Zoo build offers.

If you don't have 2pc T19 you may find that DF sims higher.

Looking at all your kills, you should have plenty of gear to set up for either build. 

Like Luthixx said, sim yourself on raidbots with various and gear and specs, and it will give you a theoretical dps. DF will probably be higher (4pt20 w/ legendary belt and chest is my guess - stack mastery). For Stomp you will probably get the best results with 4pt20 (+2pt19 if possible) with legendary belt and huntermaster ring -stack crit ish. HOWEVER, play what you like playing. Assuming you are equally good at playing both builds, they are close enough that if you get some good RNG, stomp will be better. That is why most all the top BM parses are stomp. For example, you run the sims and it says DF is 1 million dps but Stomp is only 985k. That alone is close enough for me to say play what you enjoy. In game though, DF will consistently deliver the 1 million. Stomp on the other hand will have passes that are bad luck 900k or good luck and hit 1.1 million or normal passes at the 985k. 

Instead of thinking about Stomp or Dire Frenzy you should switch Aspect of the Beast to Killer Cobra.

As far as I know, Aspect of the Beast is only viable when wearing Qa'pla, which you are not. Therefore, change that talent or swap legendaries. The rotation is very different when using Qa'pla though, and it pushes the stat weights more heavily towards crit.

Edited by Khallid

23 hours ago, Khallid said:

Instead of thinking about Stomp or Dire Frenzy you should switch Aspect of the Beast to Killer Cobra.

As far as I know, Aspect of the Beast is only viable when wearing Qa'pla, which you are not. Therefore, change that talent or swap legendaries. The rotation is very different when using Qa'pla though, and it pushes the stat weights more heavily towards crit.

AotB is still viable without boots, but dependent on stats then KC might be better. I was running AotB for a few weeks until I got some upgrades that's now pushed KC ahead again. Always worth simming to see the difference. AotB is a lot harder to stuff up and lets you focus more on ensuring you get every Kill Command and enjoy using your DB procs.