FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Sarumhann

Stats or Set Bonus?

So basically I have most of the normal mode Tier 20  and almost all of the Warlock and neutral legendary's there are. My question is what is of more value for raiding the 4 piece set bonus or raw stat bonuses when it comes to gearing and "BiS" ? What's the current thought on this matter from you higher up raiders out there?

That's really going to depend on the item level of your tier set, the item level of your potential off-pieces, your legendary items and what spec you're talking about.  Due to WF & TF there's no real 'BiS' anymore.  

I'd suggest going to raidbots.com and simmng the various combinations.   

There is no such thing as BiS anymore outside of legendaries and trinkets. Because of the WF/TF system it is totally possible for an item from Emerald Nightmare to be as good or better as one from Mythic ToS.

Generally speaking, unless you can replace all 4 items in your 4pc with off set items that are 15-20ilvl better than what your set items are and they all have good stats for you, the 4pc will be hands down better. 

Easy way to check is to sim. Or you could just ignore it and use 4pc all the time because the situation where 4pc will not be best is very unlikely anyways.

All of the 4 piece bonuses are really strong. At one point I went from 915 equipped to 907 to pick up the set bonus, and I was still gaining DPS. It didn't matter which spec I chose, but it's worth noting that Demonology's 4pc is only valuable on single target or low target cleave where you will be using Dreadstalkers on cooldown, and Destruction's similarly is strongest for 1-2 targets where you will be using a lot of Chaos Bolts. Affliction's bonus is strong on any number of targets.

Edited by Tarazet