FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Moloch

Druid vs DK

Hello,

First of all, sorry for my english. :)

I know there are tons of the same topics, but they didn’t help me much.

I want start to play Legion and i can’t decide which one DK or Druid. My main is usualy tank but, I want to play also like decent dps. I think UDK/BD both are on same lvl ?

I like both GD and BDK, I don’t know how they stand right now I know GD got some nerf and BDK buff.

But in general is still GB best tank and what about BDK is he decent or crappy.

Also there is one big question – 7.3 I read about GD T21 and have very bad set bonus.

What do you think about DK bonuses. When bone shield is consumed the cooldown of DRW is reduced by 3s, 4p When DRW fades, rune regeneration is increased by 15% for 10 sec. I know it’s just PTR but still.

I will be glad for every opinion.

Thanks

I play a Blood DK and they're doing just fine. I out DPS and in general out live our Druid tank that we have in heroic ToS(thats of course if a tank dies, its not me who dies). The new tier for BDKs look pretty interesting DRW helps with mitigation and dps so that seems really strong the 15% haste buff doesnt seem as strong but it helps considering BDK main stat is haste plus the 2 piece enhances its usefulness.

GD is still a really good tank, just there mitigation got nerfed hard in the recent patch.

As far for DPS Frost is getting a pretty big overhaul on 7.3 so that might actually be really good again.

But it's still to early to really tell, we're still months away from the patch.

Edited by alleraz

Can't say much for Druid as I haven't ever played one, but Blood DK is currently both fun and efficient, in my opinion. At first, it takes a while to get used to keep track of your Bone Shield stacks, your Blood Plague, your RP and the CD of your Vampiric Blood. Once you get a hold on those, and you reach 30% Haste, you discover the full potential of it: high DPS and even higher self-healing (which, with a full artifact weapon, can turn into extra Health).

As for T21 set bonuses, I find it quite good as it stands. DRW is incredibly useful for high damage periods because of 40% additional parry. Also, a great opener (with Mouth of HellMouth of Hell in your artifact) as you can reach 10 stacks of Bone Shield with only one use of Marrowrend instead of 3 (saving 4 runes) and incredible cleave damage for adds (Death and Decay + Gorefiend's Grasp + DRW + Blood Boil + Consumption + spamming Heart Strike = a ton of damage)

I will say this, I have Main'ed a Bear since late Wrath, and, played Well, Bears have ALWAYS been one of Best Tanks, in terms of survivability AND dps. I recently (WoD) began playing a Blood DK, and they are ALOT of fun, time will tell if I can perform as well with this Spec as I do with my Bear. Guardian Druid has always been probably the easiest to learn and perform ADEQUATELY, But a skilled, top performing Bear simply can't be beat, especially on heavy add fights. Currently, Alleraz, yes our mitigation got nerfed a bit, not "hard", by any means, but Guardian mitigation was just stupid to begin with, so, for me, the nerf is almost unnoticible. I run with Soul of the Archdruid and Archimonde's Hatred Reborn Legendaries, (mythic +'s), that may have something to do with it, but on pulls with 5 or more hard-hitting adds, i frequently burst 4-6 mil dps (using cd's, of course), i am NEVER out-dps'ed, not even by hunters or shamans. Plus, if you've been DK-Tanking for awhile, I'm sure you're probably more skilled at playing DK than you're other tank is at playing Druid. General tanking skills being equal, the learning curve for a DK is MUCH steeper. I mean, you can still face-roll a Guardian and look decent. Plus I think alot of Bears realize how easy they are to play and don't Hone their skills to try and be the best. But a HIGHLY SKILLED Bear is truly Awe-Inspiring. But to the original topic of the post, I'd say the 2 are probably neck and neck, depending solely on the skill of the player, but imo, EASILY the top 2 tank specs currently in WoW.

Edited by Tupelette

3 hours ago, Tupelette said:

I will say this, I have Main'ed a Bear since late Wrath, and, played Well, Bears have ALWAYS been one of Best Tanks, in terms of survivability AND dps. I recently (WoD) began playing a Blood DK, and they are ALOT of fun, time will tell if I can perform as well with this Spec as I do with my Bear. Guardian Druid has always been probably the easiest to learn and perform ADEQUATELY, But a skilled, top performing Bear simply can't be beat, especially on heavy add fights. Currently, Alleraz, yes our mitigation got nerfed a bit, not "hard", by any means, but Guardian mitigation was just stupid to begin with, so, for me, the nerf is almost unnoticible. I run with Soul of the Archdruid and Archimonde's Hatred Reborn Legendaries, (mythic +'s), that may have something to do with it, but on pulls with 5 or more hard-hitting adds, i frequently burst 4-6 mil dps (using cd's, of course), i am NEVER out-dps'ed, not even by hunters or shamans. Plus, if you've been DK-Tanking for awhile, I'm sure you're probably more skilled at playing DK than you're other tank is at playing Druid. General tanking skills being equal, the learning curve for a DK is MUCH steeper. I mean, you can still face-roll a Guardian and look decent. Plus I think alot of Bears realize how easy they are to play and don't Hone their skills to try and be the best. But a HIGHLY SKILLED Bear is truly Awe-Inspiring. But to the original topic of the post, I'd say the 2 are probably neck and neck, depending solely on the skill of the player, but imo, EASILY the top 2 tank specs currently in WoW.

The druid has been tanking longer than I have... Its just my heals alone make me pretty much unkillable. I never said GD are bad I just said they got nerfed and it does show in raiding, but I may have over blown it abit using "hard". In aoes yea Druids can burst hard, so can DKs if we use all CDs. But in generally my DPS on a boss is about 100-150k more than the druid tank. Granted our Ilvl is 916 so we're not top dog at all but when I can do 1million+ HPS in AOE and about 500k+in ST I just dont die.

As a BDK you do have to anticipate and be more reactive than other tanks which does increase the skill lvl required to be a good BDK. I was just lucky enough to get my best legos for my spec within a week of tanking.

Edited by alleraz

These discussions are generly not that much helping as everyone just thinks "their" class is the best as they know how to perform well on it.

Instead of thinking which of them are better you should think of what playstyle you want to tank.

GD mitigates the damage before the hit and if needed heals it up with FR, while BDK takes the hit a littlebit harder but have alot of abilities that quickly brings him up to full health. This ofcourse means that GD is abit better for soaking situations. If you're a person that likes to do m+ BDK pulls ahead alittlebit because of the selfsustain.

Both classes ofcourse work better in special situations like BDK is exepsional in magic damage encounters while GD shines in physical damage encounters.

Both classes are top tier tanks and have exciting CD:s, both classes have good raid CD:s (BDK = Gorfiends Grasp, GD = Stampeding Roar), you cant go wrong with choosing either.

To discuss the tier 21 is as you said yourself now abit early until the numbers are set but to say that BDK:s sets are better then GD doesnt really work as they only enhances the class playstyle, the BDK ones helps them take a little less direct damage (which GD already is good at) and GD sets helps them heal abit more (which BDK alreasy is good at). It just smoothes the diffirences out between the classes.

And to answer your question about the dps speccs the most easy answer would be, depends on if you prefer ranged or melee. If that doesnt matter i'd say UDK and FDK is funnier to play however BD have more raid CD:s like Stampeding Roar and also you'll be the healers best friend thanks to Innervate, and BD is in my opinion the funniest ranged in the game.

Thank you guys. You help me a lot. I also try one day play as GD and one day as BDK in dungeons . And I must say there is a huge gap between these 2. I love BDK how he is now. Also why should be only tank if i can be also healer.??.  

Last question stat priority: haste 30% - Mastery - Versatility - crit strike 

Is that right like this ? Also what is good balancing between mastery and versatility. 

Thank you guys

Druid is handy as you can heal, tank or 2 types of dps. 

DK is nice for tanking and dps, depending on your group you might need the option of another healer or a tank, kinda depends. 

BDK, haste 30% , then versa then mastery then crit for survivability or , haste, crit, versa for a dps build for stuff you outgear.