FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
AlausBaronas

AoE as Assasination rogue

So I am having real issues with applying bleeds on multiple add fights as asn rogue (mainly Mistress Sassz'ine heroic fight) as the recent tab targetting changes do not agree with me. Anyone have workarounds or tips how to actually effectively aoe without just spamming FoK and standing there with max energy and a bunch of combo points desperately cycling through random targets? Thanks :)

11 minutes ago, AlausBaronas said:

So I am having real issues with applying bleeds on multiple add fights as asn rogue (mainly Mistress Sassz'ine heroic fight) as the recent tab targetting changes do not agree with me. Anyone have workarounds or tips how to actually effectively aoe without just spamming FoK and standing there with max energy and a bunch of combo points desperately cycling through random targets? Thanks :)

*snark* Don't play sin on that fight *endsnark*

Actual response - you pretty much just have to get as many envenoms as possible and hope for a bomb.  TBH I usually just fok a couple  of times and proceed on Mistress as normal - if it procs, it procs.

48 minutes ago, MrEdren said:

*snark* Don't play sin on that fight *endsnark*

Basically, but I'm not being snarky - I'm serious :P

Or you can just not play Sin at all :D

1 hour ago, AlausBaronas said:

Anyone have workarounds or tips how to actually effectively aoe without just spamming FoK and standing there with max energy and a bunch of combo points desperately cycling through random targets?

If you're wondering about how to choose targets better, you can get an addon like TidyPlates which you can configure to show your debuffs then manually select targets.

Like Edren said though, it's usually best to stay on your current target and just move to FoK as your generator, unless the adds will live for a long time - which usually isn't the case on Heroic

My assassination rogue is doing splendidly on mistress. Fan of knives spam adds up (especially thanks to cloak) and throwing out so many ruptures often procs poison bomb (which does monstrous damage). Shoulders also help.

For me multidotting is never an issue. I have a weakaura that shows me if garrote and/or rupture is on my current target and its duration so it's just about tabbing around until I see one that does not return the aura and rupture it, rinse and repeat.

Edited by Ashiraya

2 hours ago, Ashiraya said:

it's just about tabbing around until I see one that does not return the aura and rupture it, rinse and repeat.

That is exactly my issue, as i too have the WA for my bleed timer, its just that this tabbing seems so incredibly random, it jumps to some murloc add on the other side of the room or keeps jumping to the same targets i recently applied bleeds on, and i feel like im wasting so much time and energy and cp just desperately tabbing for the right add :/ 

All that aside i might just try the 'fck all the bleeds and jus spam fok' idea :D

I'm having the same problem. 

My solution, umbral moonglaives + FoK.. if I don't find a target without rupture,, I use Envenom since both rupture and Envenom can proc poison bomb. It's a lot of tabbing, but it works. 

I'm thinking of making next attempt with cloak + boots instead of boots + bracers for the FoK big AoE-starter. 

i personally never apply rupture to more than 3 targets. even on fights like mistress or host. and unless i think they're going to be alive for it i would not apply a 5cp rupture. on host for example when adds spawn i switch from mut to FoK for cp generation. i don't rupt the other targets for damage. it's the energy return i want so i can get more envenom's and whatever off... i know this seems simple and it is. but assassination isn't built for AOE you have no CD's that affect more than one target. 

that being said. i don't know if there is currently a way to track multiple dots like you're asking (or really a need to). i thought blizz made this impossable because it was giving locks an advantage or something (this may all be a delusion i made up so don't quote me). but like suggested above the nameplates can be set to display the info you want and because you are melee the nameplates (if enabled) should always be in your feild of vision if your attacking them.

tab targeting. this is the method i use to switch and though i might have to hit it 3 times it's not difficult and i'm able to do so within a single global. but i only switch to apply the dot and only when my abilities aren't active. i suppose i've always used tab so i'm not sure what to suggest here. 

i don't know if any of this is "right" or helpful but hopefully it was

i know this is an old post, but for anyone with this issue, it might be easier to tweak weak auras to display rupture icon when not present, add a sound, and make it flash. this is what i do and it works wonderfully. while you're tabbing around you can easily determine who has rupture or not because the targets that don't will make a sound and the rupture icon will flash.

on a fight like the Mistress Sassz'ine, this makes it really easy to apply the2 or 3 ruptures you need for energy and switch back to the boss.