FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Mystaria

need help with making a Macro for a Sub Rogue

I remember WAyyyyyyyyyyy Back in Cata that the Sub rogue used a Backstab/Eviscerate macro to generate a lot of damage.

My problem is, I DON'T remember the correct setup for the macro anymore, I was out of WoW for almost 3 yrs until coming back just this past spring.

Does anyone remember the way it was setup? if so can you PLEASE post it for me.

Thanks in advance for the help. :-)

6 hours ago, Mystaria said:

I remember WAyyyyyyyyyyy Back in Cata that the Sub rogue used a Backstab/Eviscerate macro to generate a lot of damage.

My problem is, I DON'T remember the correct setup for the macro anymore, I was out of WoW for almost 3 yrs until coming back just this past spring.

Does anyone remember the way it was setup? if so can you PLEASE post it for me.

Thanks in advance for the help. :-)

You can't macro multiple casts unless only one is on the GCD - that's called botting.  Besides which, sub now has almost nothing in common with Cata-era.

Edited by MrEdren

I understand A LOT has changed since Cata, but if the macro is still a viable thing, it will be a great help for someone like me who has limited use of their hands.

I can do a lot still, but having to click on something multiple times can be a pain.

As I said, ANY HELP would be appreciated.

21 hours ago, Mystaria said:

I understand A LOT has changed since Cata, but if the macro is still a viable thing, it will be a great help for someone like me who has limited use of their hands.

I can do a lot still, but having to click on something multiple times can be a pain.

As I said, ANY HELP would be appreciated.

Due to how subtlety rogue has changed (sometimes you get combo points from rng: Shadow TechniquesShadow Techniques ), it wouldn't be optimal to macro eviscerate and backstab. However, there are a lot of opener macros for rogue all over the internet (namely Youtube and http://www.ravenholdt.net) so you don't have to hurt your hands doing the starting combo. This opener from Infexioius Gaming: "/castsequence reset=30 Shadow Blades, Shadowstrike, Nightblade, symbols of death, Shadow Dance, Shadowstrike, Shadowstrike, Eviscerate, Shadowstrike, Vanish, shadowstrike, Death from Above, Shadow Dance, shadowstrike, shadowstrike, Eviscerate" saves you a lot of energy when starting on a boss. 

It sounds like you could use a castsequence macro.

An example would be something like this:

/castsequence Eviscerate, Marked for Death, Eviscerate

which would cast Evis at whatever number of combo points you had, a second press would use Marked for Death, and a third press would use Evis again (it would then cease to function until Marked for Death was available again)

A second example:

/castsequence [combat] reset=90 Cloak of Shadows, Vanish; Stealth

This one would cast Cloak of Shadows, a second press would cast Vanish, if you were in combat. If not in combat, you would cast Stealth. Once the CD of Cloak of Shadows was up (90 sec) the macro would reset and you could chain CoS>Vanish again.

In theory you can chain your entire rotation, or blocks of it, into a castsequence macro. The macro you'd use for Backstab/Evis would be

/castsequence Backstab, Backstab, Backstab, Backstab, Backstab, Eviscerate

Bear in mind this doesn't take into account any extra points you may have gained from your auto attacks via Relentless Strikes. This is also assuming you're not using Shadow Blades which would make those Backstabs generate addtional combo points and cause the macro to lower your DPS because you'd be wasting a potential Evis.

I tried to circumvent that problem with the following but the reset function didn't work - perhaps someone else can see what's wrong with it:

/castsequence reset=180 Shadow Blades, Backstab, Backstab, Eviscerate

The problem with this one (if it worked the way I intended) is that you'd be under-pointing your Evis and only casting it at four points - that being said, four point Evis vs. five point Evis is not a super huge DPS loss (scales with gear - for instance, my 110 sub rogue, out of stealth and naked, has a 20k difference between the two based on the tooltip. Clothes on - 867 if using my sub daggers - the difference is 90k).

So having said all that:

If your hand issue is pain related, I would suggest trying out Assassination. It has remained a thoroughly not spammy spec and perfectly viable in both PvE and PvP. I have a pain condition which affects my joints, limiting my mobility but also causing an extreme amount of pain should I make many key presses in a row - I had to give up playing my prot/fury warrior in WoD due to this, and my Demon Hunter in this expansion, but Assassination rogue is still completely playable given the limited number of abilities and the breaks in spamming keys due to energy management.

If you're not already using one, I would also suggest trying a Razer Naga mouse as almost everything you need can be easily mapped to the thumb grid and you hardly need fingers at all!

/use [form:0]Backstab; Shadowstrike

This casts shadowstrike if you are in stealth or shadowdance (forms 1 and 2).

You can also do something like

/use [form:0]Backstab; [form:1]Cheap Shot; Shadowstrike

This casts cheap shot if you are in stealth, shadowstrike if you are in shadow dance and backstab otherwise.

As for castsequence macros like Azwen mentioned, the reset option does not count from beginning of macro but from the last time you used it (that's why it doesn't work like he intends). And also, shadow blades is not on the GCD so you dont need to use it in the sequence. Instead you could do something like

/castsequence [form:0]reset=1 Backstab,Eviscerate; [form:1/2]reset=1 Shadowstrike,Eviscerate

/cast Shadow Blades

If you press this macro and wait 1 second it will cast backstab (or shadowstrike,depending on form) and then reset after 1 second to cast backstab again but when you are at 4 combo points you can spam it so it completes the sequence so it casts backstab for the 5th combo point and then casts eviscerate. Also it will cast Shadow Blades whenever it is off cooldown.

Edited by Primalpunk

also usefull i think

/showtooltip Death of Above

/cast symbols of death(no gc)

/cast Vanish (no gc)

/castsequence reset=10 Death of above, Shadowdance, Shadowstrike, Shadowstrike

Together with a Weak Aura 2 symbol that popped out if Death of Above, Symbols of Death and at least 1 Shadowdance is ready helps a lot. Especially in this short Time window of Death of above where you only need to smash one Button to activate Shadowdance.

I made this makro only with two shadowstrikes because of combo point overcap. If u have the legenday "The First of the Death" you maybe need only one Shadowstrike if your timing is perfect because you are in the 2 sec. window for it, but only you stand really near to the target, otherwise you are to long in midair. I tested it and sometimes i was in the window for "the first of the Death" and sometimes not, maybe the professionals here have a hint :D

-------------------------------

/showtooltip Shadowdance

/cast Shadowdance

/cast Symbols of Death

Think this can be a standard but never used it though cause i want my Symbols of Death for DoA.

-----------------------------------------

Start attack:

/cast Shadow Blades

/cast[nostance] Backstab

/cast[stance:1] Shadowstrike

/cast[stance:2] Shadowstrike

/use trinket....

---------------------------------------------------

For the pull i would make also a macro, after that its not necessary, you just need to have your rotation in mind

Edited by Milificus