FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Mucklebone

Crystal of Insanity vs Flasks with Mixology

I recently picked up a Crystal of Insanity while running around the Timeless Isle. I figured the +500 to all stats would be a step up from the Alchemist's Flask, even with the Mixology perk. Thing is, when I hopped in a Flex later that night, I tried to pop a Flask of the Warm Sun and the system informed me I had a more powerful flask active.

So, my fellow Locks, do you all think the Crystal is actually better than a Warm Sun with Mixology? I can't quite believe it, but haven't done any comparison of numbers yet. Not sure if specs would be taken into account here, but I am mainly a Destro/Demo Warlock. 

Unless you're thinking that the Crystal increases your secondary stats, I can't see why you *wouldn't* use Warm Sun as an alchemist.

Thanks for the reply, Omaric. 

That's what I thought, I was just surprised that the system considered the Crystal more powerful. Wanted to be sure I wasn't missing something crucial. To be honest, I don't know if it applies to secondary stats. I'll check once I'm home. 

It doesn't apply to secondary stats, BUT.....

If you find you're *just barely* dying *all the time*, then the Crystal could save you a lot of trouble.  wink.png

If you have a flask on and try to use a crystal you get the same message. The message doesn't mean it's more powerful, it's just Blizzard's way of preventing people from accidently overwriting a flask buff of the same level.

If you have a flask on and try to use a crystal you get the same message. The message doesn't mean it's more powerful, it's just Blizzard's way of preventing people from accidently overwriting a flask buff of the same level.

Ah, now this I didn't know! Ok then, I think I'll stick with the crystal for dailies and LFR, but rely on Warm Sun for Flex and Raids. Thanks again to everyone for the input. So happy I stumbled across this place.  

Edited by Mucklebone
  • Like 1