FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Karatarouk

Minimum ilvl for nighthold normal

Right now I am a 864 ilvl Prot Warrior and I think the best thing to do to get better gear is to do Nighthold on normal. However, I started WoW 3 months ago and I have done only dungeons and lfr. I tried to do world quests but what they give me are a piece of garbage, because i only get less 860 gear and its not even good for my main stats to focus on.

Hi Karatarouk

I think there are much better and faster ways to get your ilvl pushed. Especially after patch 7.3, the loot in normal mythics dungeons will be 885. Futher you can collect the nethershards and buy the needes slots, you get ilvl 880 at minimum. If your ilvl is high enough you should run ToS lfr and use your bonusrolls, this will also give decent loot.

If you have some friends, do some higher mythic + dungeons, with ilvl 864 you should be able to tank +9 if you know how to handle mechanics :-). 

To finally answer your question: It depends on your leader. You can do nh normal with 860 gear as a tank, np. Tanks are not that gear dependet to clear a normal raid. As i was doing nh normal pug runs (mostly for AP), most grp requested an ilvl of 870-880.

As Allseye said, the biggest hurdle isn't the content with your item level. It's actually getting a group to accept you. If you're struggling, just make your own group.