FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Stan

Patch 7.3: Dungeon Difficulty & Rewards

27949-patch-72-dungeon-changes.jpg

In Patch 7.3, Blizzard will be increasing the difficulty and rewards from dungeons across the board. The changes help keep dungeons relevant even at the end of the expansion.

The following changes will be effective when Patch 7.3 goes live:

Normal Difficulty

• Item level 845 (up from 825).

Heroic Difficulty

• Item level 865 (up from 845).

Mythic Difficulty

• Item level 885 (up from 865).

Mythic Keystone

• Loot item level will be increased only after Antorus the Burning Throne raid opens.

World Bosses

• Loot from old world bosses remains at 860.
  • Loot from Broken Shore world bosses remains at 900.
  • Loot from Argus world bosses in Greater Invasion Points is at 930.

WoWScrnShot_081617_112330.jpgWoWScrnShot_081617_112327.jpgWoWScrnShot_081617_112335.jpg

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, StefanRumle said:

Any news about PvP?

Right now i get 880 from 2v2,3v3 RBG.
Will that increase?

If the pattern holds, it'll go up to 895 base.

Hey @Stan,

Am I correct in assuming that this means that completing a M+ dungeon only at, say, +1 would yield a lower ilvl item than normal Mythic? I'm just wondering, as I'm sure even the most casual people can do at least +5-+8 runs. It would be a fun and weird fact if you'd need at least +4 to gain equally to normal mythic dungeon loot.

Perhaps they should at least increase the minimum before the next raid unlocks (So nothing can roll below 885 in any M+ dungeon)

1 hour ago, Yridaa said:

Hey @Stan,

Am I correct in assuming that this means that completing a M+ dungeon only at, say, +1 would yield a lower ilvl item than normal Mythic? I'm just wondering, as I'm sure even the most casual people can do at least +5-+8 runs. It would be a fun and weird fact if you'd need at least +4 to gain equally to normal mythic dungeon loot.

Perhaps they should at least increase the minimum before the next raid unlocks (So nothing can roll below 885 in any M+ dungeon)

That's an interesting question. Trying to find some analogy here. In Patch 7.2, they also increased ilvls of Mythic+ rewards. For 7.3 it should be like this:

Keystone Level New (Patch 7.3 Rewards / ilvl)
Regular Mythic (1) 885
2 890
3 890
4 895
5 895
6 900
7 900
8 905
9 905
10 910
11 910
12 915
13 920
14 925
15 930

The question is if they will be increasing M+15 weekly cache rewards past 930 before Antorus opens. My guess is no, that would make Tomb quite irrelevant.

• Like 1

I like how they want to keep normal, heroic, and mythic dungeons relevant throughout the expansions but let the world bosses just rot away like an unused toy that someone has grown out of.  I don't expect to always get loot from them, hell most of the time I just want AP from them, but when the only boss you need on any char is Withered J'im the chance at getting a legendary from them isn't motivating enough.  Just another waste of content.  

I can understand if the content was from last expansion, but the world bosses are still current expansion and thus I feel should be updated to current content.

Regarding M+ they will increase the ilvl reward drops when they increase the ilvl reward for normal mythic drops.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, TrembleMortals4123 said:

M+ Weekly chest reward in 15 will be 955.

In 7.3 or 7.3.5? This is quite important as Antorius is planned to be released in 7.3.5.

Also, do you have any facts to back that up? I.e. blue post or screenshots somewhere, datamining?

16 hours ago, DeathsDesign said:

I like how they want to keep normal, heroic, and mythic dungeons relevant throughout the expansions but let the world bosses just rot away like an unused toy that someone has grown out of.  I don't expect to always get loot from them, hell most of the time I just want AP from them, but when the only boss you need on any char is Withered J'im the chance at getting a legendary from them isn't motivating enough.  Just another waste of content.  

I can understand if the content was from last expansion, but the world bosses are still current expansion and thus I feel should be updated to current content.

Regarding M+ they will increase the ilvl reward drops when they increase the ilvl reward for normal mythic drops.

This is exactly how I feel about flying. I understand the requirements and I even agree with them (Doing all the content on foot with one character first makes it a lot more immersive and makes the world seem much larger), but putting it behind a massive time gate (I think WotLK version was just fine to be honest) is a downer to me.

Then now, "Hey guys, you can fly now if you've done all that! But... We're introducing a new area and this time we're not even going to make it possible to fly there, ever."

It feels the same with world bosses. They become useless. Enjoy your flying in broken isles while all you do is stand on Argus. If they just did the same as previously, by making flying possible after doing the largest quest chains and events, I would absolutely be fine with that.

But knowing it's never gonna happen... It just brings the WoD vibes back to me (Except this time, they're not gonna back down and introduce flying at the last minute)

20 hours ago, DeathsDesign said:

I like how they want to keep normal, heroic, and mythic dungeons relevant throughout the expansions but let the world bosses just rot away like an unused toy that someone has grown out of.

This is solely because of Unstable Arcanocrystal.

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/6422-Developer-Q-A-Matt-Goss-Legion-Itemization

If they buff world boss drops they will also make that the BiS again, I'm sure that's why they keep them so low.

11 hours ago, buccobruce said:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/content/6422-Developer-Q-A-Matt-Goss-Legion-Itemization

If they buff world boss drops they will also make that the BiS again, I'm sure that's why they keep them so low.

If it's solely because of that, just nerf Arcanocrystals on those levels. Don't nerf the current ilvl versions, just the new obtainable ilvls. This way you're still super happy to get a ilvl 950 Arcanocrystal compared to your current 890 one, but the stats aren't like twice as high.

On 8/17/2017 at 10:21 AM, buccobruce said:

It's already BiS; the only difference is that right now you need to get stupid lucky for it. Once again showing the flaws of the Titanforged system, but everyone who's getting 955's off LFR/Normal would defend it, of course. Instead of being able to just get your BiS through casually doing the world boss and just needing a bit of luck, now you also need to hope you get lottery lucky so it procs +70, and if you do any kind of serious raiding it feels required, because if other people have it, you're at a disadvantage unless you also have it.

If it's supposedly not BiS anymore already, though, then what's the harm in nerfing it? Everyone's already replaced it anyway, and honestly personal feelings should never get in the way of game balancing.

(Is nobody going to say anything about Six-Feather Fan?)

But like Yridaa said anyway, it'd be easy to allow higher ilv arcanocrystal while not making it stupid OP. Make new Arcanocrystal with different item ID that has lower stats, remove old one from the table, replace it with the new one, ???, profit!

But then you run into another problem. What about the lucky few who were able to get a 950+ old Arcanocrystal? Those few will forever be at a significant advantage over everyone else because any other Arcanocrystal of the same ilv obtained afterwards can't match it. But if the trinket is overpowered in an unintended way then why are people allowed to just obtain it and use it? Why not nerf what's threatening game balance?

On the other hand, if Blizzard can see that no character even has an Arcanocrystal over ilv 900-910 atm, then we could safely phase out the older one and replace it with a higher ilv one with lower stat budget. Everybody wins.

Edited by Ammako

On 8/20/2017 at 5:01 AM, Ammako said:

But then you run into another problem. What about the lucky few who were able to get a 950+ old Arcanocrystal? Those few will forever be at a significant advantage over everyone else because any other Arcanocrystal of the same ilv obtained afterwards can't match it. But if the trinket is overpowered in an unintended way then why are people allowed to just obtain it and use it? Why not nerf what's threatening game balance?

They said said exactly this in a Q&A. Imagine you are the one to get a 950 Arcanocrystal the day before it gets nerfed after hunting it for months, even nearly a year, and never seeing it drop. I doubt anyone would be happy to be that person.