FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Copymark

Arcane Mage Haste Breakpoints (5.4)

Hey, quick question:

I've heard from multiple sources that the best way to reforge an arcane mage in 5.4

is to do like so:

15% hit > 9762 haste > mastery > haste > crit

The 9762 haste being a breakpoint that always adds 1 tick to your nether tempest, as well as 1 Tick to your living bomb (when using frost armor).

So, reforged like this, you would use frost armor on encounters where you would use living bomb, and the mage armor on encounters that you would use nether tempest for.

My question is: is this correct? Does 9762 haste with the said armors really add 1 tick to these mage bombs? And is there a better way to reforge? Like, for instance, a higher/lower haste breakpoint (or even cap) or none at all?

Arcane Mages really rely heavily on their mage bombs... therefore I look forward to getting a quick and clear answer to this one, since it always kinda confused me :)

thanks

You should never switch from Mage armor.

One extra bomb tick gives less DPS than the 3000 mastery provided by your Mage armor, I am pretty sure.

• Like 1

15% hit > 9762 haste > mastery > haste > crit

The 9762 haste being a breakpoint that always adds 1 tick to your nether tempest, as well as 1 Tick to your living bomb (when using frost armor).

So, reforged like this, you would use frost armor on encounters where you would use living bomb, and the mage armor on encounters that you would use nether tempest for.

Yes, that is correct.  9762 haste (and 5% raid buff) gives you +4 ticks to NT while using Mage Armor.  It gives you +2 ticks to LB when using Frost Armor.  

• Like 1

Is there a "break point" for mastery for Arcane? I would guess no, unless you somehow broke above 100%, but maximizing mastery leaves my haste ~4100, although this is probably a common problem in "transition gearing." I just love reforging five or six times a week to try to keep optimal and do the most for my raid team.

Is there a "break point" for mastery for Arcane? I would guess no, unless you somehow broke above 100%, but maximizing mastery leaves my haste ~4100, although this is probably a common problem in "transition gearing." I just love reforging five or six times a week to try to keep optimal and do the most for my raid team.

Nope. There's no mastery breakpoint. Your mastery just boosts the damage your spells do, so basically, you cannot have "enough" of it :)

So, considering haste is 9762, NT has +4ticks, and allways play with Mage Armour. At that moment NT+Mage Armour is also stronger than LB+Frost Armour on sinlge target?

Another question, Its worthing to attend 13138 haste for 5th tick of NT ?

So, considering haste is 9762, NT has +4ticks, and allways play with Mage Armour. At that moment NT+Mage Armour is also stronger than LB+Frost Armour on sinlge target?

Another question, Its worthing to attend 13138 haste for 5th tick of NT ?

From all my reading across multiple forums discussing this question in length the answer to both of those questions is: No.

LB+Frost at 9762 gets you 2 more ticks on LB wich is better than the +4 on NT w/ Mage.  If we are talking just single target.

Remember there is also an argument of wether to go LB or NT (and swapping armor accordingly) based on the fight even if there are multiple targets.  The argument is, even if there are lots of targets, that there is ALWAYS one target that should go down priority, and if that is the case LB always comes out ahead due to higher single target DPS and therefore is more effective.  That, IMO, is totally personal preference and depends on your raid.