FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Mobely

critique my logs pls

my armory. https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/terenas/mobely

his armory.https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/hydraxis/ubeenwarned

our logs. https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/ZhKJxM7VaybjP2Qd

We are working on mythic sisters.  I noticed that my DA is doing about the same damage as another dk in my raid.  He does not have the shoulders and I do.   I cannot figure out what i am missing here.  I was wondering if some of the more experienced uh dks on the forums here might be able to offer some help.  I use the chest/shoulder combo and he uses neck/chest.  Any feedback would be appreciated.  Iirc, we had the same talents for this fight. Thanks!

From what I can see initially, there are a few minor things that could be improved upon. The main issue I see is that you do not seem to pay enough attention to lining things up. You appear to sometimes use Orc Racial pretty much on CD, which can also cost you a bit of damage. On Demonic Inquisition, for example, ideally you'd want to use your Prolonged + Racial on your 3rd DA so that you can line things up. These are mainly small things, but they tend to amount quite a bit. UH is essentially a massive burst window every 1.5-2m followed by normal rotation and a buildup phase. Ideally, you want to make sure you go into your DA window with sufficient RP and your CD's ready to go.

On another note, since you are using CoF and have Shoulders, I would highly recommend you to use Shadow Infusion instead of Infected Claws, that was your CD's should line up so that you can Apoc->DT->DT->Apoc->DT which makes every Apoc line up with your DT and your DA.

You also have to consider that (unfortunately) Unholy has a lot of RNG in its kit and things can vary massively. A few lucky crits at the end of your DA can make a significant difference. To me it seems like you are doing fine already and will do even better if you improve on :

- Lining your CD's up with your burst phases

- Swapping to Shadow Infusion on Single Target Encounters

- Improving your Dark Transformation Uptime

- Preplanning and Preparing for your Burst Windows (Runic Power, Wounds etc)

I can also recommend you check out this short and sweet document by a very good UH as it gives some specific tips to Mythic encounters etc. https://docs.google.com/document/d/1ZWkeVXBOPlE2D_BtrE0pSUIcDtRX8ede0fQ8XIUfJl8/edit

I hope this helps a little and if you have any questions or anything, let me know!

Àtrocity-Thrall

Thanks! I was using infected claws because it simmed significantly higher for me.  I will try shadow infusion instead. One thing that I forgot to ask is, do you sit on DA and wait for apoc?  or DA on cd no matter what if DT is up?  Sometimes, my DA will be up 10 to 20 seconds before apoc is.

you use DA right before DT and make sure you are as close as possible to max rp. After DA is up i usually do 1-2 DC then DT. No need to wait with apoc, just make sure there is at least 6 wounds. Without shoulders though i just use DT on cd and ofc using Infected Claws, for example if its better have more cleave on a boss.

NOTICE: If you use DA during DT, DT wont empower DA, so you cast DT AFTER. It only empowers the current pets aka ghouls/da when you pop it.

Edited by Hardhill