FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Traumabrew

Galakras and destro help

Hi

I read that Galakras is a destro locks dream fight. I know there are adds galore. I use havoc and CB when I can. The problem I am running into is that at the start of the fight, I don't have enough embers to FnB spam incinerate, so I usually toss RoF out then single target some mobs to build up embers, then FnB, but my ember regen is slower than my spending them. Also, I am not usually able to havoc shadowburn as by the time the mob gets to 20% health they don't last long enough to get 3 of them off. Any tips and suggestions would be appreciated.

The way I start out with this fight is to drop a RoF and FnB+Immolate on the pack of mobs.  That ensures substantial ember generation.  Assuming you maintain RoF and Immolate on 4+ mobs, you shouldn't have an issue spamming FnB+Incinerate, as well as throwing in your Conflagrate charges.  I wouldn't hit Conflagrate back-to-back when using FnB though, as you might run yourself out of embers.

Due to the speed in which your mobs are dropping, just know that you can cast Havoc on a high health target when there are multiple mobs about to *be* low, then get your 3 SB's spread amongst those low mobs.

On Galakras specifically, I place 3 RoFs on every pack spawn, then I keep 1 RoF up constantly once their position has been established.

The 3 RoFs are placed as follows: 1 at their spawn point, the second one right below that one down the path to the NPCs, and the third one in the middle of the path where usually the fight takes place. That usually covers the tank's repositioning and gives me a fluid flow of embers.

I recall using MannFury when we started trying this boss, the aoe range of 1 RoF would then cover the same area those 3 RoFs do, but I stopped doing that as we progressed through the fight.

The way I start out with this fight is to drop a RoF and FnB+Immolate on the pack of mobs.  That ensures substantial ember generation.

i just saw this fight for the first time last night in flex. our tanks preferred the first set of adds to make it a down the hill a bit, so i had about 6 seconds of waiting.

with that waiting time, i figured it better to manually add immolate to those first 5 adds, then i still have a F&B conflag to throw outta the gate. it felt like in previous attempts if i did a f&B immo, i'd be shard starved for a couple globals. this way, im full tilt boogie when i get the greenlight

• Like 1