FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Gariaz

Fury dps help

Today I did HC Goroth and did 650kdps 

Im item level 907 - armory - https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-gb/character/balnazzar/rulanon

Gorth HC log - https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/Q6dXkF2D9h3BHwJG#view=analytical&type=damage-done&source=11

sims says i should be doing 900k

iv got the Soul of the battlelord and legendary shoulders. 

Any help would be great.

Edited by Gariaz

The simplest solution here is most often the correct one.

You died.

For almost 45 seconds you were dead due to getting hit with a Shattering Nova. This explains the 83% activity time and, despite this, you still managed to hit 70% of your bracket. I checked your trinket use and it's on point (almost to a scary level with some differences a mere .1 second).

Next time don't die. Your numbers will be higher. While you were alive, your average DPS was 784,000 (rounded to a nice even number).

Your legendaries aren't the best. While the ring can be useful, it's really dependent on the length of the Execute phase. I think you'd see higher numbers if you were, at least, able to find the helm, even if it was marginal.

The one thing I hope you take away from this, though, if nothing else is don't expect simulationcraft results in your play. SimulationCraft is a calculator that spits out perfection. 0 mistakes, perfect GCD execution, etc - you get the point. You'll never reach perfection in this game. If you expect 900K because simulationcraft said you should be doing it, you'll always be disappointed.

While it's minor but still worth mentioning, it doesn't seem you use an Old War potion. Used properly, this potion is about 10% or so of your damage.

Your priority rotation seems on point. I noticed 1 time you cast Rampage without hitting 100 rage (therefor missing your Frothing buff) but, for the most part, that was on point as well.

Overall it seems you have a grasp of what you're doing. Now just learn the boss mechanics and don't die. ;)