FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Deimosphobos

Need Help With Affliction Breakpoints For My Gear!!!!!!!!!!

Hey Everyone, So slowly but surely I am getting my Ilvl up and I want to try afflic out, I have been reading a lot about the Stat Prio for afflic but have a cpl of questions. Ok so I see constantly about this "9778" HB..now using custom weights in Mrrobot I can achieve this but at the cost of a lot of my mastery. Examining my gear would it be better to go for this HB or for one slightly lower so I can maximize my mastery rating?...I don't claim to be that knowledgeable about all the numbers and frankly just learned how to even input custom stat weights into Mrrobot, so any help here would be appreciated, also if you examine my gear and say hey, don't even bother with Afflic till you get some better gear, that's fine to say too.

I did a little research and it seems I should go for the 6637 HB..is that right..or should I go for the 9778?...this is with my current setup of course

Thanks

Deimos

Armory Link

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/duskwood/Deimosphobos/advanced

Get rid of all those haste/hit to crit reforges and those 320 crit gems first. Crit is absolute garbage. That alone would put you closer to any of the breakpoints (along with reforging crit > haste and removing haste > anything else).

But above all I cannot emphasize enough that crit is shit and I cringed a little at some of those reforges to crit (we aren't fire mages).

lol...yeah im Destro right now.. I haven't actually switched to Afflic yet..i read in another similar post that you sont want your Hast and Mastery too far apart in terms of actual rating..when using Askmrrobot and plugging in custom Breakpoints..if I go with 9778 HB ill have only like 5445 mastery rating..Isnt that really low..i understand that that's not raid buffed..but would it be better for me to go with the lower HB of 6637 and keep a nice high mastery rating or just hit the 9778 and just take the low mastery

if all this is to confusing, when I get off work ill spec afflict and regem and reforge what im saying, then post a link, I was simming all these figures with askmrrobot, that's where these ?? are coming from

Oh? you're destro? then it's perfectly ok for you to have crit...WRONG. VERY WRONG. REFORGE THAT. ASAP. CRIT IS UNLIKED BY ALL THREE WARLOCKS SPECS. APPLY SOME CRITBGONE QUICKLY! Hehe.

Oh? you're destro? then it's perfectly ok for you to have crit...WRONG. VERY WRONG. REFORGE THAT. ASAP. CRIT IS UNLIKED BY ALL THREE WARLOCKS SPECS. APPLY SOME CRITBGONE QUICKLY! Hehe.

so your saying screw crit period even in Destro?...just go balls to the walls Mastery?

so your saying screw crit period even in Destro?...just go balls to the walls Mastery?

Yes. 

Here's your issue.  You want to play two specs.  You want one reforge.  You are using the single target Destruction reforge wondering why you can't hit the single target Affliction reforge.

For Destruction, it's Mastery > Haste = Crit

For Affliction, it's Haste (breakpoint) > Mastery > Haste > Crit

For multi-target, Mastery wins over everything for both specs.  THEREFORE, if you want to play two specs, your Orange, Yellow, and Green gems should all have Mastery in them.  Yes, drop the shit out of Crit.

9778 Haste is a solid breakpoint for a Destro/Aff build.  9778 Haste is a little too much for Destro, but rather than going back and forth when you switch specs, 9778 will suffice, and it's the optimal threshold for Affliction with Destruction tagged with it.  Since I doubt you're pushing cutting edge heroics, you really don't need to worry about the 0.5% DPS loss pushing for this reforge as Destruction.