FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Wetty

HELP Finding a new realm!

Hey guys,

So I'm currently on the most boring (in my opinion) server ever! Silvermoon-EU. It's 91% Alliance and VERY overpopulated. I finish work at 17:00 GMT and it's a rush to get home to log in before all the recent queues start to hit!

I wasn't sure which forum to post this in, but everyone on Icy Veins are really helpful and friendly so here I go! I'm asking the Icy Veins community to help find me a new server which has a lot of 25-man guilds on the Horde side! I care not for Alliance anymore, Stormwind and seeing thousands of Humans has bored me to death over the last two years!

So yeah, my checklist would be:

• Horde based - is a must!
  • Must be an English server
  • Relatively well populated - But not overpopulated!
  • Lots of 25-man guilds
  • Good Alliance/Horde ratio!
  • I don't mind if it's a PvP server, as long as there's lots of 25-man guilds!

Thank you:D

Edited by Vekz

Hey,

I would actually suggest to hold on a bit. The first low pop realms were connected in the US and I guess Blizzard will also soon start connecting the first realms in the EU region. So the realm landscape could change quite drastically in the next several weeks.

But since you are on an overpopulated realm I see the reason of wanting to move away as fast as possible. Have a look at wowprogress realm lists (EU-english is preselected), this will give you a good overview of population and you can check the progress and amount of 25 man raiding guildes by clicking on the realms: http://www.wowprogress.com/realms/rank/eu/lang.en

Edited by Farnion

Oh thank you very much! I completely forgot about the connected realms, seeing as Blizzard took so long to implement them! I'll definitely hold on for the forseeing weeks as I'm rolling a new class and will want to get some progress on that before transferring anyway! I will no doubtably be moving away from my overpopulated realm though! It would be nice to see some of the other faction sometimes too!:P

If it helps Vekz I have recently moved away from Silvermoon EU (Alliance)

As well as the queueing times (which are bad around the start of a new patch but obviously they do get better) I must admit I didnt particularly enjoy the server in general.

I was originally on a low-medium pop realm where everyone knew one another and it started to get a bit quiet.  We thought moving to one of the more populated realms wouldnt have many drawbacks but I think with hindsight I wish I had never moved to such a high pop realm.

There are a few websites that are around that can give you breakdowns of populations, how the players are distributed between horde and alliance etc.

If I can I'll try and dig some up and link them later :)

Although I havent researched or read much on connected realms I believe that they will more than likely connect lower pop realms, so as far as I know places like Silvermoon EU will remain a single server rather than being connect (I may be wrong though!)

If you were alliance I may have been able to give you a few recommendations but I've no clue about horde!  

That would be very much appreciated Peelyon :)

I have a similar sort of background, I thought there would be no drawbacks from a high pop server but I was very wrong! I assume that Silvermoon won't be affected by the connected realms but I should wait to decide which server to transfer to after the connected realms has been implemented which I'm told shouldn't be too long!:)

here in Zul'jin theres a few 25man guilds, the ratio is something like 2:1 Horde:Alliance Ratio, High pop no queue :D There are some Quebecois here, since alliance is french dominated (i think), got to expect some french in horde too. ideally its an english server.

Vekz managed to dig out a few websites for you to take a look at:

http://www.wowprogress.com/realms/rank/eu

http://wow.realmpop.com/eu.html

There are a few others out there as well - but they are great for just getting a quick snap-shot of what the server is generally like with alliance:horde ratios etc.

However I think the best thing you can do after you find a realm you like is just make an alt and try and get into /trade chat and ask around.

Same again with hindsight I should have done more when looking for a realm change, but we went from a /trade chat with 10 people in it - to seeing Silvermoon EU move so fast I had to scroll back up to read stuff!

Hope they help anyway, make sure you check out the guild recruitment thread on here as well, there might be the odd horde guild that can fit your needs too :)

Thank you very much for that smile.png I'll definitely have a better look at those when I get more time to:) I'm hoping Blizzard implement connected realms soon so I get more of a choice on the medium-high populated realms!

Although I did say "not overpopulated", a friend of mine has transferred to Draenor which I'll most likely be following! Silvermoon was an ideal realm for me, I just got bored of Alliance! A healthy trade chat is always good for a player like me who doesn't always have time to raid so getting the odd pug group is ideal:)

I'll keep my eye open for any recruitment on Icy Veins as I pretty much live on this sit during the week:P

Thanks again, George

• Like 1

I just went through the same ordeal.

People told me to wait as well. I did not for these reasons:

1. There is no timeline for when other servers may be getting connected, assuming yours will.

2. There is great content that is popular *now* that will not be popular later, and is best with groups and larger numbers of people (world bosses, rep groups, timeless rares, etc.)

I recently switched to Earthen Ring which has a fantastic Horde base, but also a pretty decent Alliance group, which is rare these days. I can easily vouce for this server. I am also in the EST time zone so it was a bonus for me that way as well :)

Hello,

I was looking for servers with a good Horde/Alliance balance particularly on a PvP realm because I've never experienced much World PvP and it was something that quite appealed to me. After reading a fair amount on the matter, the same issue kept coming up:

"World PvP doesn't really happen anymore, even on PvP realms!"

Is this true? I'm not looking for a PvP realm; it's not a deciding factor! But it would be a nice feature to have!