Stan

Patch 2.6.1 PTR Patch Notes: Aug 30

10 posts in this topic

Z3QD7XMLFBLP1503336126342.jpg

A new 2.6.1 PTR build was deployed to test servers yesterday, with changes to Witch Doctor's Creeping DeathCreeping Death passive and Wizard's Frozen OrbFrozen Orb projectile range and many tweaks for Legendary items.

Patch notes below contain only the latest changes (v2.6.1.47041). For full patch notes, please visit the previous 2.6.1 build located here. Blizzard also mentioned that Windows XP / Vista support will be ending at some point during PTR.

Blizzard LogoBlizzard (Source)

TABLE OF CONTENTS:

CLASSES

Witch Doctor Passives

• Creeping Death
    • Increased the duration of Haunt, Locust Swarm, and the damage amplification of Piranhas when this passive is active from 3600 to 14400 seconds
    • Note: There is currently a bug preventing this passive from affecting Piranhas; this will be fixed in an upcoming PTR patch

Wizard Skills

• Arcane Orb
    • Frozen Orb
      • Increased projectile travel distance from 30 to 45

ITEMS

Legendary Items

Barbarian

• Band of Might
    • After casting Furious Charge, Ground Stomp, or Leap, take 50–60% 60-80% reduced damage for 8 seconds
  • Bracers of the First Men
    • Hammer of the Ancients attacks 50% faster and deals 150–200% 300-400% 400-500% increased damage
  • Gavel of Judgement
    • Hammer of the Ancients returns 20–25 Fury if it hits 3 or fewer enemies. The damage of Hammer of the Ancients is increased by 400-500% 600-800% and it returns 25 Fury if it hits 3 or fewer enemies
    • Note: Existing versions of this item will also be changed to include the damage roll in the orange text, but will always roll a damage roll equal to the previous maximum possible.
      • Note: The Legendary power on this item is currently not functioning; this will be fixed in an upcoming patch

Crusader

• Fate of the Fell
    • Heaven's Fury gains two additional rays and has its damage increased by 150-200% 375-500%
  • Golden Flense
    • Sweep Attack restores 6 Wrath for each enemy hit and has its damage increased by 225-300% 

Witch Doctor

• The Short Man’s Finger
    • Note: There is currently a bug which causes the new and old versions of the ring to not work when both are equipped; this will be fixed in an upcoming PTR patch

Wizard

• Halo of Karini
    • You take 45–60% 60-80% less damage for 3 4 seconds after your Storm Armor electrocutes an enemy more than 30 15 yards away

Set Items

Crusader

• Thorns of the Invoker
    • (2) Set
      • Note: There is currently an issue which causes the actual Thorns increase to be 35% instead of 70%; this will be fixed in an upcoming PTR patch

Demon Hunter

• Embodiment of the Marauder
    • (4) Set
      • Sentries deal 400% 100% increased damage and cast Elemental Arrow, Chakram, Impale, Multishot, and Cluster Arrow when you do
    • (6) Set
      • Your primary skills, Elemental Arrow, Chakram, Impale, Multishot, Cluster Arrow, Companions, and Vengeance deal 1200% 2100% 2400% increased damage for every active Sentry

Monk

• Shenlong's Spirit
    • The damage of your Spirit Generators is increased by 1.5% 2% for each point of Spirit you have
    • When reaching maximum Spirit, all damage is increased by 150% 200%, but you no longer passively regenerate Spirit and 65 Spirit is drained every second until you run out of Spirit
  • Necromancer
    • Pestilence Master’s Shroud
      • (4) Set
        • Each enemy you hit with Bone Spear, Corpse Lance or Corpse Explosion reduces your damage taken by 2%, up to a maximum of 50%. Lasts 15 seconds.

Witch Doctor

• Helltooth Harness
    • (6) Set
      • Note: This set bonus is being temporarily disabled to fix an issue with the set. It will be re-enabled in a later PTR patch.
  • Raiment of the Jade Harvester
    • (6) Set
      • Soul Harvest reduces damage taken by 50% for 12 seconds and consumes your damage over time effects on enemies, instantly dealing 300 1200 seconds worth of remaining damage.

Wizard

• Vyr’s Amazing Arcana
    • (6) Set
      • You also gain Archon stacks when you hit with an Archon ability. Archon stacks now also reduce damage taken by 0.15% and have their damage bonus increased to 18% 25%
  • Chantodo's Resolve
    • (2) Set
      • Every second while in Archon form you expel a Wave of Destruction, dealing 350% 600% 1000% weapon damage to enemies within 30 yards

ADVENTURE MODE

Rifts

• Increased the amount of experience and Rift progress granted by Blazing Constructs
  • Increased the amount of experience and Rift progress granted by Smoldering Constructs

Bug Fixes

• (PTR Only) Fixed an issue with Battle Rage - Bloodshed where the damage from critical hits was not being scaled by the proc coefficient of the power doing damage
  • Fixed an issue where the advanced tooltip for Bone Armor - Dislocation did not correctly state the rune did Poison damage
  • Fixed an issue where Furious Charge would inherit the elemental damage type on your weapon when Vile Ward was equipped, as opposed to the damage type of the rune you chose
  • Like 2

Any idea how long until this patch goes Live? All those buffs made me hyped to play D3 again. Gonna dust off my Leapquake Barbarian and Uliana Monk.

22 minutes ago, Valhalen said:

Any idea how long until this patch goes Live? All those buffs made me hyped to play D3 again. Gonna dust off my Leapquake Barbarian and Uliana Monk.

Balance patches for D3 of course have a huge impact on leaderboards and such. This means that patches like these will always come shortly after the current season has ended, give or take a week. Seasons typically last 3 months and typically there's a 2-3 week window where there is no currently active season. Taking this into consideration:

Season 11 started 20 July and will end ~October 20th

Patch 2.6.1 will be live ~ October 27th

Season 12 starts ~November 8th

Seasons always start on a Friday (With the exception of the Necromancer season in 2.6 because they wanted to get things smooth on a thursday)

This is speculation on my part, but a very well informed one, based on results gained in the past seasons. I am however still likely to be off about a week or so, because it is never set in stone and it is an estimation. It is extremely unlikely for any of the dates mentioned to be more or less than two weeks difference. Regardless, it is not factual and you shouldn't treat it as such (Don't want to be disappointing anyone!)

• Like 1

I wish Sentries be main source of dmg in Marauder build instead of just dmg buffers to main skill

I am so stoked on these changes. Wish they would have got this all done for the current season, but I get how difficult that could have been with the Necromancer release. Nevertheless, these are going to be great changes. Think I will finally try a Barb.

I'm not too sure about all these buffs.  This is on the verge of ridiculousness.

I LOVE the idea that a lot of older builds are gonna be viable again, but from what i can see, some of these Characters will be Mega-Powerful after the Patch.  And personally, i like to play the lower tier Characters because it's actually harder in T13.

Personally, I like to have some serious Opposition playing D3 and this will make it pretty boring.

If they don't add a few Torment Levels, then T13 will be MUCH TOO Easy... and boring - And then the Endgame will be all about redundant GRs and that's even more boring.

Missed:

In the 3rd round of PTR updates - Pestilence 4p got changed to read

• Each enemy you hit with Bone Spear, Corpse Lance or Corpse Explosion reduces your damage taken by 2%, up to a maximum of 50%. Lasts 15 seconds.

and the prior update refused to run on XP.

Edited by SangFroidy
Found this in eariler patch notes, but hadn't noticed until this patch

I'm happy they're finally re-evaluation rift content progress contributions. Some mobs give nothing for how long it takes to kill them, they just become an instant skip if they're in a pack so much of the time :/

On 8/31/2017 at 7:01 AM, Valhalen said:

Me too!  I hope we can re-roll our old gear into new gear... or will we need to?

I think we may have already talked about this, but your Avatar is Rocket Raccoon, isn't it?

• Like 1

On 9/12/2017 at 1:34 AM, albabe said:

Me too!  I hope we can re-roll our old gear into new gear... or will we need to?

I think we may have already talked about this, but your Avatar is Rocket Raccoon, isn't it?

I'm not him, but it is :p

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Deadset

With Season 12 live, Deadset has compiled a list of all our new and updated guides - a useful resource for your time in Sanctuary.
      Deadset's compilation of all guides for Season 12!
      Greetings, fellow denizens of Sanctuary! As many of you already know and have slain hundreds of demons with your trusty weapons, Diablo's 12th Season is upon us. Let's delve into the latest events from the battle of the High Heavens and the Burning Hells!
      -Deadset
      Why is Patch 2.6.1 a Great Time to Come Back?
      Patch 2.6.1 sees one of the biggest rebalancing efforts to the game since Patch 2.4, the strongest content Patch of the Reaper of Souls cycle. It builds on every good foundation set by it (class diversity, options for underused skills, introduction of mechanically interesting items) and skyrockets it to post-2.6 damage standards that has seen the likes of Lightning Archon and Trag'Oul Lancer builds. If you have ever craved a patch where multiple builds are considered top tier GR pushers and practically dozens of combinations are completely capable endgame farmers, this is the one.
      Basics Guides and Conquest Guides
      Before moving on to class impressions and recommendations, I just want to give a quick pointer to the new basics and conquest guides that I compiled recently. If you are new to the game, returning after a long break, or simply have friends that you want to get into Diablo, give those a read:
      Beginner Seasonal Guide - an introduction to Seasons, efficient leveling, crafting and gearing; Bounty Farming Guide - how, when, which bounties to do and the builds to do them with; Regular "Nephalem" Rift Farming Guide - quantity, quality and methods for Torment rifting; Greater Rift Farming Guide - rewards, competition and strategic considerations for GRs; Conquest Guides for Season 12 - the fast track to the Seasonal Journey completion. As a guide hub, Icy Veins receives a ton of messages on a regular basis for topics like these - I hope they are of use to the community and answer a lot of questions for Seasons to come!
      Barbarians
      Beginner's Guide to Barbarians - Levels 1-70 and Guide with the Starting Set, Immortal King - A guide that will take you through the leveling process efficiently and optimize your Season 12 Barbarian with the Haedrig's Gift free set. Immortal King (or Raekor) - Hammer of the Ancients Endgame Build - A top tier, visceral build that emphasizes melee devastation and pulverizes his enemies to the ground with Hammer of the Ancients. Support Barbarian - Group-oriented build that the entire team depends upon for scouting, long range monster pulls and protection from harmful crowd control affixes. Raekor - Furious Charge Endgame Build - A spec that mixes the powers of two sets, combining the all-around utility of IK with the agile Furious Charge devastation of Raekor. Might of the Earth - Earthquake Endgame Build - This spec favors devastating large areas over precise shots, exerts masterful control over the battlefield and sports a very satisfying rotation. Wrath of the Wastes - Whirlwind Endgame Build - With a playstyle distilled to its simplest essence, the build opens runs with  Whirlwind and mows enemies down in endless, spinning destruction. Frenzy/Thorns Legacy of Nightmares - More durable than most Barb builds, this spec nails the brutal hand-to-hand melee feel, slicing enemies at incredible speeds. Rend Immortal King - Nearly forgotten, but certainly not powerless, this exotic build bleeds enemies dry with the DoT powers of Rend. Crusaders
      Beginner's Guide to Crusaders - Levels 1-70 and Guide with the Starting Set, Seeker of the Light - A guide that will take you through the leveling process efficiently and optimize your Season 12 Crusader with the Haedrig's Gift free set. Akkhan - Condemn Endgame Build - This build is the embodiment of the melee spellcaster fantasy, exerting powerful crowd control over monsters and decimating them in waves of holy destruction. Akkhan - Blessed Shield Endgame Build -  This build plays on the archetype of using the shield as a weapon, charging it with holy might and reaping an entire field of demons with a single, mighty toss. Akkhan - Holy Shotgun Endgame Build - The Holy Shotgun Crusader is a tanky, impenetrable bulwark of steel that absorbs blows and retaliates in blasts of pure, radiant vengeance.  Blessed Hammer Seeker of the Light - The reigning champion of many Seasons, the Hammerdin build is still a beast in terms of AoE damage and solo GR pushing potential. Thorns Invoker - Likely the tankiest build in the game that is able to push into GR110+. Tough, focused and dead simple, this build almost Thorns itself to the absolute endgame. Sweep Attack Rolands - This Crusader build revels in high density rifts, shredding demons to pieces with the highest attack speed possible to the class. Bombardment Legacy of Nightmares - The Bombardment Crusader spec takes assorted legendary items into a highly mobile, autoaiming and visually spectacular Thorns combination. Demon Hunters
      Beginner's Guide to Demon Hunters - Levels 1-70 and Guide with the Starting Set, Natalya's Vengeance - A guide that will take you through the leveling process efficiently and optimize your Season 12 Demon Hunter with the Haedrig's Gift free set. Marauder - Cluster Arrow Endgame Build - Requiring deep understanding of DHs - the need for positioning and strategic companion placement - this build rewards you with incredible GR potential. Unhallowed Essence - Multishot Endgame Build - This build embodies the lone, brooding archer that reaps entire screens worth of demons in massive, fiery bursts of arrows. Natalya - Rain of Vengeance Endgame Build - This build transforms the elegance of Strafe into a potent tool that resets the cooldown of Rain of Vengeance, resulting in a potent, bursty playstyle. Natalya/Marauder Sentry Endgame Build - This build focuses solely on the Sentries, providing Demon Hunters with a cold, calculating playstyle cloaked behind a wall of turrets and animal companions. Shadow - Impale Endgame Build - The Impale build emphasizes on singling out and bursting down priority targets, resulting in a ninja-like, elite hunting playstyle. Grenades Unhallowed Essence - A deceptively simple build, whose sustained grenade damage and tanking potential outdoes many of its flashier counterparts. Fan of Knives Legacy of Nightmares - One of the more exotic specs in the game, the LoN FoK build thrives at low health values and turns them to its own advantage - playing with permanent crits. Monks
      Beginner's Guide to Monks - Levels 1-70 and Guide with the Starting Set, Uliana's Strategem - A guide that will take you through the leveling process efficiently and optimize your Season 12 Monk with the Haedrig's Gift free set. Sunwuko - Wave of Light Endgame Build - This unique ranged Monk playstyle blows demons up in screen-wide, incinerating beams of searing light. Support Monk - Group-oriented build that the entire team depends upon for healing, short range monster pulls and damage reduction from regular attacks. Uliana - Seven-Sided Strike Endgame Build - Widely regarded as the most satisfying build of the class, Uliana enriches the Seven-Sided Strike visual with Exploding Palm detonations. Raiment Shenlong - Generator Endgame Build - The Monk's bread and butter, this build pummels enemies into the ground with the sheer might of the primary fist attacks. Sunwuko - Lashing Tail Kick Endgame Build - Building on the classic Monk image, this spec jump in, whirlwind kicks the demons' teeth in, and jump to the next pack of monsters. Exploding Palm/Mystic Allies Inna - In this Monk take on a summoner build, you rally spiritual fighters at your side that burst entire groups of enemies with Exploding Palms. Necromancers
      Beginner's Guide to Necromancers - Levels 1-70 and Guide with the Starting Set, Trag'Oul's Avatar - A guide that will take you through the leveling process efficiently and optimize your Season 12 Necromancer with the Haedrig's Gift free set. Pestilence or Trag'Oul - Corpse Lance - This build alternates long scouting sessions while waiting on cooldowns with the utter devastation once Devour meets Land of the Dead. Rathma - Skeletal Mage - If you like to keep a tight rein on your minions with precise commands, leading the menagerie of undead at your side in resource-fueled frenzy, this build is the one for you. Command Skeletons Inarius - Turning the skeleton warriors into a vicious, unrelenting superior to Bane of the Stricken, this build is a Necromancer's one-way ticket to the absolute endgame heights. Skeletal Mages Trag'Oul - This is the alternate take on the Mages build, specializing in extreme speed farming, while still offering capable GR pushes. Bone Storm Inarius - While it took an undeniable nerf, this build is still one of the most relaxing, farming-appropriate melee builds of Necromancers. Corpse Explosion Inarius - An underappreciated offshoot to the close range Inarius variants, this build is among the most visually appealing and satisfying Necromancer builds out there. Witch Doctors
      Beginner's Guide to Witch Doctors - Levels 1-70 and Guide with the Starting Set, Spirit of Arachyr - A guide that will take you through the leveling process efficiently and optimize your Season 12 Witch Doctor with the Haedrig's Gift free set. Arachyr - Firebats Endgame Build  - Requiring minimal upkeep, this build spins a circular, no-aiming-required wave of Firebats obliteration around you. Simple, neat, and utterly effective. Helltooth - Gargantuan Endgame Build - This staple summoner build offers laid-back playstyle with automated minions, excellent sustain and protective options, and even some space for crowd control. Jade Harvester Endgame Build - One of the oldest examples of interesting set execution, this melee spellcaster trades the safety of range and hexes for aggressive dives and DoT consumption. Zunimassa Gargantuan Endgame Build - This build thrives behind a thick wall of Fetish summons and is accompanied by lumbering, destructive Gargantuan brutes in a pure minion playstyle. Legacy of Nightmares Spirit Barrage Endgame Build - Emerging from a convergence of obscure mechanics, this build offers a unique, spell-heavy, bursty playstyle that produces some of the most spectacular visuals of the class. Wizards
      Beginner's Guide to Wizards - Levels 1-70 and Guide with the Starting Set, Vyr’s Amazing Arcana - A guide that will take you through the leveling process efficiently and optimize your Season 12 Wizard with the Haedrig's Gift free set. DMO - Frozen Orb - Combining the Frozen Orb nostalgia of sorceresses past with the forgotten power of Slow Time wizardry, this build leaves enemies helpless, watching their frozen death creep ever closer. Firebird (or Tal Rasha) - Meteor - Reaching for the heartstrings of Meteor lovers, this build channels torrents of arcane energy to conjure destructive, burning meteorites into a pure visual feast. Vyr Archon - The oldest devotees to the Archon playstyle, Vyr and its complementary Chantodo sets got an awesome boost of power in Patch 2.6.1. Tal Rasha - Explosive Blast - Aside from its distinct cannonade of arcane blasts, this build is very attractive to Wizards due to its ability to include Sage's set for materials farming. Arcane Torrent Tal Rasha - Spawning off the addition of Manald Heal this guide offers not one, but three very fun, tanky, non-Archon lightning variants to build around. Conclusion
      In short, Patch 2.6.1 is one of the best times Diablo 3 has experienced in terms of build diversity and sheer endgame potential. A living proof that pure numbers patches can sometimes work wonders. Have fun and good luck in Season 12 - I leave you with my hour-long overview of some of my favorite builds in the new patch!
    • By Damien
      This thread is for comments about our Vyr Archon Wizard Build Guide.
    • By Damien
      This thread is for comments about our Zunimassa Gargantuan Witch Doctor build guide.
    • By Damien
      This thread is for comments about our Natalya/Marauder Sentry Demon Hunter build guide.
    • By Damien
      This thread is for comments about our Marauder Cluster Arrow Demon Hunter Build Guide.