FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Smeb

What is a good % of crit to sit on as fire?

Hey guys,

I am curious as to what the stat priority is now in regard to fire. When I was playing during Nighthold and at the start of the xpansion crit was EVERYTHING for a fire mage however now it does not appear so.

I see the top fire mages gemming for mastery and the stat priority according to Icyveins has devalued crit significantly with mastery appearing more valuable especially for cleave. But looking at other guides such as Ask Mr Robot crit still appears to be of the highest value to a fire mage.

Not sure if I am missing anything but is there a nice % of crit to be sitting at for a fire mage? I am currently at about 58% at 886 ivl because I only just got back into it.

I am specced into Firestarter also.

Cheers

Crit was kinda meh in Nighthold due to the 2 set bonus, and it has remained so into ToS.

Currently you wanna be at around 40% crit ( ~7500 critical strike).

I'm sitting around 49%-50% crit. I'm not feeling very comfortable with less than 45% crit at all. Looking at some high skilled mages e.g. Preheat from <Limit>, who keeps himself about around 45% crit, it just strengthens my thesis. When im going for 47% crit, my sims tell me that crit is the 2nd best stat after versaility, but that might depend on the gear you wear.

I guess and recommend being about 43%-45% crit, if your sims dont tell you something else.

I'm sitting at 42% and with the teir set I feel pretty comfortable with my crit chains, maybe a little higher would be nice around 45% - 47% but not much higher than that, if your fireballs and scorches are always criting it lowers the dps value of Phoenix Flames and Fire Blast