FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Maxim

Any advice for my holy priest

I'm a casual player but i have played for around 10 years now.  I keep switching between which classes I want to play but seem to prefer healers.  I was recently Lvling a druid in outlands and kept getting wiped out by 110's getting a good laugh at me.  I decided to switch to my 110 holy priest and give them a fight.  I havent done much arena but I kick butt in battlegrounds so i thought i could hold my own.  Turns out all of them were able to take my priest down in 1 or 2 hits as well.  I could barely get a single cast off.  My gear is all in the 800's and my artifact weapon nearly maxed out but I still suck.  I noticed all the guys I was fighting had double ot triple the health I did.  Is this just because I chose priest or is there something I'm doing wrong?  I don't need to be elite but can you help me not completely suck?

On 9/3/2017 at 0:54 PM, Maxim said:

I'm a casual player but i have played for around 10 years now.  I keep switching between which classes I want to play but seem to prefer healers.  I was recently Lvling a druid in outlands and kept getting wiped out by 110's getting a good laugh at me.  I decided to switch to my 110 holy priest and give them a fight.  I havent done much arena but I kick butt in battlegrounds so i thought i could hold my own.  Turns out all of them were able to take my priest down in 1 or 2 hits as well.  I could barely get a single cast off.  My gear is all in the 800's and my artifact weapon nearly maxed out but I still suck.  I noticed all the guys I was fighting had double ot triple the health I did.  Is this just because I chose priest or is there something I'm doing wrong?  I don't need to be elite but can you help me not completely suck?

What's your average item level? At this point, there are plenty of people that will be average iLvL of 900+, especially PvPers. A HPriest can win a very long 1v1, but without proper planning for the enemy burst, you'll die rapidly. Can you link me your armory?

Thanks for the reply.  I've been grinding out world quests, dungeons and raids trying to improve my gear and have got my gear up about 30 levels since my original post (870 now).  Still would like any advice to continue my improvement.  I'm not familiar with how to link my armor.  This is what I get when I try to paste the link.

this HTML class. Value is https://worldofwarcr

3 hours ago, Maxim said:

Thanks for the reply.  I've been grinding out world quests, dungeons and raids trying to improve my gear and have got my gear up about 30 levels since my original post (870 now).  Still would like any advice to continue my improvement.

Yeah, so there's the biggest issue. In terms of the people you might be facing, you could be 50-60 item levels below them. To give you an idea of how huge of a difference that is, my Priest at 870 has 2.7M HP and 3.1M HP at 880. To further compare, my Mage has 3.8M at 905. Neither of these characters are particularly well geared and, if people are coming at you with normal raid gear, a couple pieces of Heroic and 2 legendaries, you're going to see them with 4.2M+ HP on cloth classes. This doesn't include tanks, higher HP DPS like Fury Warriors, etc. The damage difference is also crazy. My mage could most likely 1 shot my priest if my trinket procs and I crit with Glacial Spike. 

Your best bet with any kind of PvP in the world is to farm up gear ASAP. The reason you are fine in Battlegrounds is that your stats are boosted to give you a better chance of fighting, since your gear is much lower than the average. Trinkets and legendaries are also disabled.

Try to farm up some more gear, get onto Argus if you can and you'll be feeling much stronger fairly quickly.

On 9/6/2017 at 9:14 PM, Maxim said:

I'll try out Argus ASAP.  Thanks for taking the time to get me on the right path.    

No problem! Sorry I couldn't get to you sooner! Good luck with everything :D