Mezasu

Feel like I should be doing more dps

Sign in to follow this  

2 posts in this topic

I've been playing a hunter for as long as I've been playing this game.  And for the first time in raiding, I feel like I am not doing my best and I cannot figure out why. I look at second by second rotations of top parsing hunters. In the past I was the one helping others out and writing small guides on forums...now I'm the one asking for help. 

Here is a link to Goroth Mythic (my hunter's name is Mezäsu):

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/KjRvcMqbYGrp16Bt#fight=3

I am very open to criticism and any help anyone has to offer.

I tried going into the Discord to ask for help there but was not able to get a word in (as the helpers were busy with other people). Hoping I may have better luck here.

I don't see anything immediately wrong with the parse you just linked. The proportion of Aimed Shots to Marked Shots is good and you don't seem to fail any Aimed Shots outside of Vulnerable. Comparing to some top parses the top hunters literally have better gear, they crit a lot more and do more damage on every hit. Also top parses tend to kill the boss faster, or at a particular time just after Trueshot ends, plus good RNG.

RNG matters a lot on top parses, so they are not very good to compare on average. Look between the top 100 and 200 parses for reasonable values, not at the very top 10. For example, the guy with the top parse on mythic goroth for this week of 7.3 did 1.614 million dps. The same guy had done 1.468 million the previous week and he parsed purple on other bosses. So he's good, sure, but he got lucky on that one parse and when you try to compare to a good RNG parse of course yours looks bad. 

Your legendaries are also fine. Ring + Bracers or Ring + Boots are both top Legendary combinations for Goroth.

If anything the top hunters seem to consistently have a much higher weapon item level. Some dudes have like 960 weapons.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Riotzin
      <Pickle Palace> is a recently formed guild on Illidan, but is made up of veteran players who wanted to take a step back from semi-hardcore raiding. We are currently raiding Mythic Antorus (9/11), with our goal being to finish it out before the end of the expansion. Our community is actively playing outside of raid time, pushing M+ and hanging out on discord.

We raid on a 2 day schedule. Our raid days are Tuesday and Wednesday 9-12 EST. And will be adding a 3rd raid day for BfA! (Thursday or Monday)

We are currently recruiting,

All Exceptional Ranged DPS
      &
      Shaman w/ offpsec heals

Expectations
      Have a great attitude every night. Be prepared for every raid; this includes purchasing consumables and studying encounter strategies. We provide feast/codex/flasks other consumables are your responsibility Zero tolerance policy for criticizing others' performance. Officers will take care of it, worry about yourself and yourself only. Be critical of your performance and take time outside of raiding hours to analyze warcraftlogs for personal improvement. Have fun. We love playing with each other in a friendly, team-oriented, boss-crushing atmosphere -- and you should too! Must be able to tolerate adult language
      If you are interested in joining <Pickle Palace> please contact,

Codesta#1454 (Codestâ) - GM
      Fellife#1994 (Gakdh) - Officer
      FrostyDog#155103 (Riotzen) - Raid Lead
    • By lorileonard20
      <Intergalactic> Alliance-Korgath is recruiting new members!

Who are we?
      Intergalactic was founded by three friends who became increasingly frustrated with how some guilds operated and treated members. We’ve watched guild masters either get mad and G-kick the whole guild, GM’s never logging in and no one even talking to each other. We’ve been there and it sucks. We wanted not only to have a fun place to hang out with your friends and experience content, but to progress through Raiding. Our roster is a blend of Heroic raiders from other expansions, as well as new and returning players.

Our Goal
      First and foremost, we are here to have fun. We are currently progressing through Heroic HABT (7/11), What we’re looking for from our Heroic Raiders is the willingness to understand that and have fun in the process. We run our Heroic Raid on Monday and Tuesday nights at 7 pm server. We may run additional content, depending on everyone’s availability. We do run M+ keys, transmog/gear and achievement runs when possible. We use Discord for not only chat, but for communication in raids. A mic is not required, as long as you are able to hear the calls.

Our Family
      We are an understanding group of members who recognize that life’s priorities take precedent. Not able to attend every event? Work schedule changes? Kids have events you need to attend? We get it. We do try to be as inclusive and understanding as possible to our members. The only thing that we do ask of our members is to have fun, while being respectful of each other. We do have a Code of Conduct that we follow and we ask our new members to try to follow those rules. The short of it …. “Be excellent to each other and be respectful to other members.”

What are we Looking for?
      We are specifically looking for players to join our Raid groups, understanding that we are not going to one-shot bosses, but are going to have fun as we progress. We do welcome social/casual players, as well.

Who to Contact:
      GM - Vêl-Korgath
    • By Lager159
      Hi everyone. I just killed HC Varimathras and I was surprised by my low damage. There was not second time warp because we used the first one at 20% HP but I think I should get higher numbers. Can anyone tell me what did I do wrong? Was it really only in TW? I do not think so :/.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/XPYn1WJHRF7G4KMv#fight=6&type=damage-done

https://wowanalyzer.com/report/XPYn1WJHRF7G4KMv/6/15

• By Maplefire
      Looking for a fun, casually serious progression guild? Hordeland Security could be your new home! We started at launch, and have raided on Blackhand, Baelgun, and now Turalyon. 

We currently raid on Tuesdays and Thursdays 7:00- 9:15 Central Time. We understand that no one has an unlimited amount of time to play. We raid with a fun, casual, yet goal oriented focus; we achieve AotC in current content and then progress into Mythic. We also have a few that pvp, and we've been known to also do mog/achievement runs.
      Interested? Drop us a line!
      Raid Lead - Keelhaul (Herve#1737)
      Deputy Raid Leader - Duerdon (Duerdon#1111)
      Director - Safiza (Saffy#1122)
      -or-
      lil ol' me - Maplefire#1200 - (mention you're from the Icy Veins thread in the friend request so my brain won't explode)
      Thanks for your consideration - happy raiding!
    • By WindowsSeven
      I'm not entirely sure what I am doing wrong that is getting me this result, but I am getting about a 30k dps difference on training dummy when I use a defile, clawing shadows, shadow infusion build than when I use the recommended talents. I left the rest of my talents unchanged and I have yet to see where the dps difference is coming from (arbiter or clawing shadows), but I'm very confused as to how this could happen. Links to armory and mrrobot below.
      https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/wyrmrest-accord/goragi
      https://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/simulator/report/f3a7a9c5f88e4d10b5cb45224684a073
      Defile damage breakdown, Arbiter damage breakdown
      I felt like I had a harder time keeping my disease up and using coldheart on cooldown (or rather whenever at max stacks) with the arbiter build. Am I missing some key thing or do I just need to git gud? Thanks in advance for any help.