Mezasu

Feel like I should be doing more dps

Sign in to follow this  

2 posts in this topic

I've been playing a hunter for as long as I've been playing this game.  And for the first time in raiding, I feel like I am not doing my best and I cannot figure out why. I look at second by second rotations of top parsing hunters. In the past I was the one helping others out and writing small guides on forums...now I'm the one asking for help. 

Here is a link to Goroth Mythic (my hunter's name is Mezäsu):

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/KjRvcMqbYGrp16Bt#fight=3

I am very open to criticism and any help anyone has to offer.

I tried going into the Discord to ask for help there but was not able to get a word in (as the helpers were busy with other people). Hoping I may have better luck here.

I don't see anything immediately wrong with the parse you just linked. The proportion of Aimed Shots to Marked Shots is good and you don't seem to fail any Aimed Shots outside of Vulnerable. Comparing to some top parses the top hunters literally have better gear, they crit a lot more and do more damage on every hit. Also top parses tend to kill the boss faster, or at a particular time just after Trueshot ends, plus good RNG.

RNG matters a lot on top parses, so they are not very good to compare on average. Look between the top 100 and 200 parses for reasonable values, not at the very top 10. For example, the guy with the top parse on mythic goroth for this week of 7.3 did 1.614 million dps. The same guy had done 1.468 million the previous week and he parsed purple on other bosses. So he's good, sure, but he got lucky on that one parse and when you try to compare to a good RNG parse of course yours looks bad. 

Your legendaries are also fine. Ring + Bracers or Ring + Boots are both top Legendary combinations for Goroth.

If anything the top hunters seem to consistently have a much higher weapon item level. Some dudes have like 960 weapons.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Kaatra
      Hi everyone,

We are a guild that transferred from Alexstrasza to join the progression raiding scene as that server is very low population now. We are currently 8/8N and 4/8H uldir, and looking to move into heroics soon and mythic just after. 

We do more than just raid, we love to do keys, transmog runs, and even some PvP. We have a large range of players from several walks of life and have a unique and fun atmosphere, we are friendly and love helping people. 

We are looking for a few more members for our Sunday/Monday 5-8pm PST, and our tue/third 5-8pm PST. If anyone is interested in raid leading that will work too.

We are primarily east coast based but have a plethora of players that are on at all times of day.

Main needs for our raid team:
      ranged dps
      Healers
      Exceptional players

Of course all players as welcome as we do other guild activities such as world PVP, keys, xmog and other social activities.

So come join this very active guild and we hope to hear from you.

If you would like more information please add my btag at Kaatra#5865.

I look forward to hearing from all of you.
    • By Orb
      <Banana Hammock> is a BFA social raiding & M+ guild for late night weekend raiders.
      Hours: 11pm-2am (Pacific) Saturday & Sunday  for progression raids
      Progression: 8/8 N 2/8 H
      Raiding Goal:  To reach AOTC each tier and to do mythic raiding if we can. 
      Looking for:  
      1 Healer 1 Hybrid(Dps/Heals) Ranged DPS  If interested in raiding or hanging out with us just message
      B.net:  Nox#1474, Anubismerc#1882, or Radjehuty#1804
      Discord: nox#2686
    • By Chumani
      Inevitable Destiny   (H)Corrupted Destiny guild Skywall/Drak'thul US realm😎 JOIN US!
      We are currently 8/8 Normal Uldir and 2/8 Heroic Uldir  -- Kickin' ass and hell with their names!
      1st  raid - Sun/Tues/Thurs 600-830pst
      2nd raid - Fri/Mon 530-800pst
      We ARE one of Skywall's largest and oldest standing guilds! Very active with a large player base. ALWAYS something going on, mythic dungeon runs, normal runs for alts, Island Expeditions, Arathi Highlands Warfront, PVP events.... always something!!!
      Come experience the reason a guild as old as CD continues to stand and stand strong year after year after year! Come...... and get.... CORRUPTED!!!
      Chu#12466 or Deni#1743