FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
AartS

Simming Mythic+?

Hi all,

I was wondering, is there a point in simming yourself for mythic+? And if so, what would be the recommended settings?

When my ilvl was a bit lower, I just switched legendaries (soulmaster ring => to the warbelt) and some talents. And I used all the gear I had to reduce cooldown of Trueshot. (T19 set around 910 ilvl and CoF).

But now that my ST set gear no longer uses any T19 pieces due to better individual items, I am at a loss. Should I go back to T19 ilvl gear, or is the overall dps increase no longer worth the reduced trueshot?

Do stat weights for example change or do they stay the same?

The only reason i would sim for Mythic+ is if that is your focus. Not sure on MM but BM i would maybe swap to some talents that are more AOE damage but my gear would remain the same. Unless you are pushing for something crazy high or trying solo, i would think your raid gear would be just fine. 

Mythic+ has a lot more cleave than raids do, but I also don't know if there's an appropriate setting for it. Maybe 3 target sims? 5 target sims? The best is probably to make multiple sims and draw a trend.

More Trueshot should works better for cleave. I would say to use the legendary belt and boots (which you seem to do already), because of course that makes sense.

T19 and CoF I wouldn't know. If, for example you have the Tarnished Sentinel Medallion (which is basically all single target) then sure switch it for CoF. If you're using an Unstable Arcanocrystal that works well for both cleave and single target. If you're only doing a +10 for the weekly cache then I don't think it's worth the trouble to grab tier 19, but if you're doing a lot of high level mythic+ then probably yes.

Stat weights should change a bit between cleave and single target, but I don't have the answer.