FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Bellapop

BM hunter confused

BM t20-4p/t19-2p
Cotw Seph / Stomp/ AOTB/Cobrashot relics
I am assuming the legendaries are the call of the wilds and the seph ring
My issues is what other talents should I use besides stomp and aspect of the best.
Also, is this the zoo build?  My priority stats are crit and haste.

What t19 2piece is better to have?

Check the BM hunter guide on the website, it should breakdown all the talents to use.

There are no specific T19 pieces to use, it's mostly whatever is the highest ilvl or will give you the best stats without sacrificing ilvl. At the moment I have 905 legs and 915 T19 chest that I'm stuck using until I get a high titanforge.

This is generally what's known as the 'zoo build'. High crit, One With the Pack and a lot of Dire Beast spamming!

The best t19 pieces to use are cloak and gloves. Cloak because it's the lowest budget item (also the easiest one to obtain at high ilvl since it drops from the third boss of NH) and gloves because T20 gloves are awful. However, that's only if all your tier 19 pieces are of the same (or near same) item level. It's not a good idea to generalize without knowing what gear you have.

Why would you say gloves and cloak? T20 cloak gives haste/mastery and T19 cloak gives versa/mastery. T20 gloves give crit/mastery and T19 gloves give crit/haste. 

I would honestly say best items would be T19 legs and gloves, as the T20 legs give haste/versa.

It also depends on what bosses you're able to kill and on what difficulty - if you're just doing normal ToS or maybe even heroic, then I'd say going for 890 gear or hoping for TF gear is fine. But if you're pushing into mythics you'd be better off just going for the ilvl, 930 T20 gloves > 890 T19 gloves if you can get other pieces to make up the ilvl.

BM has predominantly been agi > all up until this tier, but you'll find that regardless of your stat weights, having 5~ overall ilvl will be more beneficial than most secondary stats.

Just as a reminder zoo build isn't neccesarily with aotb can be done just aswell if you have something like t19 legs and back/gloves in high TF and with KC. Difference between aotb build and kc build is non-existent so if you happen to have High mastery set pieces then definitly go for KC over your current build.

Just wanted to throw that in :)

7 hours ago, Luthixx said:

Why would you say gloves and cloak? T20 cloak gives haste/mastery and T19 cloak gives versa/mastery. T20 gloves give crit/mastery and T19 gloves give crit/haste. 

I would honestly say best items would be T19 legs and gloves, as the T20 legs give haste/versa.

It also depends on what bosses you're able to kill and on what difficulty - if you're just doing normal ToS or maybe even heroic, then I'd say going for 890 gear or hoping for TF gear is fine. But if you're pushing into mythics you'd be better off just going for the ilvl, 930 T20 gloves > 890 T19 gloves if you can get other pieces to make up the ilvl.

BM has predominantly been agi > all up until this tier, but you'll find that regardless of your stat weights, having 5~ overall ilvl will be more beneficial than most secondary stats.

First off, you literally wrote the stats wrong, check the tiers again dude. Wildstalker gloves give crit/vers. Wildstalker Cape gives crit/haste.

Second, you're ignoring the gear budget weights. Helm, Legs and Chest are higher budget items, meaning that they give more stats per item level. Meaning that you want Helm, Legs and Chest to be as high item level as possible, therefore tier 20. The Cloak is the lowest budget piece of your entire gear, it gives fewer stats per item level than any other piece, so you lose the least stats by wearing a low level cloak, even though tier 20 cloak does have better secondary stats. 

For the progress argument, sure 930 gloves are easier to get in tier 20, but the same argument works in reverse. If you're equipping 890 tier 19 Legs in order to grab those 930 gloves you lose more stats on the low Legs because of the stats budget. I don't have the numbers in hand to make a correct example, but currently my 920 legs give more agility than my 950 belt (and belt has the same stat budget as gloves). So Legs are worth getting higher item level than gloves by a pretty large margin, and much more so than cloak.

So if cloak has the lowest budget and Helm, Chest and Legs are the highest budget the only options left for the tier 19 2-piece are shoulders are gloves. Both are fairly similar to be honest, but the tier 20 gloves give high budget versatility, which is the worst stat. I'm aware tier 20 shoulders also give versatility, but so does tier 19 shoulders so you can't completely avoid it. The tier 20 shoulders have a lower versatility budget than the tier 19 shoulders though. So Cloak + gloves is the best combo of tier 19, all else being equal.

Edited by Khallid

21 hours ago, Khallid said:

First off, you literally wrote the stats wrong, check the tiers again dude. Wildstalker gloves give crit/vers. Wildstalker Cape gives crit/haste.

Second, you're ignoring the gear budget weights. Helm, Legs and Chest are higher budget items, meaning that they give more stats per item level. Meaning that you want Helm, Legs and Chest to be as high item level as possible, therefore tier 20. The Cloak is the lowest budget piece of your entire gear, it gives fewer stats per item level than any other piece, so you lose the least stats by wearing a low level cloak, even though tier 20 cloak does have better secondary stats. 

For the progress argument, sure 930 gloves are easier to get in tier 20, but the same argument works in reverse. If you're equipping 890 tier 19 Legs in order to grab those 930 gloves you lose more stats on the low Legs because of the stats budget. I don't have the numbers in hand to make a correct example, but currently my 920 legs give more agility than my 950 belt (and belt has the same stat budget as gloves). So Legs are worth getting higher item level than gloves by a pretty large margin, and much more so than cloak.

So if cloak has the lowest budget and Helm, Chest and Legs are the highest budget the only options left for the tier 19 2-piece are shoulders are gloves. Both are fairly similar to be honest, but the tier 20 gloves give high budget versatility, which is the worst stat. I'm aware tier 20 shoulders also give versatility, but so does tier 19 shoulders so you can't completely avoid it. The tier 20 shoulders have a lower versatility budget than the tier 19 shoulders though. So Cloak + gloves is the best combo of tier 19, all else being equal.

Well, someone had a bad morning. I just got them mixed around, I know all the stats I must've just been thinking of tier chest rather than cape. 

I know that each item gives different amounts of each stats, hence why I said in my first comment that ilvl and agi would be the most important as they scale better and affect more than secondary stats do. But from my experience, every time I've looked at my items and combos, and all the hunters I've raided with lately I've seen the better items to be ones where they can get highest ilvl T20 from first few mythic bosses. I mean if you're consistently clearing heroic or even mythic ToS past mistress, then of course T20 legs would end up being the better option but if they're that far into mythic they're not going to be posting here asking for advice.

Plus, it's also easier to clear mythic NH well past tich and get 905 T19 shoulders vs 915 T20 shoulders - plus T19 shoulders give crit over mastery, which for most of us now is a lot more strongly weighted. 

If in doubt, just sim it. Whatever combo sims the best is going to be the best. For me the best combo is T19 shoulders and chest funnily enough.

On 13/09/2017 at 11:20 AM, Khallid said:

Second, you're ignoring the gear budget weights. Helm, Legs and Chest are higher budget items, meaning that they give more stats per item level. Meaning that you want Helm, Legs and Chest to be as high item level as possible, therefore tier 20.

BIG WALL OF TEXT without any concept of comparison.

Step 1: Assume tier 19 & tier 20 is the same ilevel b/c they can be the same ilevel. What ilevel to use? Assume 955 in every slot. That is the RNG world we live in. What is the best pieces?  

Step 2: To min/max farm those two tier 19 pieces. Hint Hint Mythic Guldan must die over and over. 

Step 3: Run Sims with your gear choices b/c Step 1 is dream and never going to happen.  Every time you get a higher "tier" pieace your BiS pieces may change.  Before last night i was using tier 19 shoulders/cloak but now i got mythic guldan pants i am wearing tier 19 shoulders/pants.  

For example, my fellow guildy has 940 tier 19 shoulders...pretty sure that will be BiS for him until teir 21 :P The idea behind BM gearing is know what is best given the same ilevel and aim for those pieces and hope for the best.  

......arcano trinket attempt #26 & #27 tonight!

Edited by Banard

2 hours ago, Banard said:

Step 1: Assume tier 19 & tier 20 is the same ilevel b/c they can be the same ilevel. What ilevel to use? Assume 955 in every slot. That is the RNG world we live in. What is the best pieces?  

Step 2: To min/max farm those two tier 19 pieces.

Sure, that would be awesome. My guild won't run NH anymore though, so I'm personally out of luck.

Realistically, whatever titanforges the most is probably going to be the best.

......arcano trinket attempt #26 & #27 tonight!

I'm with you man, this has been driving me crazy. I've gotten 930 titanforged statsticks that still sim lower than a 910 arcanocrystal.

16 hours ago, Khallid said:

Sure, that would be awesome. My guild won't run NH anymore though, so I'm personally out of luck.

Realistically, whatever titanforges the most is probably going to be the best.

I'm with you man, this has been driving me crazy. I've gotten 930 titanforged statsticks that still sim lower than a 910 arcanocrystal.

Pugs man ..pugs. I found a few mythic guldan farm ones with the group finder. 

And at least you have a 910 arcano...mine is 875...and those 930 stats are still lower (by a very small %). I got a 930 engine which tech sims 10 k more but...meh one bad orb proc etc and there goes that. 

Edited by Banard

And at least you have a 910 arcano...mine is 875...and those 930 stats are still lower (by a very small %). I got a 930 engine which tech sims 10 k more but...meh one bad orb proc etc and there goes that. 

No I don't have it, I meant that I'm still rolling for the arcanocrystal because it sims so high. It's about 40 item levels stronger than other trinkets >_>

BM Hunter stats suggestions, I have 3 sets of gear, 1 is for raiding, 2nd is for questing,

I use lego neck item for self heals and bubble, it makes me live longer when attacked by mobs. and the 3rd is to go with a mastery build but will lose agility. I made it just to see what it could do.

set 1.                             set 2                     set 3

Agility- 42,831  --------- 41,866 ----------- 39,658

crit.- 31.87%  ----------- 34.31% ---------- 27.12%

haste- 21.49% ---------  21.00% --------- 19.82%

mast.- 84.54% ---------- 82.02% ----------- 105.59%

my question is would you give up 3,173 agility just to have the 105.59% mastery.  Set 1 my ilv is 935 and 2 & 3 is ilv 933.

my Concordance of the Legion  is at 67 Artifact power and using  +2 ranks on each of my relics. it boost my dps a little.

so any suggestion about this thanks.

Edited by Frieza

5 hours ago, Frieza said:

BM Hunter stats suggestions, I have 3 sets of gear, 1 is for raiding, 2nd is for questing,

I use lego neck item for self heals and bubble, it makes me live longer when attacked by mobs. and the 3rd is to go with a mastery build but will lose agility. I made it just to see what it could do.

set 1.                             set 2                     set 3

Agility- 42,831  --------- 41,866 ----------- 39,658

crit.- 31.87%  ----------- 34.31% ---------- 27.12%

haste- 21.49% ---------  21.00% --------- 19.82%

mast.- 84.54% ---------- 82.02% ----------- 105.59%

my question is would you give up 3,173 agility just to have the 105.59% mastery.  Set 1 my ilv is 935 and 2 & 3 is ilv 933.

my Concordance of the Legion  is at 67 Artifact power and using  +2 ranks on each of my relics. it boost my dps a little.

so any suggestion about this thanks.

Step 1) if you are going to ask questions about your gear, please start your own thread.

Step 2) download simcraft addon

Step 3) put on gear set you want to test, type /simc, and copy the data

Step 4) go to raidbots.com, click "quick sim" paste your data and hit sim. wait for results.

Step 5) repeat steps 3 and 4 for other sets of gear.

Step 6) see which sim shows the highest dps.

We can't tell you what gear will best for you or even guide you in the right direction without logs or a link to your armory to see gear and spec. Either way though the best route to take to see what gear yields higher damage is to sim it. simple addon and using raidbots makes it a breeze.

Ok thank you , I'm new to this. I will try that. And I'll take this post out and learn to make a new 1. still learning how to use this site did not mean to intrude sorry. thanks again for your time..