Vigan20

Low frost mage dps

Sign in to follow this  

6 posts in this topic

Hey, I've been wondering why my dps is low for an ilvl 530 mage. I tried arcane, and I was reaching maximum 100k dps (sustained) and I was constantly being kicked off raids for being the lowest dps. This is very annoying as my gear is too good for my dps. I always thought it was my rotation but my rotation is fine, after learning on here. Anyway, I tried focusing on haste and it improved my dps quite alot (20k) but it is still low. Any ideas? My armoury:

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/stormscale/Vigun/simple

Hi there,

I'm not going to claim to be an expert on Mages because I'm not! But there are a couple of things I've noticed!

1. Get 15% hit cap, this is essential, you'll be losing a lot of DPS through missing attacks!
  2. Your trinkets are pretty much useless in Frost, from what I remember, you get almost guaranteed critical strikes from your procs so extra crit is just a waste!

Have you considered trying Fire? I know it's very stat orientated but with the end game tier currently available, surely it's better than Frost?

Especially with those trinkets, I would try out Fire, it's a little more to manage than Frost but it's not difficult by a long way! Give it a go:)

Get rid of UVLS trinket ASAP!  It's terrible for every mage spec.

Don't go fire, you don't have the gear for it.

Re-read the section on rotations for your spec, virtually every dps problem is a rotation/priority issue.

Do not use Frost Bomb, use Nether Tempest for multi-target situations or Living Bomb for single target.

Post some logs so we can see what you're doing and then we can provide some detailed analysis.

• Like 4

There is an add-on I found I particularly like called We Don't Wipe. You have to download the rotations separate from the add-on itself, and not all rotations are covered. However, it doesn't seem too tough to set up if you wish to customize it. I recently was having a hard time cracking 100K dps, and with a series of new items and using this add-on, I am regularly popping 150K (highest has been 182K) damage. I do Frost, and there is great rotation set up for that. The best part is to remind me to drop the dots back on and renew my damage buff. That makes a HUGE difference.

This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Chumani
      Aka'magosh my raider friends! Chumani here from Corrupted Destiny guild (Horde) on Skywall/Drak'thul realms. We are currently recruiting for our core team for mythic raiding. We are 8/9 H ToS....  Consistant and Dependable members! (Who can handle cutting up and getting yelled at.... by a certain mage in our guild.... who cuts up too.... and won't admit it..... and puts down fake portals.... every week..... and people still take them.... to their death..... really......week..... after week.... to their death...... seriously)
      As always we are recruiting raiders and non raiders.
      *****GIRLS***** We have a large number of female gamers who do not have to worry about harrasment of any kind...we just will not tolerate this... and our group is like family. Come see for yourself!
      Tired of the ridiculous harassment from the opposite sex? You will be safe with us! Mature gamers who do not condone this behaviour!
      Our raid schedule is Tuesday/Thursday/Sunday 6:30pm to 9:00pm server time(pst)
      We use MUMBLE voice server, it is required and no exceptions!
      We currently have an "Alt" raid for alts and non-progression raiders on Mondays at the same time! MEGA amounts of fun there, alot of us use our mains to carry this raid and help gear these raiders up!
      Other guild events include: Herb Drives, Fishing Expo, Mog off! (Best transmog wins), Old Raids for Transmog gear & Mythic Plus runs. We do random guild events with prizes up to and including a FREE MONTH OF WOW! (Mog-Off is going on NOW!!)
      We have quite a bit of fun when we get together, as we always have over the years! Come join us and get corrupted (Disclaimer: Infections have been found to be the leading cause of corruption in many raiders) We've always been here and will continue to be here! Of course you will be required to sacrifice a goat or an alliance player once a week to the Horde gods..... You will also be required to laugh and have fun as well! We do have fun!
      So.......COME.......GET.......CORRUPTED!
      Chu@12466 - Deni#1743 - Cykopathyk#1366
      ***Newest video highlighting some of our girls!****
      (We are just huge nerds who see ourselves as badass warriors!... ok!)
      ******We also have one of our members who has published some 'how to' videos for certain in game mounts!!*** Keep eye out for Barcat, one of our casual members and professional mount hoarder and his youtube channel for these vids! Will post one in comment below*******
      http://www.warcraftmovies.com/movieview.php?id=247413
    • By bowsersfury
      Hello, 
      I am concerned that I am severely under performing as a fury warrior. I can manage to parse typically in the 80s for almost every fight in heroic ToS with a few exceptions: Mistress, Host, Avatar. I'm currently 933 equipped and I'm not at all concerned about my stats... I know I should and could be parsing in the 90s. But I have no idea what I'm doing wrong. 

My opener looks something like this: Charge, Pop Moonglaives trinket, Pop all CDS, Raging Blow, Oden's Fury, Rampage, then start normal priority rotation: Enraged RB>100 rage Rampage>RB>BT>FS. 

I have recently discovered that I have been doing my execute phase entirely wrong. I just went and tried first two bosses of heroic ToS again. Parses went up slightly... Goroth: 83->89, Inquis:84->90 but still not where I need to be. 
      Another think I'd like to mention is that I try to prioritize Enraged RB @100 rage before hitting rampage. According to Kelade (one of top fury warriors in US), this is 100k dps difference. Although at times I find myself in an awkward situation where I'm at 100 rage with RB on CD and I literally have to wait a whole global to hit it... I'd like to know how to make that stop lol. 

Last issue I'd like to bring up is this: Most of the time not all my CDs will line up perfectly together... BC, glaives, OF will be up but Avatar will be down. I'm slightly confused about when to use All/some of my cds... especially on fights like heroic KJ. Fights like Harj and Miss I'm confused about if I should hold all my cds for adds or blow them in the beginning along with prepot... I feel like prepot is a total waste without cds...

Below you will find the link to my armory and logs. Please Help me. I need to be parsing much higher than I am. My guild is doing mythic and I don't want to be the one holding us back.  

https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/character/stormrage/bòwser
      https://www.warcraftlogs.com/character/id/26903184
    • By capimeista
      hello everyone,
      i feel like im doing way to low dmg in my hc raids could some of you take a look at my logs and see if im doing something wrong.
      i already know my legendary ice time isnt the best but i dont have another.
      https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/dXFRr843LvBVNTpk/#type=damage-done&boss=-2&difficulty=0&source=5
      my thanks.
    • By Nobbykinz
      Autumn Mist is a raiding & social guild looking for players like you.
      http://www.autumn-mist.net

We are mostly searching to increase our DPS raid team so we can advance onto Mythic.
      We are a very active guild with events on most days:

Wed: TOS Heroic
      Thurs: TOS Heroic  
      Fri: Mythic + night  
      Sat: Day of Alcohol
      Sun: TOS Mythic  
      Mon: TOS Normal  
      Tues: Transmog Tuesday  

All starting at 8pm Server time other then the whole day events and posted in the calender.
      Feel free to apply via the website, or add me on bnet if you want a chat, Nobbykinz#2994 all questions welcome.